MAC Tendertone in Sweet N Nice

on 3/23/2010 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

i absolutely adore this lipbalm! It smells Amazing, kinda like the body shop strawberry lipbalms. & the color is really cool dark reddish w gold flecks in it. Its not that sticky and it gives your lips a dark berry tint, kind of like the benetint one but this is less fussy to apply i reckon. However, I do kinda wish it would last a bit longer but oh well can't ask for everything!

Would definitely repurchase! :)

on 2/22/2010 11:42:00 PM

My absolute favourite lip balm! It's not highly pigmented, which is nice as I prefer my balms as close to sheer as possible for days when my makeup is very barely-there. It does have a lovely berry tint which looks gorgeous and natural on the lips. In the pot, it looks more Imperial purple with blue shimmer, but it is much more toned down than that. I do love the smell and texture-- I'm not a big fan of super shiny lips so this is perfect. I'm bummed MAC discontinued these, but will continue to drive an hour out of my way to my CCO and stock up. MAC, please bring these back!

on 12/11/2009 12:43:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is a really lovely tinted lip balm. A little less pigmented than some that I own, but it feels so nice on and makes my lips look quite plump.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

This is very moisturizing and not sticky, it comes in the same kind of jar the Paint Pots come in which makes sense I suppose, same amount of pruduct as any other item sold by Mac and cuts back on more pruduction.This is marketing at its best, the only thing is they dont make them anymore, they have been discontinued.Mac has come out with other lip treatments which are ok but this one was quite exceptional, leave it to Mac to discontinue good ole favorites.

on 4/22/2009 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I almost forgot I had this little treasure and found it in my make up case this morning. I absolutely love this! Keeps my dry lips moisturized and adds just the right amount of color. It has great lasting power as well. This is the only tendertone I own but I definitely plan to purchase a few more.

on 11/7/2008 12:44:00 PM

This is an HG gloss for me. It's not ridiculously, annoyingly sticky, which I find Lip Glass to be. The color is lovely -- just a natural-but-better sheer berry shade. For me, the only downside to these Tendertones is the sweet, fruity scent; I think the SA said it was "strawberry-kiwi." Doubtless this is the sort of thing I would have loved at age 12, but as a grown woman, I can do without the strong smell of fruity candy. Still, it's a great gloss and I will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Oh my, Tendertone! I love you ever so! With you, my lips are so soft and plump with a truly YLBB glow. After much resistance ("I do NOT need another lip balm!!), I had to pick this one up in Sweet N Nice, which I deemed the most pigmented of the bunch. MAC describes it as a red with a red pearl...no. No red at all. This is a rosy berry and is absolutely lovely (Dolce Vita-ish with more berry and no brown?). I picked this up because of the SPF and because it just felt SO GOOD on the lips. I couldn't refuse. The texture is amazing (you have to try it to know what I mean), I love the sheer glow, and I am in LOVE with how absolutely plump and kissable my lips look with this one. I'm addicted to this (really) and I am almost *out* of my little pot (I'm embarassed to tell you how long I've had it). Anyhoo, I am going to stock up at MAC because my lips just don't look (or feel) (or taste) as good un-Tendertoned.

Popular Lip Treatments