October 31, 2014 | 1582 users online

Cleansers - Lancome - baume eclat

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2013 2:42:00 PM More reviews by Crestaline

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

+1 to Valentina's review, it's super oily cleanser, you need to rinse and rinse and rinse and then use lots of toner/lotion if you like your skin sparkling clean. I assume it might be better for dry skin though, no cream will be needed after it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2011 7:26:00 AM More reviews by ValentinaRUS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It does remove makeup well but you have to work really hard to get it off your face. For me it just feels way too chemical even though it does its job I won't repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2010 1:26:00 PM More reviews by iloveurbandecay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my luxury product. It's way over the top expensive, unfortunately, but using it makes me feel like a queen.

I put it on my dry face at the end of the day. Over all my makeup, sweat, etc. It just oils up and massages the grime away. It's such a beautiful feeling I am paying the huge mark-up for this delightful, rich, fabulous luxurious cleanse.

But it's not a total cleanse. It leaves a film on afterwards, so you HAVE to use a toner to get the Baume Eclat off your face.

But I still love to use this product.

Because it's so expensive, I try to switch up cleansers in between tubes, so I'll use drug store cleansers.

Ick! Once you've tried Baume Eclat, the luxuriousness of it, the drug store cleansers feel like you're washing your face in clothing detergent.

I do adore using this product even though it's not the best cleanser in the world. Go figure. Lancome's got me hooked on this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2010 1:46:00 PM More reviews by lexileven

I like this. The scent is refreshing but doesn't irritate my skin, and it works well to clean my skin without drying. You do need to take the time to massage it until it feels very 'slippy' before rinsing; this stage emulsifies the dirt & makeup and if the product doesn't get there, your face won't be clean. The tube packaging is neat and it's good for travelling when compared with a regular oil. So pricy though, I knocked a lippy off - I need L'Oreal to bring out a version! ;-)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2009 7:43:00 PM More reviews by RosB

I love this cleanser so much! It's texture is very good.a balm which when smoothed onto the face becomes an oil which then rinses off as a milk.it's perfect for my normal to dry skin. It leaves my skin feeling clean but not tight. It removes my make up ok although I should say I don't wear heavy eye make up or waterproof mascara!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2009 11:43:00 AM More reviews by TinaGreece

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Name of product: Baume Eclat Balm-To-Oil Massage Cleanser. Hmm, I've nearly finished the tube and I can't say I really liked it. I don't think it does much, it doesn't take off all my make-up as when I use a cleansing water/toner afterwards, I still have to use quite a few cotton pads to get all make-up off. I found it quite useless and a waste. I see I'm only happy with Lancome's Huile Eclat Remove All Deep Cleansing Oil Face & Eyes and Clinique's Take the day off balm which cleanse thoroughly and in a jiffy.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2009 5:33:00 PM More reviews by Cat100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like to change things up every now and then because I am a product junky. However, I always pay the price somehow. I am a regular user of all Merle Norman products. Note I am in my early forties with normal to dry skin in the winter season. After reading reviews on Balm Eclat, I decided to purchase it and use it as a makeup remover before actual cleansing. I loved how it removed every stitch of makeup but it made my eyes burn so I used my eye makeup remover on my eyes the next night. I loved the texture and it is true that it starts off as a cream then turns to oil and then to a milky texture upon adding warm water. When the warm water is added you can see all of your makeup sitting on top of your skin. Just have to rinse it all away. I used Balm Eclat for several nights because I had to do some experimenting. The very first night I used it, I felt a very slight burning on my cheeks. It went away within seconds after I rinsed it. I used Balm Eclat by itself and I used it in combination with my lancome cleanser Creme Radiance. However, the more I used it the worse the burning became. Today I have red blotches and little bumps all over my face and after just about 24 hours since I last used it I can still feel the burning on my cheeks. I could not wear makeup to work today because my facial skin was so irritated. Needless to say on my lunch break I took it back to the Lancome counter and they gave me my money back. Now I will see how well the Creme Radiance works with removing makeup and if it leaves any irritation. If I end up returning the Creme Radiance, I will be going back to using my Merle Norman products whereby I have encountered absolutley no irritation from any of their products from cleansers, to treatments to makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2008 9:57:00 AM More reviews by rebeccam_br

This product is not meant to lather, neither is it supposed to be applied when your skin is wet. It goes from balm (tube) to oil (face), to a milky residue when rinsed. All that is needed is a pea-sized dollop. A little goes a VERY long way :). It is a gentle cleanser (very lightly scented) that gently clears the skin of oil & dirt. If you are wearing extra cosmetics (ie. eyeliner, mascara), I do recommend a makeup remover before hand. My skin has never reacted this well to ANY other cleanser on the market... I've gone from Aveda to Clinique to Vichy,

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2008 9:17:00 PM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love the smell and if you use enough, you will get a bit of a lather. I really think this could've been sold in a pump which I would've loved. It didn't rinse as clean as I would like and I broke out a bit. Even though I have combo-dry-sensitive skin, one would think that this would work, but I don't believe it is being marketed to sensitive skin on the Lancome website. Luckily, I used the sample before I opened the big duo set I bought, so I simply returned it. Maybe I will try again mid-winter!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2008 3:08:00 PM More reviews by Drumstick

I recently purchased a full-size tube of this after I was so impressed with the sample I received previously. It's a joy to use - it feels really luxurious and the scent isn't overpowering. My skin feels wonderful after using it - definitely recommend it.