Artdeco All in One Mascara

4.1

on 5/1/2015 7:33:00 PM

Overall, if your lashes are naturally beautiful, it's a great everyday mascara, stays all day (I had the waterproof version), it doesn't smudge, it's clump free, but it makes no miracles. I had too high expectations for this one, I guess. To me it was just like a regular mascara that I could get for a better price.

on 4/5/2015 12:43:00 PM

I just bought this mascara first of all because it was on discount and second because I do like Artdeco's colour lip shine lipsticks, they are adorable. So I thought that this mascara will be great too, but no. After the first coat, I couldn't notice any difference, it was like I'm not wearing any (this only happens when I buy really cheap mascara, and this one ain't cheap at all). Then I applied a second coat, a bit better, and I had to go and apply a third/fourth coat since I wasn't seeing the magic results I expected. After the second and third coat it smudges, it feels heavy on my eyes and this is why I can't wear it as an everyday mascara.
I do have naturally long lashes but I wasn't seeing the lenght and volume effect I wanted out of this mascara. But I do like the brush and the smell, it' smells like a nice face foundation, and it stays on your eyelashes all day :)
All in all this is the first and last time I am buying this mascara since I didn't see the results I was expecting.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I own this mascara in color 05 (blue). It's a very nice dark blue, but not blue-blue, it's maybe a blue with a little grey (you can see it on my uploaded photo [sorry for the low quality]). I really like the lash separation and extension, although it's not extremely long. I cover it always with a waterproof topcoat, so I am not sure about it's consistency.

on 3/26/2014 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I have to distinguish between the real quality of the product and my specific (too high here:) expectation.
Its an excellent everyday mascara, does not irritate my sensitive eyes, does not feel heavy, can define the lashes and does not crumble or smudge, stays all day.

The thing is I bought it for USD 20 and somehow expected some kind of special effect, based on the rave reviews, hoping for sparing some euro compared with my favourite MUFE smoky lash:).
I have blond short lashes, with no great volume.
I appreciated a lot the formula in the means that it really stayed for 12 hrs, with no irritation, crumbling, etc.
However, I was not totally happy with the fact that it seems to be a tad thin, that combined with a stiff brush means that it does not create visibly thicker lashes and more dramatic look (on my lashes "dramatic" means you can see them :))).

So I will use it but then return to my MUFE. If you do not need to add extra volume and lenght, this is a fantastic everyday mascara.

on 12/24/2013 6:36:00 PM

this is my go to mascara, i love it and allways will, it gives length and volume and DOES NOT SMUDGE, NEVER on me:) so holy grail product for me, lancome, mac, dior and l'oreal smudge on my bottom lashes.

on 12/10/2013 2:06:00 PM

I bought this based on the good MUA rating when looking for an affordable brown non-waterproof mascara for everyday wear. (I loved Lumene Blueberry Curl that's been discontinued in brown, so that is my point of comparison.)

It covers really well, defines each lash and doesn't clump,doesn't irritate my eyes and I'm quite happy with how the results look. I don't like too much volume and only ever use one layer, but it seems you could work up volume with adding more layers. Another thing worth pointing out, could be both a plus and a minus, it is extremely easy to remove, it basically washes off in the shower - but I would therefore not recommend wearing this in wet weather.

The only downside that keeps it from getting full 5 lippys from me, I've noticed it starts to flake slightly after several hours.

on 6/4/2013 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just bought a waterproof version of this - my main motive was to curl the lashes and give them volume... After one layer I started laughing out loud, that's how I liked the result! :D... I was able to curl them (and the curl is still fixed after 3 layers).. However! There is no real volume, at least not in the way that mascara would add to the thickness of eyelashes (their thickness is more or less natural). But compared to any other mascara I've ever tried, none gave my lashes this density ... it's like there's millions of lashes, not just a couple. (Just for the info, I have very long, but quite thin lashes and there's quite a lot of them)
The mascara gives quite a natural look, so maybe it's not for those who want their eylashes really thick and super black.

Oh, and for those of you who were looking for a mascara that doesn't weigh down the lashes and dries super fast (when applied) - this is it! I've got 3 layers on me now and I don't feel like I'm even wearing any makeup, it's that light (I guess that's the reason it holds the curl so well).

Also, when you try it for the first time, it's already perfect to use... no excessive wetness, no need for wipping the brush into the tissue...

It's got its' negative side also, though ... after 3 layers little speckles started to fall down my cheeks, which I didn't really like. Those speckles are also holding to the ends of lashes, so I had to comb them out. But lashes are still separated nicely and the curl is so big that it touches my eyebrows (they're not that high up on my forehead :P) lol.

on 4/2/2013 5:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

It's a good product:
- doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes
- doesn't flake
- easy to remove
- doen't really lump
- pretty nice brush
- a good deep black
- gives good length
- separates lashes
It doesn't really give me crazy volume, it may smudge if you touch your eyes, the brush is good but not my favourite, but, to me, this is a good all-around mascara. Would give it 4.5 if I could. Some people may be annoyed about this having a smell though... it smells like Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua X) I'm feeling quite weird every time it put the mascara on because it smells like a foundation to me, although, ideally, none of them should have perfume in them

on 8/6/2012 10:12:00 AM

I got this from my mom so i dunno how much it costs for that matter i dunno if i would buy it again but it is an amazing mascara!! it doesnt clump or flake and it just makes my (already long lashes) look beautiful!

I got a trial size of this and liked the brush and the clump-free formula so much that I just purchased the full size. It is easy to apply and a very natural-looking everyday mascara, volume is buildable, for length or very dramatic looks others might work better.

Top Rated Artdeco Products