April 17, 2014 | 1017 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Arbonne - Virtual Illusion Makeup Primer ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2013 5:06:00 AM More reviews by keg123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2012 12:44:00 AM More reviews by MyGlamWonderland

I have never felt my face feel so silky and beautiful. The minute I put just the tiniest amount on my face it was like heaven. This stuff is truly amazing and all natural! We're paying the same price for department store crap that uses parabens, mineral oils and other age attributing garbage! 500 products banned in Europe vs. the mere 100 in the US. Look up mineral oil and it's age causing effects and it's in EVERYTHING we put on our bodies because it's cheaper to put in products than to properly dispose of! Now that's sad and SICK. Check out Arbonne's RE9 anti aging line..simply amazing!
    www.arbonne.com
    ID#12844913

I will never go back to US based skincare again!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2012 3:23:00 PM More reviews by Narustar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I would definitely repurchase this again. Why? Because it makes my skin feel SO smooth and it helps mattify my face. My face literally feels like velvet when I put this on before my foundation routine. It helps my concealer and foundation stay in place too which is a plus. I've used different primers before but they all felt so thick and unnatural on me. Like I could just feel it on my face. But with this, it evens out my facial textures wonderfully and feels lightweight. I like the packaging - it's sleek and the fact that it's a pump makes it all the more convenient. I'll never look at another primer again. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2012 2:56:00 PM More reviews by 417vsj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product!!! It really transforms my skin from not-impressive to super-smooth in just one pump. My makeup runs a lot easier, last a little longer, and I actually use less amount of foundation when I use this primer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 11:14:00 AM More reviews by Bindi7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

OMG - This is totally amazing!!!!!

I can't tell you how glad i am that i listened to all the great reviews, not only here on MUA, but also some other review sites.

This product is the bomb. Seriously this is going to change my life. If you have oily skin and have to blot your face after about 4 hours then you will understand! I put this on at 7am and it is now 4pm and i have not had to blot my face! This is a first for me in all my years of wearing make up and i am 30 years old! That's what i mean about life changing!! It creates the most beautiful canvas for applying foundation - i use it with MAC studio fix and the result is wonderful. Great coverage, true colour, no streaking or caking, no flakiness or dry patches and just flawless. The only other times my make up has looked like this is when i have had it professionally applied - seriously this stuff is that good.

I have tried a lot of primers (clinique, clarins, MAC, Body shop, Avon, Benefit, YSL, Smashbox, Boots No7, L'Oreal, Prescriptives.. the list goes on...) and this is by far the best. It is the only primer that actually works with MAC studio fix foundation - the rest leave me a bit cakey or looking a bit unnatural.

I don't know how have i ever lived without this product! All the brilliant reviews are completely correct. Go and buy this - you will never want to use another primer again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2012 9:23:00 AM More reviews by lollsazz

UPDATE 22 Sep. 2013:
    I was done with one bottle of this a month ago and was first thinking about throwing out the bottle because nothing came out when I pumped it, but decided to try to open the bottle again (which I had previously tried to do without success). You basically just need to push the top part off to one side and unscrew the white container the product is in. In there I found quite a lot of product left. Only today I manged to find a little container I could transfer the product too (used a q-tip), and what do you think? There was enough primer left to last at least for 10 face application (or 10 pumps, in other words) or several months of use if you only use this on the eye area! I'm taking one lippie off for he packaging because there was, obviously, a lot of product left that couldn't be pumped out.
    END OF UPDATE.
    I bought this primer because I have a lot of foundations that I used before, when my skin was oily. Now my skin is dry and sensitive, and I didn't want to throw out my foundations. I bought this because of the high ratings here.
    I have never before found a primer that I like, but this is actually really good for the purpose I bought it for. I must say: this does NOT WORK with my moisturising foundations - they will stripe, slip and n-e-v-e-r dry. BUT: with oil free foundations that are mattifying and long lasting this is great! Examples are: Double Wear from Estee Lauder, Revlon Colorstay, Guerlain Parure, MAC Pro Longwear, Clarins Everlasting Foudation, Shiseido Sun Protection Liquid Foundation - all of these foundations are for oily skin, but if you have normal or dry skin and this primer, you can wear them too!
    My skin is dry and sensitive. NO foundations for oily skin would look good on me, even with a ton of moisturizer - when the moisturizer sunk in and/or evaporated during the day, the foundation made my skin look dry or the foundation began breaking up. But not with this! Why I want to wear foundations for oily skin? Because these foundation often have awesome staying power, which is reeeally important to me. This primer makes the foundations look so smooth, perfect and...unnoticeable! Before this primer Double Wear looked horrible on me: very obvious, dried my skin out and made my face look very flat. Now it looks natural, dewey (yes! So if you don't like dewey, this may not be for you) and doesn't dry my skin out AT ALL! If you want to use long lasting concealer under your eyes, but find that they dry that area out, you might want to try this. Just check that the concealer is oil free. Examples of such concealers are MAC's Pro Longwear Concealer and Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer (contains volatile oils, so they won't stay on the skin for long), but there are many other out on the market too.
    My routine: wash face, moisturize, wait for moisturizer to sink in, apply under eye concealer, then this primer (I do not apply to eye area because my concealer doesn't work with it, just as moisturizing foundations don't), Wait for primer to set a little bit. Apply foundation with a sponge. I know this wastes more product than brush or fingers, but I prefer this method for thicker foundations because it's easier to achieve an even look this way. This primer also makes me use less foundation :)
    BTW: this is the type of slippery silicony primer, not the sticky type. I find it quite interesting as it actually works well for both drier and more oily skin types. It definitely doesn't dehydrate my skin, but it actually has some oil control too - that's really awesome!
    Would I recommend this? If you have thick foundations, that are oil free, they will apply well over this, but thin foundations and foundations containing oil may streak with this under or take a long time to dry. If you want to prevent foundations from breaking up on your skin during the day - try this. I'm not sure I will buy this again - I still hope my skin will get better and I won't have to wear thick foundations.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2012 1:33:00 AM More reviews by MrsCB86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this primer! I don't own it because I only wear blush and not really foundation so I didn't think it would really be worth it for me, but my friend let me use hers once. It goes on easily and it dries sooooo soft and velvety. It's actually almost worth wearing alone with out make up over it because of how it makes your skin feel. It did make my blush pop and it seemed like I didn't have to use as much to get the desired effect. I tried it on my eyelids and it really didn't do much as an eyeshadow primer...but I don't think it's really meant for that. I would definitely buy it if I wore foundation more.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2012 4:19:00 AM More reviews by mtonn

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This primer is the bomb! Don't use too much or you can get little pillings. Begin with only one pump. But is is so much better than any primer I have ever used, so I stopped using them until I found this one. It makes my makeup so flawless I feel as if I have been photoshopped and worry I look too perfect!! (and I am 57!). How crazy is that?

I have REALLY sensitive skin and have rosacea, and I have found that Arbonne products typically really work well for me. As does Illuminare liquid mineral make-up. But I can use this primer and put on La Prairie foundation for a different look and not break out. I seriously break out within hours with most make-up, even the most high end ones ostensibly made specifically for sensitive skin.

I pay a consultant fee each year so I can buy Arbonne at a discount, and I buy this, the cleanser (fabulous!), and the tinted moiisturizer, which is great. I used to buy the RE line, but I think that they upped the citrus acid in it too much, so it irritates my skin now when it didn't before. Arbonne's sugar scrubs and so on are also really sweet.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by MistyAnn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This must be the older version of the primer. The new one is in a black bottle. I LOVE this primer! It's clear and glides on smooth, making my skin feel like silk! It also makes my foundation look better. The only thing I hate is that it is kinda pricey and you only get 1 ounce. A little goes a long way though. I also hate that you have no way of knowing how much you have left after each use because of the packaging...so you kinda have to go by how often you use it and how much you use to determine if you need to order more. Overall I still love it and think it's better than any primer out there!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2011 5:00:00 AM More reviews by lifeinspiration

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have pretty dry skin, and most primers seem to enhance the flakies (even with moisturizer), but not this! My mom bought this for me to try, and I have been very impressed with it so far. It makes my skin look smooth and even, and dries pretty quickly. My only dislike is the packaging, but even that can't stop me from giving it 5 stars!