L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes

3.6

Magnifier Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water/Eau, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates Copolymer, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Cera Carnauba (Carnauba Wax), Steareth 2, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Acacia Senegal Gum, Rayon, Panthenol, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Methyparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, 2 Oleamido 1, 3 Octadecandiol, Disodium EDTA, Ethylparaben, Simethicone, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben May Contain: CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide.
Extender: Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water/Eau, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Alcohol Denat., Sodium Laureth 12 Sulfate, Acrylamide, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Isohexadecane, Phenoxyethanol, Rayon, Polysorbate 80, Methylparaben, Imidazoldinyl Urea, Sodium Dehyroacetate, Disodium EDTA, Silica, Ethylparaben, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben May contain: CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491/Iron Oxides, CI 77007 (Ultramines), Mica, CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide), FIL D32060/3.

on 5/6/2015 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I'm a huge fan of L'Oreal mascaras. This mascara is great, the problem is the white side - the tubing. So the tubing part is great in the winter time, but in the summer it causes the mascara to clump at the ends and dries it out and makes it look funky. All through the cold season this is great, but when it gets hot and humid, it acts funky and makes the eyelashes look like they have balls clumped at the ends. I will not repurchase this after my hot weather experience.

on 4/23/2015 10:21:00 PM

Total gimmick and my lashes look so thin. Maybe a bit longer, but very thin.

on 4/23/2015 9:53:00 PM

Absolutely the worst mascara ever.. I have used other l'Oreal mascaras and I am a religious user of LancĂ´me. I was in need of mascara right away and this Was just terrible !!! I used this two times and it didn't do anything to my lashes.. I think I would have been better off w out this mascara.

on 4/22/2015 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This mascara is fabulous for women who already have full lashes but would like falsies-length and a mascara that holds a curl.

The primer really does almost double the length of my lashes, and the mascara part does not smudge (even when I nap with it on! or in the rain!). The black color is very black.

Redacted one lippy for volume, or lack thereof. Everything else about it has been fabulous!

**Will not repurchase because I'm more interested in length AND volume

on 4/21/2015 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

There's quite a few pros for this mascara, but there's also quite a few cons. Pros: stays put all day, but removes very easily with just a bit of water, separates/adds some length, doesn't flake. Cons: doesn't add volume, makes your top and bottom eyelashes stick together even when dry, and the price is a big higher than other drugstore mascaras although you don't get much product. I have to say, for the extra bucks I spent on this I expected it to work wonderfully, but you'll get the same results from any old $5 mascara from the drugstore.

on 4/20/2015 10:55:00 PM

This has been the mascara that I come back for time and time again. Although the application takes a bit longer than the average mascara, the result is noticeably longer lashes. Since it's not a fiber mascara, you don't have to worry about the mess or the clumps. Removal of this mascara is also really easy with warm water and swiping down motions.

A few tips for using this mascara:

1) Apply step 2 immediately after brushing on the white undercoat. This will help prevent clumps

2) Curl your lashes well before application as this mascara tends to not hold the curl

3) Layer another volumizing mascara on top, as the mascara does a better job of lengthening than thickening.

4) When you're about halfway through using the mascara, I found that dropping a drop of contact solution into the red side before applying makes the application process a lot easier.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this mascara because it just simply slips right off my lashes in little clumps when I'm ready to remove it. It gives length, separation, and volume. I've been wearing it for years and will happily repurchase for as long as I can! It doesn't smudge and looks the same all day, it's perfect.

on 4/19/2015 11:33:00 AM

Gimmicky. Doesn't do anything for my lashes

on 3/1/2015 12:16:00 AM

I was always curious about this mascara when reading the reviews on makeupalley. When I went to ulta today I decided to finally pick it up. It retails for 9.99 and I couldn't wait to open the package and try it. First thing I noticed was that the primer side had a strong smell to it I applied it to my lashes first and then immediately applied the mascara side. It gave a fanned out look and lengthened them. It was exactly the type of look I wanted for my lashes. .i wore it for about 7 hours and there was no flaking or smudging. When I went to remove it I was at amazed and how the tubes came off with just warm water on a cotton ball. I didn't lose a single eyelash in the removal. It is too soon to tell but I strongly believe this will be a repurchase.

on 2/17/2015 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Really good stuff! When I want a tubing mascara (like when I'm hot and sweaty, swimming, allergic, or my poor eyelashes need a break) I usually go for Blinc Amplified. Blinc is great, but the L'oreal is a whole lot cheaper, and it must really condition my lashes well because when I'm using this consistently they seem to fall out less (probably because of the serum and the gentler removal process). My usual Dior lash serum does not make my lashes anywhere near as happy as this $10 mascara/primer combo. If you're looking for a nice, natural daytime mascara that's easy to remove and won't melt all over your face, it's worth a try. I've tried dozens of mascaras and honestly I wasn't expecting much from this, but my mom refuses to use anything else so I figured I'd give it a try. As with most things, it turns out I should have listened to my mother a long time ago. ;P

Cons -- It doesn't hold as nice of a curl as Blinc, but I hardly ever remember to curl my eyelashes anyway so if you're lazy like me it's a moot point. Also sometimes if I go overboard with this stuff it makes my lashes weirdly long so that I look kind of crazy, but to me that's a good problem to have! As someone who generally goes for volumizing formulas over length, it's kind of a novelty.

I wish more brands made tubing mascara...you really can't beat it for sensitive eyes that hate the mascara-removal process.

Popular Mascaras