September 30, 2014 | 951 users online

Other - Bath and Body Works - Slatkin & Co. Scentportable (all)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2014 4:34:00 AM More reviews by crystalradium

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

These make the perfect drawer/linen closet sachets, because in a small, enclosed space, they last literally years. The holders come in some darn cute designs, too - I have the cupcake and the penguin in a red bowtie, and have to stop myself from buying a new one every season just because there's always something new and totally presh.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by spacecowgirlredux

I have an antique wooden dresser that leaves a musty wood smell in my lingerie. Not pleasant. I bought the ridiculously cute cupcake-shaped Scentportable and a few different refill scents to put in my bottom drawer. It does the job just great - now I don't smell anything but lavender when I pull a nightshirt over my head, and even when that scent eventually fades, there's no musty wood smell. My only gripe is that it's hard to fit the refill into the holder (it doesn't seat firmly), especially since you're not supposed to touch the membrane. Also, I wish there were more scents. ETA: I wrote this review at the beginning of April 2013 after using my Scentportable for about a week. It's now early August 2013, and it's barely diminished in strength at all. That's over 4 months!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2012 10:57:00 AM More reviews by Meganbass17

I love it I got every scent available and I love them all

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2009 7:26:00 PM More reviews by lillyntally

This is a good product, but you have to spray a good amount to fill a room. So far I have tried Creamy Nutmeg (not a good smell, made daughter gag), Pineapple Mango (fakish smell but pleasant) and Passionfruit Guava (perfect!!) The scent doesnt last long if sprayed in a larger room (seems to fade in 30 minutes or so) but would be a perfect for your car. I would repurchase if on sale. It is nice because it is so small and the packaging is cute. I payed $3 for each on some sort of Christmas sale. Looking forward to trying different scents....

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2008 5:10:00 PM More reviews by BlissLemonAndSage

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this in Vanilla Coconut from BBW for $5 during the semi annual sale. I believe, however, that they will be $5 even after the sale, because I saw them on their website long before the sale and that was the price then. In general I love the Vanilla Coconut smell from BBW...I have it in a candle and also in a wallflower. The scent is mild yet refreshing, smelling like what I would imagine a day on the beach in Hawaii to smell like. I have heard complaints that the smell is too faint, and that it does not sufficiently fill an area, and I have not encountered this problem. It may be that the Vanilla Coconut is just a mild natured smell to begin with. If you are expecting a harsh cloying smell, this is not the product for you...it is just enough scent to make your car pleasant, but not so much that it draws any attention to itself. They are supposed to last for 4-6 weeks, and since I just purchased mine today, I cannot attest to the truth behind this statement, but I will update in a few weeks.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2008 10:54:00 PM More reviews by suggrr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought three different Slatkin & Co. Scentportables at Bath and Body Works for US$5 each during the Semi-Annual Sale and I don't know that they're available at any other store. I've tried one so far- Pineapple Mango- but the other scents are Fresh Linen, Vanilla Coconut, and Cinnamon & Clove Buds. I didn't smell too much mango coming from this Scentportable, but there was plenty of sweet, fake, candy-like pineapple coming from it. It was especially strong the first week, even though the weather was very hot and humid. I open the windows for a few minutes after I start the car to get all the hot air out, and when I'd shut the windows, I could still smell the Scentportable. I'd say this really only lasted maybe three weeks, though. If you're having important guests in your car and need a scent, I'd start using this a week before they were going to be in your car because it can be strongly fragranced at first. And I'd find some place to clip it where your guests couldn't see it, because...

The first thing you need to know about these Scentportables is that they come in a hideous round white plastic container. The only thing that gives them step above the regular scent disks you peel and stick in stinky areas would be the quality of the plastic, the fact that the top is slightly open to you can see the gel, and the clip on the back. But it's still pretty unattractive. At least the clip isn't so strong that it left heavy lines on my car's visor. You could lay the Scentportable flat on the back of the clip and it won't move much, which is good if you're putting it in an area where you can't clip it to something.

To use a Scentportable, you pry off the top cover (not too difficult), peel off the seal on the gel scent disk, the put the cover back on. That's it. They aren't refillable, and you throw them away when you're done. They aren't very environmentally friendly. I still see some gel after the scent wore off, too, so don't expect that you'll need to pitch it only after the gel dries up. I wouldn't repurchase the Pineapple Mango scent, but I'm hoping Vanilla Coconut and Cinnamon & Clove Buds will smell better.

ETA: Cinnamon & Clove Buds is TERRIBLE! It smells like the residual cloud left over in the air after a bunch of Black Cat fireworks are set off. My husband didn't agree that it smells like gunpowder (he's the fireworks expert in this household) but he was also unimpressed with this Scentportable. Thankfully it didn't have much sillage, so you could barely smell it unless you sniffed close to the Scentportable itself, but this particular fragrance was a DEFINITE DUD. I wouldn't purchase it again because I can barely smell it, and because the scent itself is awful in my opinion.