August 30, 2014 | 965 users online

Treatments (Face) - Skin Biology - Super GHK Copper Serum

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2012 8:26:00 PM More reviews by Delilabee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I keep vascillating about how much I like this. Specifically...
LIKE:
- It de-inflames irritated skin superbly. There's nothing quite like it for calming aggravation and leaving a serene glow.
- Over time it produces a pleasant, natural, noticeable firming.
DISLIKE:
- It darkens any hyperpigmentation immediately and substantially. If I apply it at night my pigmented areas are troublingly darker in the morning, every time, without fail.
- Copper is dangerous in contact with acidic products; you can end up with free copper on your skin which damages collagen and can *cause* wrinkling. There is no warning on the bottle about this!
- It's mainly useful for healing and firming after irritation of some kind, such as acid peels. It has not made any impact on my fine wrinkles or scars, despite copious advertising!
- I cannot wear it during the day because it balls up under makeup and creates a sickly looking facial shine.
- Worn at night it always causes puffy eyes for me in the morning.
- The person behind the product is unethically and intentionally misleading in their advertising, grossly irresponsible in their care of customers and rude beyond all belief.
CONCLUSION:
A 'nice to have' - very useful for calming skin and some firming, but definitely not for everyone nor for everyday use. Buy it from someone other than Skin Biology if you want any hope of after sales care. Give at least some of your money to a nice reseller!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by Slone07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have used a variety of Skin Biology's copper peptides (Super CP Serum, CP Serum, Super COP 2x, Folligen), but I always come back to this first generation copper peptide serum. I find that I have excellent results with this, and less with the stronger formulations (all being second generation). I do believe that the second gen CPs work for many people, but in my experience, I get the most out of this bad boy. Which is really too bad, since it's more expensive. :-/ BUT...that said... This serum has been a God send for me. I have Hashimoto's thyroid disease and along with that, the typical thinning hair, eyebrows, and lashes. In the FIRST MONTH of using this daily (admittedly, occasionally twice daily), I noticed my lashes getting longer and my eyebrows filling in. I thought I was just wishful thinking, so I ignored it. By the end of month two, my lashes were past the end of my lash curler (they were halfway before...I made note of it) and a bald spot in my brows, as well as the outer third, has filled in. The hairs are thicker and darker, too. I don't know if there are MORE hairs, but they're definitely thicker and longer. For the first time in my life, I may have to trim my brows! Oh, to have such a problem. LOL And as if that isn't enough, my thinning temples now have some short, fine hairs filling in and I can feel (more) comfortable wearing my hair pulled back in a loose ponytail! All of this hair growth has also resulted in a bit of a 'stache, too, though. It's only noticeable by me unless in the right light and angle, but I have had to learn how to wax my upper lip. LOL Ugh...but I'll deal with it if I no longer have to fill in my eyebrows and worry about my thinning temples. ;-)

As far as my skin goes, it's glowing. I've been using acids and Retin-A for ages, but this serum truly bumped my skincare OOMPH up a notch and a half. I use two pumps on my clean, damp face and neck, and rub any excess into my brows, lashes, and temples. I absolutely adore this serum, and the only thing I wish for it was that it was more stable so I could use it with other actives...I'd be using this twice a day regularly if I could combine it (immediately) with Vitamin C serum and my Exfol serum.

Oh, and I've been rubbing a tiny amount into my cuticles at night, too. My nails have become smoother in texture (less ridges). I'm not sure if this has anything to do with my nail strength, as I am using Mavala Scientifique Nail Hardener, as well as Nail Magic (oooh, the all formaldehyde...I know, I know! :-/), but it's definitely made SOME change.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2011 5:12:00 AM More reviews by fendidonna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Really nice product - looks exxy but you only need a few drops to do the job. Also "cheapish" if bought from the skinbiology site directly as they have an excellent samples program (particularly generous to non-US clients). Not recommended to be used at the same time as tretinoin or AHAs which puts this product in an a.m. routine if you use retin-A or other stong exfoliators which are best used at night. Is irritating if used after dermaroller but a good product with visible firming effects and reliable scientific studies to back it up as GHK-Cu.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2009 12:33:00 AM More reviews by questionable

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my first venture into copper peptides and I decided to start with the mildest Skin Biology product, Super GHK. I used it on my face, neck and back of hands and after three weeks I could see an improvement. One bottle lasts about a month. I'm now ready to try the slightly stronger CP Serum. I use GHK in the AM and Paula's Choice 10% AHA at night.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2008 10:09:00 PM More reviews by EnchantedOne

I've been using cp's since 2004. I've used this GHK for over a year. I like this product very much. I don't have to worry about the uglies when using it. My skin looks healthy and taut. I use it in conjunction with tazorac.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2008 3:10:00 PM More reviews by LolaBlue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Several years ago I used to use MakeUpArtistsChoice.com CP serum, which was also made by Skin Biology (just repackaged for MUAC). I really liked it, but since it wasn't in an air-tight bottle it would oxidize faster than I could use it. I found this frustrating and started looking for a C serum to use instead. Recently I decided to try copper peptides again and found Skin Biology GHK serum. Initially I wanted it just because it was in a pump bottle and that reduces the likelihood of it oxidizing, but the short list of ingredients and the lack of any silicones in the product made it seem perfect for my sensitive skin. It also appealed to me because it has such a high concentration of CP compared to other brands (5x more than Neova who actually get their copper from skin biology, as does neutrogena), and is relatively reasonable in cost. I have been using this for a week or two, every morning under Abra calendule phyto-serum and I'm very happy with it. You need only a small amount (1 pumps worth) to cover your whole face, and even though I've only been using it for a few weeks I'm starting to see some of my old acne scars lightening. Obviously it's going to take more time to see a drastic reduction in the scars, but some of the lighter ones are much less noticeable now. Overall my skin is much more even toned, and more refined. At night I use RAM, and they seem to compliment each other well.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No