November 21, 2014 | 1345 users online

Cleansers - DS Laboratories Hydroviton Skin Perfecting Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2013 4:36:00 AM More reviews by janeerackley

I've been using this for nearly a month now and I'm quietly impressed with the results.

I've had PCOS related acne to a lesser or greater degree for over 20 years now. The only treatment that has really worked was the contraceptive Dianette, which I can no longer take. So, this must be a familiar story to a lot of you, I was on the endless search for something to clear my blackheads, blocked pores and spots. I was using Proaciv, which was ok-ish, and Retin-A (red, sore, sun sensitive flakey skin...) until it was discontinued.

Right, that's the background out of the way! I've been using the DS (in combination with Finacea) for four weeks now and the difference is amazing. I use a makeup remover first (Dermalogica's Precleanse) and then a small amount of the cleanser twice a day. It stings slightly, especially if it goes in my eyes, but not unbearably so.

My skin is now so much smoother, clearer, less sore looking and red. Yes, I've still got blocked pores and a few spots, although nowhere near as many as before. I can honestly say that, for me, no other cleanser has worked so well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2008 2:41:00 PM More reviews by jennstarr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hydroviton CR Skin Perfecting Cleanser indicates that it addresses dull skin, acne and symptoms of acne (redness, lesions), oiliness, large pores and sensitivity. Although it is not a brand I've heard of, I thought it sounded interesting enough to give it a try. At $30 for 80mL. I really hoped it would deliver.
When you read the insert, they really didn't hold back on information and technical terms - so while a bit over the top for a little tube of cleanser, I appreciated their thoroughness.

The cleanser itself (once you get past the little tube) is very different. It has a gel-like low foam consistency with a slightly spicy, but not overpowering scent. I would recommend using a makeup remover first since it can't really be used around the eyes due to the ahas. You do go through a temporary desquamation and purging period, but after about a week, skin is clearer, more refined and overall - improved.

I will continue using this consistantly in conjunction with another cleanser - depending on my skin condition. One tube will likely last only about a month, but since it delivers better than most cleansers like it - without irritation - its worth it to me.
EDIT: I'm not sure if this product was purging my skin or giving me breakouts...I stopped using it since whenever I did I would get little whiteheads the next day. (?)