August 1, 2014 | 1058 users online

Eyeliner - Ben Nye - Cake eyeliner in Eggplant

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2011 4:52:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I give this a four instead of a five only because it isn't waterproof, and neither of the two sealers (Ben Nye LiquiSet and Medusa's Makeup Eyeliner Seal) will render it waterproof. I live in a hot, humid climate, so tenacious wear is important to me.

That said, I really like Eggplant. I already own this liner in black, and wanted a deep plum, an almost-but-not-quite-black color, with a dash of purple to play up my green eyes. Eggplant is the *perfect* color. Even applied sloppily, with a crappy brush, to an unprimed lid, it still looks pretty good.

Time will tell if these cake liners will replace my gel ones, but for now I'm pleased. The fact that Ben Nye is a cruelty-free company makes a re-purchase likely.
UPDATE: I've found that with Kryolan's cake eyeliner sealer, it stays like crazy, and the color is more intense.

I thought gel eyeliner was my HG, but I find cake eyeliner easier to apply, less expensive, easier on my brushes, and more flattering.

Since I can get my HG combination of Ben Nye cake liner + Kryolan sealer online, and both products/companies are cruelty-free, I am SOLD! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2008 10:13:00 PM More reviews by Teacakeanyone

Fantastic! I am utterly sold on cake eyeliners compared to gel. You can get just the consistency you want and use any brush you want. I use an artist's paint brush to get a super fine and defining line very close to my lashes. The color is a dark purple, almost black. Not purple enough to scream "I have green/blue eyes," but a bit less harsh than black. I love this product, though, and may have to invest in some brown ones now! To find this eyeliner, check out theater makeup websites.