Almay Almay I Bring out the Hazel Trio

3.0

on 11/6/2013 12:11:00 PM

I didn't like this eyeshadows. The light colors donĀ“t have a good color payoff and are shimmery which I don't like. It is not a subtle glow, it's almost glittery. The dark color is a true purple, but not in a good way, it's purple in an eighties way! The texture is ok and the packaging is sturdier than other drugstore brands, but the colors are hideous.

on 8/22/2011 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

i bought this at the dollar tree for 1$.. which im guessing means it has been discontinued. i get really excited when i buy new eyeshadow and always test it once i get to the car. i dont usually use the sponge brush it comes with, but i tried this one, and it still gave pretty nice payoff. i know with a little primer and a good brush this will look awesome! i recommend picking it up, def. for a buck!

on 7/29/2011 9:09:00 AM

The colors are neutral and pretty (very close to WNW Walking on Eggshells). The issue I have is that the product is so hard and chalky. I've tried both dry and damp with no color payoff (multiple swipes and not so much as even coverage on the brush tip). I probably will break the cakes and move the product to loose shadow containers.

UPDATE: I broke the pink cake into a loose powder container. I applied it to my eyelid and got the nastiest crease problem a few hours later. This is not a good product.

on 2/19/2011 12:25:00 PM

Okay. I'm just going to get to the point. I DO NOT LIKE this eyeshadow palette, at all. I mean, the packaging is alright, I guess. It doesn't get all over the place and it doesn't break easy, which is nice. But that's not what you should look for in an eyshadow, really. I tried applying these, and the color is really nice, it made my brown eyes stand out, even if this was made for hazel eyes. But the pigmintation sucks! Even with an eyeshadow primer, it still sucked! They last for about 2 hours without primer and up 'til 4 hours with a primer! 3 hours with primer but on a rainy day. And barely at all without primer and on a rainy day! That, plus, this product is too shimery, the shimer literally gets everywhere when you apply it with a brush.

I'm at all disappointed with this product. I'm planning to give this to my aunt, who wants me to give away any of my makeup products I don't use. This is one of them. And I am not going to repurchase this.

on 12/22/2010 11:31:00 PM

These trios have been reformulated and repackaged. I bought the new packaging, with a swirly imprint embossed on the shadows. All three colors are beautiful and have a surprisingly smooth texture and very nice pigmentation....not too opaque and not too sheer (buildable color). These colors look very nice on my very dark brown eyes. I have a tutorial on youtube using this trio- that's how much I like it!!!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I'd say this is pretty good eyeshadow for hazels. My only problem with eyeshadow (all different brands, really) is that they seem to fade after several hours. Having it come in a trio is nice so that you don't have to get three different shadows to blend in, but other than that it's quite average. I would buy it again just because it DOES do a good job of bringing out my eye color.

I love this. The shades are very pretty. You can wear the second and third as just two shadows .... or the second and third as a duo also. They stay on well.

on 7/1/2010 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

i wish that the two bottom shades came without the top silvery shade. the top would probably look great at night but was just TOO silvery and bright. the bottom two grey/blue shades are to die for and have great pigment! i am yellow undertone, tanned olive skin asian girl and it looks fab on my eyes. will repurchase. if only they would sell these colors seperately...$6.99 at walgreens. the app is uselss to me and the flip top seems flimsy and im afraid it might break.

on 1/23/2010 4:29:00 AM

I adore the silver in this trio, all the colors have a decent amount of pigment. I'm happy with this product and my eyes thank Almay.

on 1/27/2009 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I brought this eyeshadow trio from ebay and i don't like it very much. The colors look great in the packaging but when put on my eyes i just don't like the lack of pigmentation.

Top Rated Almay Products