November 24, 2014 | 1799 users online

Pressed Powders - Eddie Funkhouser Face Powder

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2008 5:25:00 AM More reviews by soleil_kitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is what the official site says: "E. Funkhouser™ New York Face Powder features a micronized powder formula specially crafted by professional make up artist Eddie Funkhouser to provide soft, silky and sheer coverage. Oil-absorbing Rice Powder, combined with professional-grade silica, enhance texture and blendability to lend the flawless finish and look of professionally-applied make up."
Since I am lucky enough to actually have decent skin (depending on time of the month, though), I don't need much of a foundation to be ready to go. I do occasionally go for foundations, but right now and especially since it's summer, I don't want much on my face. So I ordered this face powder, which is only available in one 'shade': Translucent. When opening the little compact, it does look like very fair skin, though. Once applied, however, that completely vanishes. The colour blends perfectly and adapts amazingly well to my own (very fair) skin tone. It mattifies and leaves a silky smooth, even complexion. Perfect! I totally love it. It leaves little to no colour at all, so it's really not meant to be a foundation replacement. If at all, it can serve as a finishing product for those who use foundation and need the coverage. I am just happy with the "soft-focus effect" it leaves on my skin. It looks very natural, nude even, just with that perfect touch to it.

Also, the powder absorbs oil amazingly well. I usually do get shiny until midday and this powder works better than most other powders I've tried. It doesn't control shine to the max, though. Blotting paper should still be at hand. But who cares? No Clinique & no Dior have kept oil at bay the way this Funkhouser powder does.

It is supposed to improve the skin's structures, but I cannot say anything about that now. I guess that's something that needs to be talked about after four to six weeks maybe.

For now, I am happy with this! It keeps its promises and is available at a decent price (ca. 19 €). Will buy again!