December 18, 2014 | 848 users online

Brows - Anastasia Of Beverly Hills - Brow Powder Duo

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2014 12:13:00 PM More reviews by Doodleses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

$22 will last you FOREVER.

Anastasia has updated their product look to a black and rose-gold compact - which I hate - there's something very girly and provincial about the silver striped one! I bought my first and only Ebony brow duo back maybe in 2010 and it's almost 2015...you know how a product has been used because the imprint has been messed up? My brow powder cake still has that on the edges! Plus I've been using this for nearly everyday in my makeup routine (sometimes I use NYX Brow Cake in Ash) and hardly have hit pan. It's just an itty bitty hole on the darker side of the shadow.
This is soooo pigmented that you don't have to dip and swipe your brush too many times, which is why one compact has lasted me well beyond 4 years. Looking at how much I have left, I could say it could go for another 4?

It's gotten a lot of loving, but it looks half-used. It's crazy.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2014 6:20:00 PM More reviews by coffeecupcake

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This product is a bit procey for what is basically just eyeshadow, but it comes with a lot of product and is pigmented enough so it will last a fair amount of time. The shadow really is long wearing which I like, and the duo in ebony defines the eyebrows well but still looks more natural than a harsh brow pencil. It also comes with a mirror and the packaging is nice( looks pretty as well). Overall I would recommend this to someone who wants well defined but soft eyebrows.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2014 More reviews by vprometaphase

This product is absolutely amazing. When I first started filling in my eyebrows, I used a regular brown eyeshadow which just looked horribly fake and never stayed on for very long. When I found out about this, I was a little hesitant to buy it because of the price tag, but now I can say that it is absolutely worth the price. This product looks so natural on your brows; everyone is surprised when I tell them I fill mine in! It has just the right amount of pigment without looking too dramatic or too faint, but you can apply it lightly and build it up if you so choose (I use a regular angled brush and it works great). The duo shades are perfect because you can always get just the right colour, and I was so impressed with how the product stays on; I played water polo for an hour and the brow powder was still almost perfectly in place, even after dunking my head in the water! The product lasts forever, too; I've had mine for almost a year and I haven't even reached the bottom of the pot yet; you only need a few brush strokes each time. I've also dropped it plenty of times on hardwood and tile floors, and no part of it has broken yet. I will definitely be using this product for as long as I will be filling in my brows! =)

Pros:
- very natural looking but also great for making a dramatic brow
- extremely long-lasting and reasonably water/rub-resistant
- great range of shades to match your hair perfectly
- one pot lasts forever so it's worth the investment

Cons:
- pricey at first, but I've found that it's really worth the value!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2014 4:16:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

I am obsessed w the perfect brows! If my brows are on point, my entire day is better. TBH, ABH products have changed my life. I have a kit w the brow powder & a highlighting e/s that came w stencils/brush, another brow powder kit that came w the brow powder, brush, & clear mascara stuff for your brows; a set of stencils, Dip Brow, & the Dip Brow brush w a spoolie on the other end (all ABH in Medium Brown), I love the brow powder that came w the highlighting e/s set because in the compact is also some of the ABH brow wax. I love ABH products, you could say I am slightly obsessed! And obsessed w getting the perfect brows. I went to the Ulta Benefit Brow Bar (& unfortunately my brows were too thin to be waxed! Wahhhh!!! I hope they will grow in....), but I was matched to the dip in Taupe initially but purchased Soft Brown & exchanged for Medium Brown dip, so I knew finally which shade I was, so I was able to order the 2 brow powder sets on Ulta dot com sight unseen & they arrived promptly to my house. I am so happy w the ABH Medium Brown shade in both powder & dip brow. The Brow Powder makes a more natural look than the dip brow. The dip is more dramatic. The Brow Powder seems a bit lighter than the dip brow, color wise. The brushes for the Brow Powder & dip brow are identical (slant brushes sort of like what you use for winged gel eyeliner!). I plan on buying ABH's brow pencil when I get my money. ABH is the best for brows, the gold standard in brow makeup, if you want the very best get Anastasia Beverly Hills. Very hyped right now, some may say overhyped but ABH is deserving of high praise in every form.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2014 2:47:00 AM More reviews by Caleeesi

I use this in chocolate and it's perfect for a polished but natural looking brow. I use the lighter of the two colours at the front of my brows and the darker of the two on the tail of my brow. It's well pigmented and easy to use. $30 CAD may seem like a steep price for this product but you do t need much and the pan will last you ages. I prefer this to any MAC shadows I've used in my brows. It's amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2014 2:59:00 AM More reviews by xoslshopaholic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

With my red hair, I really didn't find anything at the drugstore to help with my brows, so I splurged a little on this great product, and I'm happy I did. It's natural looking, easy to use, and allows me to stick with one product whenever I dye my hair darker (I love how it comes with two shades that allow for "wiggle room" when it comes to darkening my hair, I don't have to buy another in a different colour) The auburn shade is perfect for me, my only complaint is the packaging. I dropped it ONCE and it split in two, with the mirror breaking off, but the powder was fine. I can still put the lid on, but I won't leave it loose in my makeup bag. The back was all scratched up within a few weeks of use, and I've noticed now that the mirror part is falling apart. This was my own mistake anyways, but just be careful with this product! I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2014 12:46:00 AM More reviews by ekym

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I received a sample of this and at first I felt that it didnít show up enough or enhance my brows at all, so it stayed in my stash of sample for a long time. After a brow waxing mishap, I bought Anastasiaís Brow Wiz in Dark Brown/Brunette to fill in the large gaps. My black brown brows are naturally sparse, and Brow Wiz easily fills in the gaps. I then lightly run the included spooly (which is very stiff, if I used too much pressure with it the color would be taken right off, so light-handed is the key) over the color to soften the edges. Next I used the brow powder (in Dark Brown and I will buy a full size when I run out of the sample). Based on an online video at Allure magazineís website, I used the darker powder in the middle 2/3 of the eyebrow and to fill the large gaps and the lighter powder to go over the entire brow to blend everything together. I found that the brow pencil made the powder adhere better. Finally I finish the brows with a tinted brow gel (Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel in Espresso), light-handedly coloring the actually hairs and setting the brows in place. The finished look lasts all day (even though an afternoon nap). After a couple weeks I really got the hang of application and now this routine is a part of my everyday makeup line-up. I admit itís a lot of steps and something I never thought I would commit to, but the results look like I have naturally perfect brows so I really canít complain. This powder is expensive, but the colors work so well for me that i really don't want to try out other brands. If I ever had the chance (or could afford) to have Anastasia groom my brows in person I would jump at it. I trust her and her products implicitly with my brows.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2014 4:19:00 PM More reviews by Katee025

Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2014 12:55:00 PM More reviews by Samm12

I have been using this product for about 2 years now and I'm obsessed. I recently got in to filling in my brows so they are "on point" and this is perfect for that . Very natural and easy to apply. Definitely a favorite!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2014 11:21:00 PM More reviews by amarilynd

I love this. It stays put all day and the colour is perfect. I feel like it's pretty steep in price, but for the staying power and for how long it lasts (I've had it for 2 1/2 years now and still haven't hit pan) I think it's worth it. I do feel tempted to purchase an eyeshadow that's cheaper that could substitute for this, but I feel like it would take forever to find the perfect ashy brown colour. So pretty much I'm most likely going to repurchase this when I completely finish this if I don't venture off into trying the Anastasia brow pencil out of curiosity.