July 24, 2014 | 1853 users online

Shampoo - John Frieda - Frizz-Ease Weather Works Weather-proofing [DISCONTINUED]

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2012 11:22:00 PM More reviews by MrsEdgewood

I love John Frieda products! I also use his deep conditioning spray, which detangles my hair and smells great. My hair can get a bit frizzy, especially in the summer time with all of the humidity, but the shampoo keeps my hair silky smooth, shiny, and sleek. It also leaves my hair feeling light and vibrant.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2010 6:41:00 AM More reviews by bkuc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use the Smooth Starts version of this product. I tried the Paul Mitchell Smooth as I usually like Paul Mitchell products. But, I had this shampoo and conditioner from before I started constantly using Paul Mitchell. I used the JF Smmoth Start shampoo, conditioner and thermal spray and my hair looked amazing. I used the spray before I used my hair dryer and then again before I used my flat iron and throughout the day my hair was still straight. I usually have this part (since my hair cut a week ago) that sticks out. With the JF that did not happen. I am going to set my PM stuff aside at least until my hair grows back in. I used to use the JF for brunettes. I can't say enough about these JF Smooth Start products. I am now no longer in tears when doing my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2010 5:33:00 PM More reviews by Kurohyou

HG shampoo and conditioner!!

I use the smooth start version of this shampoo and not only does it make my hair smell AMAZING but it never gets frizzy or staticy and feels so soft and shiny...right after the first use!
also I have fine hair, and this leaves ZERO buildup or residue and does NOT weigh down my hair at all, it actually gives me good volume too!
Ive used salon shampoos, and none come even CLOSE to John Frieda. using this stuff for life! (hopefully it never gets discontinued!)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2010 6:38:00 AM More reviews by bawangbieji

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This shampoo saved me when I was visiting Holland for the winter. The weather is extremely dry there and I come from a humid climate, so my hair went crazy with loads of static electric the entire time. No hair product helped it, nothing...until I came across this one. It stopped all the frizz and static electric. It leaves my hair soft, smooth and shiny. Definitely worth the buy.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2010 9:56:00 AM More reviews by Veedebee

I am using this shampoo with the conditioner and serum. I do like John Frieda products and I usually use the formula for blondes, but I decided to try this as the cold weather and coming in and out of heated buildings seems to be playing havoc with my hair.
On the plus side it does a good job of cleaning my hair, my hair is tangle free, has volume, styles nicely and does not frizz up if the weather gets a bit iffy.
On the downside it is not doing an adequate job of moisturising my hair, so it only looks good for one day. Actually it isn't that great for the colour either, brilliant on the day I've washed it, but it gets progressivley brassy and straw like - I have naturally blonde hair - so this is no good for me and will not be a repeat buy. For people with hair in good condition that just have to protect their hair from the weather this is probably a good product

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2009 2:21:00 PM More reviews by tiff796

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have used this product in combination with the conditioner, and the Weather Proofing-Style Sealant Creame for several months now. I live in south Louisiana, where the humidity can reach 100% in the summer months. With my very fine, thin, very curly hair I need serious help to keep the frizz down. This works wonders! It leaves my hair soft and managable, and when I am outside no clown hair. I will repurchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2009 3:26:00 PM More reviews by joyce21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros: smells good, lathers and cleans well. No build up
Cons: chemicals in this shampoo that stripped my hair's natural oils. also felt like I lost a lot of hair... which is not good because i have thin hair :(
On that note, I will be trying something else.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2008 6:43:00 PM More reviews by aristocutie

The first time I used this shampoo, I loved it!! It smells great, it makes my hair really shiny, smooth, and soft. The only downside is that it gave me really bad dandruff after a few uses. However, I put that I would buy it again because I really do love it and found that if I use it every few days and use an anti dandruff shampoo in between; I can get the best of both worlds.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2008 10:44:00 AM More reviews by AnnaNicole1030

This shampoo is a good one in combination with the conditioner. Really helps my hair on very humid days. Tames the frizz. At the price i would def buy it again!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2008 2:58:00 PM More reviews by LaFievre

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This shampoo/conditioner set only helps my fine yet thickly dispersed hair when the weather report says the humidity will be above 85% for the day (Eg, thunderstorms are forecasted). In those cases, it works better than a standard de-frizz shampoo. Any other day, however, this makes my hair feel disgusting and I'll have visible flyaways. It's very odd. If I use it more than a couple days in a row, I can tell it starts building up... while it works better then, it makes my hair feel gross, so I will not buy again. It is good for occasional use in high humidity though.