April 17, 2014 | 987 users online

Loose Powders - Laura Mercier - Loose Setting Powder - Translucent

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2014 10:24:00 PM More reviews by mskittynoir

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Sorry guys, this caused nasty breakouts for me. I tried over and over again hoping it was hormonal or another product. But today I stopped using it, and my skin is clearing up already and it hasn't even been 24 hours yet. Almost like it suffocated my skin, also it contains pore clogging ingredients, including cornstarch, can't imagine skin would like that. Soo if this doesn't make your skin get lil bumps on your cheeks, upper cheek under your eyes, then it's awesome, but I wouldn't know how this doesn't clog people's skin up. If your sensitive at all...I would STAY AWAY!!!!! Color is great though, finely miled, looked dewy and melted in skin, not matte.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 8:20:00 PM More reviews by mirameia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm so excited abt this product, I logged in first thing in the morning to want to write a review on this. This finishes everything I put so beautifully, even BB creams or liquid foundations that I thought were too oily and sticky for me, I tried to set them with this loose powder and voila, miracle happens, my face wasn't too oily or sticky anymore as it gives a nice soft, powdery finish. What's even more amazing is that it controls oil and even after a day out, my skin still remains non-oily/non-shiny. I would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2014 4:14:00 PM More reviews by scs2dd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Price: 3 (there's a lot in there)
Packaging: 2
Buy again: no

This is an okay powder. I have slightly dry skin so I have to make sure to moisturize well or else it brings out flakes on my nose. I'm nc15-20 and I wish the powder appeared slightly more translucent as it manages to cover most of my freckles in one pass. While the finish is matte/dusty even with a thin layer when first applied (not a fan), I think it actually looks really lovely a few hours in after it's mixed with my natural oils (I feel like I need to reapply after 5 hours); at this point my skin looks even, fresh and dewy. However I'm not sure I'd buy it again just for that.
On the packaging: there are loose powder containers that make much less mess than this-- the holes are too large and too many, causing an avalanche of powder to collect in the lid so that I must shake it slightly before opening to ensure the drift has moved away from the lip of the tub. I can't imagine taking this bulky tub out with me and trying to reapply a public bathroom.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 11:37:00 AM More reviews by pantomorphic

A friend gave a sample size of this product and i fell in love. it is no doubt the finest loose powder out there and provides an amazing finish. this is a holy grail product. I love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by 8ar8ie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this but it contains Ethylhexyl Palmitate and Zea Mays which are both pore clogging ingredients. And it did it's job. It definitely clogged my pores. As soon as I stopped using this, my face cleared up.

I wouldn't recommend this to anyone who has acne prone skin.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2013 8:38:00 AM More reviews by FelisCatus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have been using it for years and it never lets me down.After applying it on liquid powder,skin looks smooth and natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 8:44:00 PM More reviews by Laurennnuhhh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used this for the first time yesterday due to the fact that I'm out of my HG powder which is Maybelline's Dream Matte powder. I live in a really small town and the closest place to buy it is about a 30 minute drive from here and it's really out of the way. I ordered it in bulk and now I am just waiting it to arrive in the mail. I asked my mom if she had a powder I could use in the mean time and she gave me this out of the stuff she really doesn't use. I was kind of skeptical at first because I have really oily, dry, and acne-prone skin. I was worried it would make me really oily unlike Dream Matte which totally shuts down my oil production for the day which I LOVE. I have very pale skin so it's hard to find a powder that actually doesn't make my face look darker than my body but this was PERFECT. I loved it as soon as I put it on! My face felt so soft and it really set my foundation and made my face matte without looking cakey. I didn't get very oily through the day/night but everyone gets a little oily during the day. I actually noticed this made my eye makeup look a TON better too! It also made my eyeshadow crease less, how surprising! I really like this stuff! I will repurchase if I can! <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2013 7:55:00 AM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this setting powder. I have used it with all my liquid foundation and this makes my skin look flawless. It is quite expensive but lasts a long time. I am very impressed and would definitely purchase this again. Does a pretty good job with my oily skin. I only have to blot around lunchtime. I generally apply my makeup around 7:10 a.m. So that is a decent amount of time.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2013 5:04:00 AM More reviews by dolling1dlarry

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Quite expensive but worth it! The powder is very thin and fine, and I love how it's translucent. My makeup lasts for a whole day after using this! Also, although it's expensive, it lasts for quite long so I'll repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 6:18:00 PM More reviews by AUSSIEMUMMA

A little on the pricey side but a beautiful fine powder which gives a flawless finish to my skin. Totally undetectable (even on my 'peach fuzz') Recommended!