August 1, 2014 | 910 users online

Eye Shadow - Fyrinnae - Cookie Dough

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2010 7:10:00 PM More reviews by NatalieJ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Eh. This is nothing special on me. Super neutral shade leaning towards cool; I think I'd like it better if it was a tad warmer. Kinda reminds me of Stila's Kitten. It makes an ok highlighter.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2010 7:35:00 PM More reviews by dcoulon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Smooth, silky, the epitome of a neutral taupe. Yes, buy it! My only complaint is that it comes off a bit cool-toned on my skin (especially since I usually tend towards warmer tones, such as coral and gold) so I don't wear it as much as I should, but that's not the fault of the shadow . :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2010 5:49:00 PM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got a free sample of this, twice - with two separate Fyrinnae orders. I wonder if this might be one of their most popular shades? It's a light taupey color that reminds me a bit of MAC Era, but applied it has much more silver to it and is not nearly as warm as Era (which I think is a good thing!).

I use primer - I'm trying different ones right now. The Fyrinnae loose shadows work well with it, and it stays put pretty well throughout the day. I do like the wide variety of colors and finishes they offer - although most I've ordered have ended up too sparkly or shimmery. Cookie Dough is not one of those - it has a satiny finish with just a hint of shimmer - what I think is kind of like a MAC veluxe pearl shadow. This is my favorite every day go-to taupey neutral shadow.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2009 8:52:00 PM More reviews by bebo1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a nice light taupe with a pretty satin finish. It goes on sooo creamy.

I added a picture to the review. This is applied with a dry fluffy brush over UDPP. You can see a little bit of shimmer in the close up with flash, but it in real life it just has a nice soft sheen.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2008 9:44:00 PM More reviews by boo_hiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm so glad I bought this shadow. When it came in the mail I looked at it in the jar, and had my doubts. It looks really fugly in the jar, no offense Fyrinnae. But on my face it is soo gorge. It has a sheen that is pretty much invisible unless you actually put it on, and it ends up being a really pretty goldy-silvery-taupe. NOT glittery and not overly frosty, just a sheen so it brightens up your eyes. If I ever use up my sample, I'll get a full size.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2008 4:28:00 AM More reviews by TheShe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE THIS COLOR. in my opinion this is the silver equivalent of Fyrinnae's 'Polar Bear' gold shadow, in that it's perfectly smooth, applies like a dream no matter how you put it on (whereas other Fyrinnae shades MUST be applied either wet, or patted on with a fingertip - this you can brush on it and it looks amazing), and is a perfectly subtle, appropriate for day-or-nighttime, NON-GLITTERY metallic shade that really does look like liquid silver (or gold, in the case of Polar Bear) on your lid.
in the jar it does appear kind of...beige. that threw me off at first, but once i put it on, i was in love.
i really don't go a single day without either this or polar bear on my lids somewhere.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2008 7:20:00 PM More reviews by sixxmum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Note: Fyrinnae shadows are really more like a 1.5 in cost, but that isn't an option here.

This is an interesting shadow from Fyrinnae. It is somewhat more matte that many of their shimmer shades (though not completely, there is a slight shimmer to it) and, while it is a taupey color, it has something to it (a greenish cast, perhaps) that makes it unique. It really does look something like the color of cookie dough. I like to use this one with Orion's Belt as the green shimmers in Orion's seems to complement this shade. Like most Fyrinnae shadows, the texture is very creamy and pleasant.

Below is an image of the shadow pressed:
continued >>