September 18, 2014 | 1829 users online

Shampoo - Cream of Nature - Detangling Conditioning Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2013 11:04:00 AM More reviews by Kathy123

I am not African American but I am from Middle East and for some reason, the products for African Americans work very well on my hair. My hair is to my waist and I have lots of it. It tangles easily and no shampoo or conditioner has been able to fix the problem. This is a great shampoo. Although I have some tangles, it does a much better job than others. I use a little bit of Feria conditioner after using this and my hair becomes really soft and silky. I recommend this to people with thick sets of hair who hate to deal with their hair tangles.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2012 7:23:00 PM More reviews by amalata

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I did not want to I've this shampoo a fair try after they changed the formula. But I must say, now that I've tried it I like it. My hair is soft and actually feel cleaner than it did with the old formula. It's a keeper for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2010 6:15:00 PM More reviews by slstar

As others have mentioned, this shampoo was GREAT when it was in the white bottle with green lettering and a yellow cap. Then they updated the image and the formula. I could care less about the packaging, but the formula is now STRAIGHT GARBAGE. It left my hair a dry, tangled mess, just like any average shampoo. I couldn't even finish the bottle. I never liked the smell of the original shampoo but tolerated it because it worked so fabulously...not anymore. I would gladly deal with the smell if they would return to the old formula. I am constantly on the search for a shampoo to replace it. :-(

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2010 9:47:00 PM More reviews by FaireMaiden

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well, I just love 'Creme of Nature Professional Detangling and Conditioning' shampoo. It leaves my hair silky-smoothe, thus eliminating my need for a separate conditioner/moisturizer.

I started using this shampoo as a result of a recommendation on MUA's Hair Board... and I was never the same again, *lol*. At the time, my hair was down to my hips... thick, with a lot of body, a slight wave, and a little coarse... also, it was, and is, coloured.

I tried it because of the recommendation, and because it was so cheap. And once I tried it, that was it. I went back to the store and bought all they had on the shelf (5 bottles), and put in an order for another 5 bottles, for I never wanted to be without this shampoo. In total, I bought ten 32oz bottles.

The product is insanely thick, so I cut mine down with water (50/50) in a plastic applicator bottle... and even then, I only use a quarter-sized dollop each time I shampoo.

As stated, my hair was down to my hips and it was just a tangled mess when I washed and conditioned it. After using the 'Creme of Nature' only, (not followed by any conditioner or moisturizer), I could actually use a wide-tooth comb thru my hair in the shower! I've NEVER been able to accomplish that with ANY separate conditioning/moisturizing product, let alone a shampoo!... hence, why I was sold, *vbs*

Now then, I have read the reviews here, and it seems that I'm using the old formula... the bottles I have are 'cream-coloured' with reddish/orange writing on them. It looks like the new formulation comes in an orange bottle now. And I cannot speak to this new formulation, for I haven't tried it. If it really is a new formulation, and does not give the 'slip' like the old formulation, I will be devastated.

As it is, I still have 3 bottles left of my original purchase, so I don't have to worry about it for quite some time... this stuff is so rich, and so concentrated, that it just seems to last forever.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2009 5:58:00 AM More reviews by cnn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The old formula was a holy grail when I was relaxed. It also worked well for my daughters natural hair when she was younger. Then it changed! The new shampoo is an illusion with disastrous results. The smell is awful! It is green and thick. The slip agents in this shampoo gives the illusion of a moisturizing feel but..... your hair and scalp will suffer with continuous use. It builds up very easy. It can cause dandruff that takes weeks to get rid of even with clarifying. After washing, your hair will feel soft. When it dries, you mine as well be in the sahara desert with and old coat on! I would never recommend anyone use this shampoo. It is an awful illusion! If you want slip you would be better off adding some veggi glycerin to your shampoo.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2009 3:15:00 PM More reviews by loverofmineralmakeup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This shampoo has been a mainstay in my hair care regime for almost 3 decades. This is the first shampoo I can remember my mother using on my relaxed hair and I got my first relaxer when I was 8yrs old. This is a very gentle, protein rich, detangling shampoo which lathers well and leaves my hair feeling refreshed and moisturized. I no longer use this shampoo every time I wash my hair (for I have found other shampoos I like better) but I always have a bottle on hand and it is the shampoo I use to wash my hair prior to my next hair appointment b/c it helps my relaxer penetrate the new hair growth better.

If you have relaxed or colored-treated hair this is wonderful shampoo to have on hand.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2009 8:43:00 PM More reviews by Crista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Purchased b/c of my stylist's rec. I love it! Good lather. My relaxed hair feels very clean. When I use in combo w/the Cream of Nature Shampoo, I get good slip. It's a staple between salon visits.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2009 6:21:00 PM More reviews by Northwynd

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted to like this product. It was reasonably priced, and I wanted a gentle shampoo that didn't strip all the moisture out of my hair.

The first thing I noticed about it was that it smelled like medicated dog shampoo. I could put up with that if it worked well, though. I tried it for over a week, but no dice. It left my hair feeling slimy and greasy. Just didn't work for me. I think I hated it enough that I didn't try to give it away to a friend, either. It just went into the garbage.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2008 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Ladyblackwulf

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used this shampoo on and off since HS, I am now 45. My hair is chemically relaxed and this was the one shampoo that gave my hair just the right amount of "slip" 9 out of 10 times i never really needed to use a conditioner and it madd it easier to style my hair.

I then was surprised to see that Allure had this this shampoo listed as a cult favorite, and It was nice to read that the makers of this shampoo swore they would never change the formula, so you can imagine my surprise some time later (about a year or so), to see that they changed not only the bottle but the formula!!! It left my hair dry with a straw like feeling I am not pleased with this and have stopped using it and now hunt for a new shampoo....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2008 4:21:00 PM More reviews by magpiesparkle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I first read about this shampoo in an issue of ALLURE where they talk to people about the products they use that aren't well known. After reading about it, I figured I'd get a bottle and try it out on my somewhat thick, shoulder length hair that I color red every 4 weeks. If it didn't work, I thought, I could always use it on my horses' manes and tails!

Boy, am I glad I tried this shampoo! It only takes a small amount to wash your hair, it doesn't pull the color out of my hair the way some "color safe" shampoos do, and I don't need to use as much conditioner afterwards or as heavy a conditioner to make my hair manageable.

I alternate this with a couple other shampoos but I keep coming back to this. It's quite a bargain too, and seeing how it makes my hair so nice, I just might have to pick up a bottle for my horses!