Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder - Translucent

Translucent: Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Nylon-12, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Methicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499.

on 5/17/2015 4:52:00 PM

You get what you pay for, and I must say this powder is worth every penny! I absolutely love it I use it under my eyes to set my concealer, on my nose & forehead & it helped me stay matte. I will repurchase it again(:

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I never write reviews but honestly I don't understand what all the hype is around this product it performs like a basic powder it is heavy feeling on the skin. I was trying to convince my self that it was a good product but honestly it is not.. I have acne prone skin and this product clogged a lot of pores within a couple uses. Nothing in my routine changed but that product once I stopped, I stopped breaking out .. Returned it a week later, if you have acne prone skin this may not be for you , maybe it will be good for you but I'm just not a fan of clogged pores all over my face

on 3/5/2015 12:59:00 AM

LOVE IT! I get very oily after around 4-5 hours on my forehead and the sides of my nose. I always have to redo my powder or try and blot with blotting papers. And if I forget it's always horrible cause the slight oil in those 2 areas really draws the eye when reflecting in the light.

Therefore I was very anxious about buying a loose product rather than pressed since it wasn't handbag portable. With my LM powder, I do a light brushing with my Real Techniques Powder brush in the morning and also use a smaller brush (Real Technique Setting brush) to make sure there's powder around my nose. And that's. It. Amazing. I come home after 9 hours and my problem areas are the tiny tiniest bitt oily but possibly the exact same as this morning. Definitely not something I'd even blot!! I still carry my old pressed powder in my handbag but I haven't had to use it yet so eventually I'm sure I'll stop feeling the need to carry it.

And 100% transparent. Definitely will repurchase - HG product.

on 1/14/2015 3:54:00 PM

I have had this product for a very long time. One of my very first "high end" purchases. One of the girls at sephora suggested it and I purchased it without doing any research of my own. I got home and my first instinct was to out it all over my face. Which of course was a mistake. This was way back when I hadn't discovered the importance of filled in eyebrows lol. It sat in the dark depths of my makeup drawers for quite sometime until one day I decided to give it another shot. After many hours of watching YouTube tuturials I was ready to give in another shot. Now I only use it for setting my under eye concealer which works perfectly. No creasing occurs if I time the application of this perfectly. The reason why I wouldn't repurchase this is because I really want to try a different setting powder and I'm trying really hard to hold off on purchasing another one until I have finished this one.

on 1/11/2015 12:27:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I love this setting powder, both for its natural finish and its oil controlling abilities. It has more of a satin finish than a truly matte one, so it looks like skin. As long as I don't overdo it with the powder, I don't get flashback in pictures. It's very finely milled, but may seem a bit "thicker" than other silica based HD powders that are popular right now. Don't be fooled, this powder is equally as invisible on the skin, and even better at oil control in my experience. I've had success using it under foundation, over foundation, to set undereye concealer, as a base over eye primer, to mattify lipsticks, and even just applying it on my bare face to take down a bit of my shine on no-makeup days. My skin is dehydrated, which means it's dry and often flaky on the surface, but I still have a ton of oil. This keeps my shine at bay all day, with minimal touch ups.

The pot is huge, and even with near daily use I have barely made a dent in it over the past year. A little truly does go a long way. I find that the sifter holes are the perfect size for easily dispensing the right amount of product without a ton of it flying out and being wasted. If you want a satin skin-like finish (not too matte, but definitely not dewy) that LASTS, look no further.

on 12/8/2014 1:01:00 PM

The product is great. It's oil-control, gives silky matte finish and is long lasting. I've been using countless jars of this for the past 7 years in alternative with Nars light reflecting setting powder.

I took one lippy of because the quality of the packaging is so poor. All of which i had used broke at the rim. I don't understand why LM never fix this prob.

on 10/21/2014 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is my holy grail setting powder! It looks amazing. My favourite thing about this powder is that it seems to have a blurring effect on blemishes. Even though it's translucent, I use it on my bare skin and it makes me look like I'm glowing. I love the way it feels on your skin too, it's so fine and you can't even tell it's there. I recently lost it, and it made me so upset, but I'm definitely going to repurchase!

on 9/22/2014 4:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I have very oily skin and this leaves a natural, matte finish, but after using it for about a week or so, I was so disappointed that it broke me out. It also contains ethylhexel palmitate, which is known to cause acne.. Switched to "It Cosmetics" Bye Bye Pores translucent setting powder which is amazing!

on 9/16/2014 9:10:00 PM

I wanted to love this. I really did. The powder breaks me out and makes me sneeze. The packaging is nice and her powder puffs are great, but the product did not work for me.

on 9/16/2014 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love this powder it's amazing,I'm considered NC 43 and this works beautifully on me,sets my foundation with no color changes,I only set my liquid foundation with this, it's truly something special