August 21, 2014 | 1888 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Cockney - Euristocrats

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2014 7:28:00 AM More reviews by ninanina

No blue in Cockney! yay! This is a great red...not orange, not brown but no blue in there. I have ventured to the red lippie life and it's impossible to find a great red that doesn't lean toward turning purple on me in about 5 minutes...this one is a keeper. I've always loved Mac's Lustres...they are sheer without being 'gone in a second sheer' this packs a punch but not overwhelming. With a tan it's the perfect red..sophisticated yet a SoHo look to it. I suggest it.Mac's Rhinna is close but has some glitter going on. I'm glad Mac decided to make this permanent!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2014 6:36:00 PM More reviews by AnnaGee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Beautiful, comfortable red. Almost luminous but subtle and soft. A real find.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2013 1:15:00 AM More reviews by tsh82

now im not a red lippy girl. but i wanted something vibrany but not too bold for an everyday lip. i have 2 red lippies from nyx raisin and chaos but theyre like vampy bold reds.
i have nc30 skin and natural plumish lips and i was looking at all the reds and most of them are the highly pigmented ones (meaning bold).
so the ma chose cockney for me. see im not a fan of lustre but for this one shade, it was love at first sight. i agree with the 2 reviewers below me, its a nice vibrant red but not too bold and its almost like a touch of red that you can wear everyday :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2012 5:31:00 AM More reviews by Victoriajane89

This is a great colour, as you can build it up to a darker red or keep it natural with one coat. Looks great on my skin and is good for my dry lips. The colour doesn't last forever but then not many lipsticks do. Will definitely buy again and may have to check out the other colours!
LOVE LOVE LOVE!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2012 8:24:00 PM More reviews by stls

I was given cockney as a present. I thought ''Oh, well, pretty but it's just another red lipstick'' since I don't do red lips often and already have- and LOVE- Ruby Woo.
Boy, was I wrong!
It looks bold and bright neutral to cool red with tiny gold flecks in the tube but on the lips goes on sheer at first.
Looks like melted strawberries- vibrant and juicy!
The gold flecks are not really noticeable, but they contribute to the overall glow. I find the glossy finish very beautiful- it's a good alternative if you don't like the sticky feeling of lip gloss like me. I consider it moisturizing too.
I have to confess I always wanted to be one of those women that wear red lipstick every day but since I'm pale it's too in-your-face in my case. Not any more, though! For me it's the perfect everyday red- noticeable, face- brightening but not over the top.
It's also low maintenance, since it's sheer it's rather forgiving if you don't achieve the perfect application unlike me beloved Ruby Woo who NEEDS perfect exfoliated lips, lip liner and precise application to look decent. I can reapply cockney even without a mirror!
Last but not least, the color is rather buildable, so you can get bold glossy red lips with a few more swipes.
The only reason I can't give 5 lipsticks is cockney -like all lustres- wears off too quickly. But still, worth the trouble.
Love this one- it's so unique!

Edit: Unfortunately I don't think I would repurchase. I loved the result of this lipstick but not the longevity. I found that Dior Addict Extreme in Fireworks gives the same lovely sheer buildable red glossy effect (maybe a tinge warmer, without the flecks) with 5x lasting power. It's more expensive but I think I'll go with this one next time...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2012 10:50:00 PM More reviews by cmars29

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a really pretty red, not to dull and not to bright. It's a great daytime color. It has very tiny flecks of gold but I don't even notice.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2011 9:48:00 AM More reviews by ukarmencb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Beautiful colour, very wearable for daytime. Itīs buildable to your taste and its shade is gorgeous. Iīll buy it again for sure.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2011 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Mandibulo

I absolutely love this lipstick. I am so not a red lipstick person. I'll go for the pin-up look once a year. When I do wear lipstick in general, it's either nude or pale. But this! This is strawberries in a tube. It took me so long to get around to purchasing it because of its "orange undertone" I'd heard everyone talk about. Well I haven't found that to be true. If anything, I find it a rather cool and forgiving red. I've been wearing it every day, two-three swipes, with just concealer and blush. It's so wearable, it doesn't steal the attention from the rest of your features and it livens up the entire face. It looks like my lips are snow-whitey, juicy and youthful. This is a red for those who fear reds. It goes on so sheer but it's also buildable, however it's not the right one for an original retro diva look. This is more like a toy-red, the kind you would allow a young girl to wear out if she wanted to play grown-up. It's mainly my summer red, to go with my tan skin and more laid-back and effortless looks (no lip-liner and other formalities), but it also looks amazing on my pale winter skin. Recommended! Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2011 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Bindi7

I went to the MAC Counter a few weeks ago looking for a red that would suit my olive skin tone (NC37 in studio fix fluid at the moment). This is spot on.. if worn alone it is a deep red on me - but not at all blue or pink - just red - if that makes sense! Also, when worn alone it gives that dramatic effect - perfect for nights out. I like to mix mine with CB96 (coral/orange with gold) which for me gives a wonderful bright coral - red that i prefer for my warm skin tone. I would definitely recommend this to ladies who have tan/olive skin tones who are scared to wear red.. you will love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2011 12:07:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Cockney is a lovely sheer strawberry red, great for summer.

Cockney *is* similar to Ladybug, but not identical. Cockney is a little brighter, a bit less "blue."

Either can tend to go slightly pink on me, but that's just a problem I have with red lipstick.

Cockney is pretty, though, and feels light and moist on the lips. I like it with a bit of Cherry pencil, or maybe a clear liner.

It's true that Cockney doesn't last well, but I more or less expect that from a sheer formula like this.

I'd probably buy Cockney again, but I'm not absolutely sure, since I have so many reds.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No