Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo

4.6

on 5/22/2015 10:37:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I received a sample of this in completely the wrong shade (Brunette/dark brown; I'm a natural redhead and use Caramel.), but out of curiosity on how the product itself worked I decided to give it a shot. I ended up using up the entire sample and mixing it with my Tarte Amazonian Clay Volumizing Brow & Hair Powder, which is a little bit too light. I was a little nervous about using this product because I consider myself to be a brow novice. I previously have tried and used up my entire Brow Whiz. I am not impressed with my current Tarte powder (although I love the brush that I purchased with it-Frame Worker Double-Ended Bamboo Brow Powder Brush), hence why I'm leaning back toward ABH again. I found this to be smooth and very easy to use and blend, especially with the aforementioned brush. I did also hang onto my spoolie from my empty Brow Whiz pen and like the way this performs as well. I love ABH's color selection, as it is rare and at times frustrating as a redhead to be excluded from the color spectrum with many brands. I absolutely love how natural this product looks, which is very important to me especially considering my hair color. I was nervous about have the crazy melted cartoon eyebrows look the gurus tend to sport these days. I suppose any makeup can be misused and exploited for the sake of Instagram filters. (Read: bronzers/contouring powders) I find ABH as a brand is actually quite versatile and user friendly for us novice eyebrow people AND Instabrow people. Definitely give this product a shot if you're a fan of Brow Whiz!

on 5/19/2015 7:03:00 PM

I have black/brown hair and I got this in dark brown but I think the medium would've worked better. This product is really good, when I was using the nyc powder duo and switch to this I could tell the difference. This was more pigmented, blendable, and not as warm tone. But for the price I can't jusitify buying it so I am going to try the nyx one which looks to be similar shade to this. I also just hit pan on the lighter shade and this has lasted me a year. The darker side is still full. Overall, good product but I'm going to look for a cheaper alternative.

on 4/27/2015 12:49:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I bought this in caramel, was a bit worried because it said for redheads- strawberry blonde, but my hair is true caramel and its perfect for me, not too red at all, the lighter side is more bronze and the darker is a light/ warm brown.

Because itís a duo you have the option to blend the two shades, or use them separately. By the look of the packaging/ size of the product itís not gonna last very long but for £15 I wonít lose sleep over it.
The packaging is quite pretty too- small, round, black compact with the ABH logo in gold.

I tried this just on its own first and the staying power is really good for a powder, but it wasnít defined enough that way for me, so I use it over the dipbrow pomade to set & enhance it. If your brows are quite well shaped/ defined anyway and youíre just looking to add a bit of colour/ density then this would be perfect.

*TIP use the darker shade along the bottom of the brow line and the tail end to define, then the lighter shade/ both blended for the inner corner and body, this makes them look more HD and prevents the colour looking too block.
Xx

on 4/27/2015 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I originally bought this duo powder set back in 2010 in the ebony shade I believe and I still have it and use it. The product comes in two brown colors. I have used up most of the lighter brown shade but still use the darker shade since my hair is dark and I think I know how to use it better. You are suppose to use the lighter shade for the fine ends of the brows and the darker shade for the arch. I find the powder lasts all day and is easy to apply with the angled brush and and spooly wand. I personally think powder looks the most natural of all the brow products (gel, pencil, powder) but only if you already have eyebrow hair.

I wear my brows natural but use the powder to fill in the gaps. It's easier to apply and blend when I apply the NYX brow wax to my brows first. This way the powder has something to adhere to.

on 4/10/2015 8:10:00 PM

I've been using this for at least 6 months, still using my first container, and wow is it amazing! I apply with the ELF brush/spoolie duo and I swirl it around in both shades to create my perfect match.

So easy to use, stays all day and looks very natural. Pricey but TOTALLY worth it and the product lasts a very long time so it's not something that needs to be repurchaced frequently.

on 4/6/2015 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this product!!
I have used this product for about 6 years now and have yet to find anything that compares. I use 'ash blonde' and it matches my hair and complexion perfectly. The look is natural and people are shocked when I say I fill in my brows. I have very blonde eyebrows (most of my hair is clear) that are sparsely filled, this product is almost a daily essential for me. I can apply it very quickly and accurately with a brow brush (tip-moistening the brush first will help the powder stay on longer). Like other users have said, its fool proof. You can brush and wipe the color off your brows easily if you apply it wrong yet it stays in all day on its own. A must for the brow-obsessed!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely love this product. Best brow powder I've found so far.

Pros: stays on a long time, little to no smudging, lasts a long time

Cons: a little pricy

Yes, will definitely repurchase

Let me start out by saying that this is the first and only brow powder/product I've ever used. So I don't have much to compare it to. That said, I do like it. I have the ash blonde/medium brown duo. It stays put for a full day as far as I can tell (with using wax and a brow gel). The reason I won't repurchase is that it is expensive and I'd like to try some other (cheaper) powders to see if there's any difference.

on 3/19/2015 8:07:00 PM

I love how this comes with two shades, a lighter to use near the beginning of your brows and the darker to use near the tail. If you're looking for a more natural brow look this is a great option and pretty difficult to mess up because it provides such a natural look. The packaging is nice because its so compact. It's a bit expensive for what it is but it just makes doing your brows so easy so I think it's worth it.

on 3/3/2015 9:45:00 PM

Love this product and use it in conjunction with the Brow Wiz since I am currently trying to grow out my brows and need to fill in some areas. Colors are great, looks natural and wears well throughout the day. Will purchase again.

Popular Brows Products