August 30, 2014 | 1716 users online

Lipstick - Make Up For Ever - Cherry Red #207

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2008 10:18:00 PM More reviews by gna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've always loved MUFE's lipstick color selection, but found the lipsticks drying. I'm pretty sure they've improved the formula since I last bought one of their lipsticks, but I also use better lip balms these days. The lipsticks used to be a bit less drying than Mac's, which in my book was a bad, bad thing. Now on to the color...First of all, I am not a fan of reds. I've tried lots of them, and I just prefer a natural look. I use red lipstick only when I'm in a weird mood and want to give off an I-don't-care-about-anything-anymore vibe. Since my skin tone is pretty much neutral, leaning just a bit towards warm, the orange-reds which MAs in the U.S. always want to slap on me make me look sallow. When I've tried darker, burgundy reds, the unsightly stain left after a few hours' wear make me look dead. Bright, fire engine reds are simply too much for my baby-face and soft features. MUFE's Cherry Red is just right. I apply clear lip liner, lipstick, and spread the color with my fingers. Although not moisturizing (what lipstick is?) it's not drying either. On me, reds look best when I have no other make up on, as my lips are full, and wearing other colors make me look like an aging Lolita. Very nice color. I will be buying more MUFE lipsticks for everyday wear.