April 19, 2014 | 1860 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Feria Multi-faceted Shimmering Colour in #41 Rich Mahogany

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2013 12:41:00 AM More reviews by MangoPoptart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is literally the first box hair dye I've used that I will be repurchasing (and I've tried probably 20 different shades and brands)-- I've never been satisfied with a hair dye until today when I used this color. It's beautiful, covers sooooo evenly (I had very patchy coppery light brown/blonde/med brown hair as a result of a dye gone too dark in the front and light in the back (JF foam) followed by ColorOpps to pull it out (love me some ColorOpps lol)), is super shiny and rich looking. I can't comment on how it's gonna fade cuz I haven't used it before but I think with cold water red hair shampoos a couple times a week and dry shampoos on off days should keep it looking good. Excited to finally be someone who has a 'go to' dye :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2011 7:02:00 PM More reviews by happifayce

I have bleached my hair for so many years I can't even remember how many. I purchased this, and I put it on my hair and it was literally reddish brown in 3 minutes. I left it on for 15 minutes and it is such a beautiful color! I was tired of blonde and this is definitely different. Will def repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2011 1:07:00 PM More reviews by TickTockAlice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This has been my favorite dye for a few years now. I've dyed my hair every shade of red and brown that you can possibly imagine. This particular color has been my go-to shade.
Before my tragic attempt at bleaching my hair on my own last year, I was using this dye every 3 months. Freshly dyed it can be on the dark side (cue 'Star Wars' theme), but after a few shampoo's it loses a bit of that darkness and becomes a great red that has intense staying power and doesnt fade out to an unnatural orange.
My only gripe is that Feria tends to dry out my hair even more, so to manage it requires a lot of really good (i.e. expensive) conditioners. If you wash your hair as infrequent as possible and/or use conditioner only...your color will last a good long time.
All red dye runs like a *bleep* so if you cant deal...you should probably not dye your hair red or use white towels.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2011 10:47:00 PM More reviews by Msgdfx1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am a henna head, but, recently purchased this product to dye my roots when I couldn't get my hands on BAQ henna.

At first, I was really concerned with the results. The color did not look natural. It looked ridiculous and I felt very self-conscious. But, after a few shampoos it settled into a nice, mahogany reddish/brown. Definitely on the deeper side. My hairline looks natural now, but, I don't see any of the highlights that are typically advertised with this product. I would definitely repurchase, however.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2011 4:57:00 PM More reviews by sassygirrrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this color. I work in a hospital, and generally try to keep my look conservative. This time around when I was at the store looking at color, I was in the mood for something with a little "pop" without being to over-the-top. This color was IT! It's a beautiful, rich, shiny dark brown with red undertones.The red only shows up in certain lighting-it's a very fun look! My hair has been thinning (recently diagnosed with hypothyroidism) and just dull and flat. I used this, and it left my hair full, thick, and shiny. My coworkers all loved it, and two asked me the brand and color because they want to go out and try it. The brand says it's not recommended for graying hair, but it covered all of my gray and I'm 50%. I'll definitely use this again, but I'm also thinking of trying the Chocolate Cherry in the Feria line as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2010 4:37:00 AM More reviews by princess101

I honestly can't remember the last time I've used a boxed hair dye as I'd become a salon snob during my 20's. However, with two small children and time being so limited nowadays, I decided to give this stuff a shot.

Application on my long (mid-back) dark black hair required 1.5 bottles of dye and 45 minutes of waiting. I applied a generous amount of dye using a brush and saturated my hair fully to the point where it wasn't dripping, but wet enough to hold together in a bun without any tools or clips. I covered my hair with a shower cap to lessen any mess and hold in heat. After rinsing my hair and applying the conditioner I allowed my hair to air dry for a bit before using a blow dryer. The result was a pretty dark auburn from root to tip. It was much richer in colour in natural lighting and faded slightly after 3 washes, but still vibrant just like my usual salon coloring.

This did not stain my scalp, forehead or neck and gave me no irritation at all. My only complaint was that my hair smelled of strong chemical dye-smell for an entire week, even after washings and even after conditioner. I thought that perhaps I did not rinse out enough initally, but the water ran clear each time I washed and rinsed, but the smell remained.

I will re-purchase this again when my roots begin to show.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2009 6:02:00 PM More reviews by xopooshkinox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I loved the color. I am a natural red head and I like dark red hair. I thought this would be darker. At first it was really pretty but after 2 weeks it faded to a coppery color. :[

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2009 1:27:00 PM More reviews by mmackaniec

I too love this haircolor. It is a rich, dark mahogany red that adds depth and warmth to my naturally dark brown hair. It makes me hair seem to "come alive" with both depth and intensity. The color lasts a long time (if you use the proper shamppo, I use John Freida Radiant Red and it helps make the color seem to last quite a bit longer). Love the color, doesn't irritate my scalp and it smells nice (none of that harse hair color smell like with other brands). I would recommend this color to anyone seeking a nice, rich red brown. Will re-purchase :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2008 More reviews by Monika1982

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this color. It remind me of the color actress Farah Fath from One Life to Live has right know (anyone who watches soaps or OLTL will know what I'm talking about) Personally this shade lasts a really really long time on my hair w/ very little fading (that's may be because I try to only wash my hair twice a week, since it don't get oily/yucky quickly (I have normal/dry hair and I use very little product on my hair). Anyways, I love the shade. It's both subtle ad rich (just like the box title says it will appear) at the same time. I get a lot of compliments on this color. Plus this color leaves my hair super shiny and for about 2 weeks after I color my hair it super thick. Love the color, doesn't wreck my hair, and stays put for a long time. What more could a girl ask for. Will be using this shade for years.