October 1, 2014 | 1943 users online

Self Tanners - Garnier - Ambre Solaire No Streaks Bronzer Dry Body Mist

rated 1 of 5 on 4/13/2014 6:21:00 AM More reviews by Lucee1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the worst tan I have ever had the misfortune to use. 'No streaks' is the understatement of the year and as for the application, it is embarrassing. I would not recommend this product to anyone but in fact I would recommend not buying it. I'm off to a wedding today and have put it on this morning and I don't want to begin describing what I look like. Buy this product if your going for the 'I've just rolled in mud' look. I won't be purchasing garnier products again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2013 9:58:00 AM More reviews by BeautyTherapstLife

I'm a Beauty Therapist and I do a lot of spray tans...but it's hards to spray tan yourself with a spray gun so I use this tan! It is such a great price and I normally get two or three tans out of it (I use the intense one as I like my tans dark) which is a great amount for I think I only paid $12 for it! It is a great tan that generally doesn't streak and comes out a nice golden colour :) very happy with it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2013 3:27:00 PM More reviews by noodles96

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The colour of this tan is lovely after about 2 applications! Lovely bronze colour, not too orange. The only downside is the morning after it has that typical biscuit smell most fake tans have. Definately will be rebuying!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2013 7:26:00 AM More reviews by kera587

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I mostly use the Fake Bake range but I love using this dry mist when I need a top-up over my base tan. I like how quickly this dries & I've not experienced that biscuity fake tan smell. I find that having a base tan helps avoid any streaking but also make sure you spray from a fair distance away from your skin. I also tend to dab with a tanning mitt if I feel the spray is "pooling" on certain areas.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2013 7:25:00 AM More reviews by angekronaus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in the Light Glow version.
Application is easier if you spray randomly rather than try to get it done by doing lines.
It has quite a wide spray area so beware of things around you when you spray as it may stain towel, walls etc.
Initially it has a lovely fresh peachy smell but this fades & then you smell the self-tanner smell that everyone dreads.
To me, this does not qualify as a great self-tanner, but for your legs to ease into summer, its ok.
Would not repurchase because of the smell though but love that the sprayer works at any angle, including upside down.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2012 5:18:00 PM More reviews by ItalianBerry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product was extremely streaky for me because there is no colour guide with the spray. Definitely not for novices, and hard for an expert to get no streaks around the tougher areas (feet, hands).

It definitely did it's job in providing a tan (which most tanners don't ironically enough - I'm not looking for a "glow", I'm looking for a tan. If I want a glow, I'd just use a shimmery bronze lotion). The colour was nice, bordering sliiiightly on orange and definitely not for the paler fake tanners.

As it was a spray, this made it easier to apply (especially for the back) but definitely not worth it considering there's no colour guide. I ended up purchasing the gel version from Garnier No-Streaks range which doesn't streak at all because it has a colour guide but wasn't dark enough for my liking - however, it was much better than this.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2012 9:37:00 AM More reviews by kate01704

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have really pale fair skin and have freckles just on my face so i have trouble finding a tan that will actually tan me! And also that will blend in with my make up as i hate my freckles. Still yet to find one as i found this one leaves a really yellowy colour and im looking for a tan that develops to a more of an olive tan. Ive found this to be quite drying to the skin after about a week (but then again my skin is very dry anyway!) it does smell lovely though and great that it works upside down!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2012 7:48:00 AM More reviews by gemmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Having pale skin, dark hair and always wearing black clothes (in an attempt to hide my massive belly) I am reguarly likened to a goth! I envied my friends all year tan but never had the money, expertise or patience to achieve that tanned look. Anyway, we had a special trip to the races planned, to which I had to waer a dress so I gave this a go and I was so glad that I did.

~So, how am I going to look sunkissed and beautiful?~
I got mine from Morissons, I think it was around 6 for 150ml and I bought the medium one and am very impressed with the results. You can easily apply this product by holding the can around 30-40 cm away from the skin and spraying in an even motion up and down to ensure that you are getting an even coverage but when using in my face, I tend to hold a little further away but not in any particular pattern but rather how you would when putting hairspray on your hair. It may seem risky doing it like this but I find that this has the best streak free results.
The mist dries really quickly and doesnt leave your skin feeling sticky or heavy.
Your beautifully summery skin will start to show signs of tanning after about 3 hours , and it really does look natural and sun-kissed.

~Anything else going for it?~
Another good feature is that you can still spray the can from different angles, including upside down so no excuse for white marks. One place I always forget to do are the insides of my arms which is very embarressing if you realise when you are out.

The bronzer is enhanced with apricot extract which leaves a lovely smell behind, well I think its lovely but my hubby says it smells like furniture polish! Each to their own....
~How you can get sunkissed too~

Garnier Ambre Solaire products are very popular and can be purchased from most Supermarkets and Beauty shops and are easily identified by the Garnier sign whereby the GA is sat within a green circle with a leaf in the background.
This cannister is a golden shimmery metal in keeping with the product type and depicts an apricot (referring to the apricot extracts)
Garnier products are also available at discounted prices online.
!Caution! This does not protect you from UV light!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2012 6:13:00 PM More reviews by josiedoolan1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Worst self tanner I have ever used. Very streaky. Difficult to get even coverage. I couldn't get it off so I was left with patches and streaks everywhere and looking like I have some sort of skin disorder. I will never buy this product again....

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2011 3:41:00 PM More reviews by gingery

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Adding to the positive reviews. This is my HG right now. Admittedly I don't get dark with this, but it's a completely fuss-free way to get a light tan. Usually no matter how careful I am, my lower legs are prone to streaking, but not with this and fades perfectly. I do give a very quick blend with a self-tanning mitt, though it's probably not necessary. It dries literally in a minute and the spray means I never get orange palms or stained fingernails. Smell isn't offensive either. Only think that would improve upon it is if they had a version that would give me a deeper tan for summer (I'm quite fair, but the medium doesn't make me particularly dark.)