October 24, 2014 | 2036 users online

Eye Shadow - Fyrinnae - Polar Bear

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2013 4:06:00 PM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Looks a pale beige white gold in the pot, applies as a fantastically molten butter gold. Metallic without being glittery, it is a phenomenal accent color. I have trouble with yellow and orange, but this gold is flattering on my palest cool skin and blue eyes. It presses absolutely beautifully, smooth and buttery with a few drops of MyMix (my loose Polar Bear is pre-January 2013) and 91% alcohol. If I could only have one true gold, it would be this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

This is a beautiful pale gold. I love it and the texture is very fine. This gold suits my complexion and I will likely repurchase. One of the few Fyrinnae pigments that I prefer NOT to use with Epoxy, because it is so much sheerer and more flattering on me that way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2010 3:52:00 PM More reviews by linhle777

I love this color!!! I can see myself using this up very quickly. It is a light golden that looks great as a highlighter.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2010 1:15:00 PM More reviews by Stephz7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I first bought this as a sample but quickly fell in love with it so I ordered a full size :D It's one of those eyeshadows that looks great anytime and that I can reach for when I have to be out of the house in 5 min, which is very often... :P I'm actually still using up my mini size dice it has so much product, I will repurchase when I run out fer sure :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2010 7:25:00 PM More reviews by dcoulon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this eyeshadow! I'm not sure what I can say that hasn't already been said, but as a fair-skinned blonde, I always have to worry about shadows looking too harsh on me, and this one is great. Apply it dry, it is a soft shimmery gold (not yellow!), apply it wet or over Pixie Epoxy, it is a metallic shade sure to catch eyes. I highly recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2010 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Canadianadia

I absolutely love Fyrinnae powder eyeshadows, and Polar Bear is no exception. On my tan skin it goes on as a white gold with a light yellow tone. I suggest using it with Pixie Epoxy to minimize fallout, and to achieve that lovely metallic finish. I love using this color on the inner corner of my eye. I took off one lippie because I was hoping to use it as a highlight on my brow bone but it's much too bold, contrary to the way it appears in the container. I would also prefer if the samples came with sifters. If I could give this a 4.5 I would, as this is quickly becoming a favorite of mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2010 5:40:00 AM More reviews by dejahthoris

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

In the pot and in the pictures, this looks kindof pale beige-y... but put it on the skin and wow, serious glam gold. It can be sheer, too.. it doesn't seem to have any kind of base, light or dark.. meaning, you can brush it over any other color you want to give a gold gleam to, without changing the original color. Very versatile. It's a very light, bright, shining gold.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2009 5:20:00 PM More reviews by ard

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a knockout gold, a bit on the warm side. It's very pigmented and applies like a dream over Benefit's creaseless cream shadow in RSVP. I'm impressed that such great quality can be had for so little money. I'll definitely be purchasing a full size of this.

The packaging is cheap as hell, but life goes on.

Continue on for swatch and product photo:

L-R: Polar Bear, Snow Leopard, Evocation (all Fyrinnae)

continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2009 6:16:00 PM More reviews by hp11989

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Overall rating: I was disappointed in this shade because it was too pigmented and too dark to use as a brow bone highlighter, which is what I bought it for. I still gave it three lippies though because it's not a horrible color or texture; it's just not what I was looking for. I don't look good in yellowed golds unless they are extremely sheer. This is very dense and actually cast an unflattering tone from my lids onto my fair, pink cheeks (don't know how, but it did). If you are looking for a finely milled, shimmery yellowed gold, however, go for it!
Where did I buy this: Fyrinnae Web site.
Price: $1.75 for a generous 1/4-teaspoon sample.
Packaging: Standard screw-top sample pot; no sifter cap.
Would I buy again: Nope. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2009 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Rivoli

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A nice sparkling loose eyeshadow. Although it looked white gold in the pot, it applied on my lid as a much more buttery gold yellow shade. This e/s runs warm toned for sure. I used it with a dark golden-green to complete the look. Overall, wonderful for the price. I won't re-buy because I own a similar MAC yellow pigment that is less sparkly than this, which I prefer. I'm NC15.