October 24, 2014 | 971 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Zoe 1" Professional Styling Iron

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2014 12:13:00 PM More reviews by Leeniebop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This iron is terrible for one reason: no adjustable heat setting. It fried my hair instantly. I would not recommend this to people with fine hair it will destroy it. I have curly hair but its pretty fine and it destroyed it despite my passing it over really quickly to try and avoid it. If you need a really hot iron all the time for really stubborn curls then maybe this would work for you? I'm certainly never using it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 7:11:00 PM More reviews by MissAwesome

My hair is actually pretty naturally straight to begin with, but there are days where my hair will have a weird flip at the end, and water doesn't straighten it out like it usually does. I found this straightener at Marshall's for $20 and decided to use give it a go for those occasions. It works really well for my hair (my hair works well with heat) and it's straightens the way my natural hair would be without the flip at the end.
Some reviews said this iron doesn't have a temperature adjustment, but I guess that depends if it's newer or not cause the one I bought has a setting of 140, 210, 280, 360, and 430. But I understand why those with straighteners with just 430 would be upset since 430 degrees will kill my hair. That's just waaaay too hot and I like the 210 setting on this iron.
It's also very cute, mine is pink with a couple daisies:)
Overall, it's really good for a $20 straightener and I'm glad I got it. I won't use it everyday, but I'll be glad it's there when I need it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2012 9:44:00 PM More reviews by OmgYouAreGay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have to wait an hour for it to heat up. When it finally heats up it barely straightens. I have to go over the same part 2 or 3 times. Even then it doesn't stay straight for more than a few minutes. I use my husbands CHI straightener instead. It might be expensive but it WORKS it doesn't damage your hair and it is nearly indestructible! I drop it all of the time x.x!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2012 11:37:00 PM More reviews by laurenmn

I had curly hair, now relaxed, which means I don't need that hardcore a flat iron. This does the job quickly and well for me, so I'm not complaining. Especially not for 15 bucks!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2011 2:33:00 PM More reviews by howleratchee

This styling tool was a very thoughtful gift I received for my 22nd birthday on July 4th. I had never heard of this brand previously, but this product was purchased at a typical department store to my knowledge. My hair is naturally wavy, tends to frizz, and is hard to tame in general, due to the fact that I live in the relentless Texas heat. The only other styling iron I have owned that worked on my hair was *gasp* a CHI, which unfortunately shorted out on me a couple years ago. For a flat iron lacking heat adjustment, I was shocked at how well this product worked for me.

This professional styling iron features 'Tourmaline Ceramic Technology' which provides even temperature during usage to avoid hot spots, and reduce split ends and frizz. The iron heats up to 410 F and has a tangle-free 360 degree cord. The design of the iron is black with white polka-dots and the ceramic 1" plates are deep pink. Neat/great extra? This flat iron came with a thermal travel pouch, that has a pocket for extras on the back, as well as an elastic band that allows you to situate your *properly* wrapped cord for safe transport.

Thus far I have used this iron a handful of times, separating my hair into small sections first, and it has made my hair manageable and smooth. For added shine and control, I lock my style in with Garnier Fructis 'Sleek & Shine Anti-Humidity hairspray.'

I am enjoying this gift, and will be taking extra special care of it in hopes that it will be my fashion companion for a very long time!!

Happy styling!,

-N

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2011 12:37:00 PM More reviews by DollParts7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Well, this gets a pretty bad rap because of the fact that it's non adjustable. I don't like the fact that it isn't, and I think 410 is a little much. I have a heat resistant spray that protects up to 425, but I don't like using it because it smells horrid.

And speaking of smells, it smells absolutely awful! Man, I had to spray perfume all over my room because it was just horrid.

Other than that, it would glide over my hair and wouldn't get caught on the ridiculous amount of kinks I have in my hair.

Makes it shiney, and it doesn't get caught. It's fast, and it's pretty. But I'm considering just returning it because I already have a flat iron, and I wanted one that's adjustable also. Revlon, here I come!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2011 1:28:00 AM More reviews by bronzedoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Black

This flat iron was very convenient! I was at my local TJMAXX store and notice that their starting to sell hair products so I glazed over some of the items. I already have a high end flat iron made by Sedu which leaves my hair soft and shiny but it's 11/2 and my hair is just above my shoulder so its hard for me to curl it. I was looking for a flat iron that wouldn't damage my coarse hair yet leave it soft and give it an bounce and curl at the end. This did just that. I placed some of my favorite hair product to keep it from damaging it and then I waited 30 seconds for this Zoe flat iron to heat up. It heated up pretty quick and it didn't leave a dent in my hair which is a plus. My hair came out soft and is still curly at the end which is what I like. Only problem is , that it doesn't have a heat adjustment. Heats up to 450 which is needed for my coarse hair but when I have a perm I don't need that much heat. Also came with a cute pouch to match. I have the cherry version! What's neat is I got it for only 15.00.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2010 12:31:00 AM More reviews by cjmar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I visited Ulta and asked a salesgirl to recommend a flat iron, naturally she showed me a CHI, which is way out of my price range so I asked her to recommend an affordable iron. She showed me the Zoe, I paid my $30, and I was on my merry way. Brought it home and the first thing I discovered is no adjustable temperature. The on/off switch is just a sliding switch, I'm not sure if this thing has an automatic shutoff. I plugged it in and it heated very quickly (a plus!). I flat ironed about 3 sections of hair and it snagged and pulled the entire time! Returning this item! Sorry.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2010 5:40:00 PM More reviews by kaylaxoxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really think this would be a great flatiron if it wasnt for the fact you can't adjust the heat setting! 410 F is just way to hot for my hair and I've been finding my hair feels drier after using this iron repeatly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 9:41:00 AM More reviews by rvkma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Honestly, you're getting a cheapie flat iron here. And for the price, it's a great iron. I got mine on clearance at Ulta for $19.99, but even at the regular $39.99 price this is just fine. I didn't have any problems with the plates meeting, I didn't have any problems with the iron heating up too high. My only complaint is that the design is a little goofy (they only had the pink stars or the cherries left) but again, for 20 bucks, I'm good.