July 28, 2014 | 1927 users online

Powder - MAC - New View- Light/Medium Natural and Shimmer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2011 11:00:00 AM More reviews by ebidebby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

It's a nice powder with very subtle shimmer, thanks to the MSF portion. I've had the same experience as someone else below in that it's impossible to use the powder without the shimmer, but the shimmer is so light it blends in nicely. Both sections of product have a soft, velvety finish and work well as a setting powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2010 4:19:00 PM More reviews by SevenDeadlySins

I like this! I love the shimmer size. It makes an amazing brow highlight + to highlight my cheekbones. Its very pigmented and not glittery, just shimmery. I do like the MSFN side, but no matter what, some glitter gets into it, but you cant really tell once i buff it onto my face. Light/medium is a nice color match and im less than NW20. When i do my NW20 SFF, i use MSFN medium. If you can find this for cheap, get it. Since i have a lot of highlighters already, i think ill just buy a MSFN on its own, but i do love this duo!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2010 12:44:00 PM More reviews by 0HJOANNNE

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got this at an uber discounted price and I've never used a Mineralized Skinfinish Natural before. I wanted a new highlighter because last summer I was really into highlighters and boy was the shimmer part is amazing. I love it. I'm glad I bought this because 1. The great highlighter! and 2. I've always wanted to try a Mineralized Skinfinish Natural. The MSF Natural is great; however, I wish I had bought these separately because when I try to use just the MSF part, I get the brush onto the shimmer side too and sometimes and all that shimmer doesn't look good on my nose.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2010 12:11:00 AM More reviews by nattyngeorge

I don't know why there are no ratings for MEDIUM/NATURAL AND SHIMMER. So I'm just going to review it here. I'm a NC40 for reference. My HG blotting powder has always been MAC Blot Powder in Medium Dark.. but I always wanted to try a msf for setting my makeup.. so when I saw this at my local CCO for under $20, I thought I'd give it a go. The shimmery side is very shimmery. So what I do is, use a small face blender/buffer brush and apply the medium side to all of my face after I applied my liquid foundation. It sets my makeup wonderfully without looking matte. It gives a very satiny, smooth finish. I love it! Then, I take my brush and tap it on the shimmer side and swirl it onto my cheekbones. A little goes a long way with the shimmer. I REALLY like this stuff. My only gripe is that it doesn't keep my shine away all day. I have to re-powder my face at least 2 times throughout the day after my 1st application of it. I like it better than Blot Powder because of the finish.. but I really wish it would last longer! Oh well, it won't stop me from re-purchasing. I may try a different shade next time. Maybe Medium Dark? If there are any NC40's out there let me know what you use! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2009 12:41:00 AM More reviews by ShamyBabess

Got this at my nearest CCO and absolutely love it! Sets my make-up very nicely and the product feels amazing on my skin. Not a fan of the shimmer so that's why I wouldnt purchase again. However I will be buying JUST the MSF without the shimmer, because I do love it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2009 2:36:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

My shade is medium natural/shimmer. I got it at a CCO, and I've never used the natural MSF's. This must have been an idea for natural skin finisher after foundation, with a highlight for your cheekbones etc.
I don't think I'd buy it again, and I'm sure it's not part of the MAC permanent line.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2008 2:52:00 PM More reviews by HellzBelleMichelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using Smashbox's Sheer Focus tinted moisturizer for the summer but wanted to put a light powder over it for a more matte but glowing finish. I've never tried the MSF powders before and the New View collection brought my eyes to them. At first, I used it over my tinted moisturizer but ended up just using it alone over my daily face lotion. I found that it was light but had enough color and coverage for the summer. It gives a very nice, subtle glow. I'm usually fair olive, but this summer I got tan and the MSF worked well with my new tanned complexion. The shimmer part I forget to use most of the time, but when I do, I use them on top of my cheekbones and it is very subtle. Overall, I like this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2008 6:21:00 PM More reviews by Lorna_Korma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is a baked powder compact which can be used as a finishing powder over foundation or on it's own for a very sheer coverage foundation (for those blessed with near perfect skin!). The majority of the compact is dedicated to the natural skinfinish. When I first tried the product I found it very difficult to get any of the product on my brush but after a few uses the initital layer wore down and I found I got sufficient amounts of powder on my brush. I have managed to yield good results from using both natural and synthetic brushes and using a flat top kabuki gives a heavier coverage.

I use the natural powder over my MAC Mineralized powder foundation to give my skin a polished, glowy look as I dislike the cakey, powdery look regular finishing powders give me. I find it delivers just enough glow without making me look like I'm sweating and after a night of dancing I still look fresh faced and dewy. I find it is also good for touch ups as it is very sheer and I don't get a 'spongey' look on my nose.

The shimmer side takes up about a third of the compact. In this shade it is a very pale, almost white shimmer. I use it as a highlighter on cheekbones and brow bones. I think it would be too much to use it all over the face as it does give a high sheen effect on the face.

I gave a 3 for the packaging quality as I have not placed much confidence in the integrity of the compact lid, whether it will withstand being transported in my make-up bag, only time will tell but I am noticing a few cracks in the lid already.

Obviously, being a high-end cosmetic you will expect to pay a premium price for this product, which I do not mind. This powder gives a finish to my skin that no drug-store product ever could so I can totally justify the price (18 GBP).

This shade is perhaps too dark for very fair skinned people and also has a slight yellow undetone to it. I have been lucky in that it is the perfect shade for me but I suggest anyone wanting to try heads to a counter to test first.

I would definitely buy this product again if it were in the permanent line!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2008 7:46:00 PM More reviews by treecatd

It's way to dark for anybody who uses the light regular MSF....but i purchase one two shades darker( medium dark /shimmer), since i was out of bronzer ....it is ok, but gives a slightly orangey look. For contouring it's just to orange as well. unless you want to look like you contoured with way too much self-tanner...:P..Anyway, i will go and purchase the next shade up(dark/shimmer) which hopefully will be bronze enough for a PPP .the product looks very cute, but so do the shadows and blushes (electro flash/sonic chic) ..it's not worth 26.50 IMO... because you could just buy your shade of MSF natural 25$+ a blush like trace gold 18$ and have double the product.However i'm only willing to spend the $ because i travel a lot, so i would love to have just one compact...as i'm writing this i realize i might just chnage my mind after visiting a counter...
there will be a follow up ! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2008 6:21:00 PM More reviews by BABAA

I really like this first MSF I've tried and it goes on really smooth and shimmer is really natural!! great for a fair asian like me!