L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes

3.6

Magnifier Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water/Eau, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates Copolymer, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Cera Carnauba (Carnauba Wax), Steareth 2, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Acacia Senegal Gum, Rayon, Panthenol, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Methyparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, 2 Oleamido 1, 3 Octadecandiol, Disodium EDTA, Ethylparaben, Simethicone, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben May Contain: CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide.
Extender: Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water/Eau, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Alcohol Denat., Sodium Laureth 12 Sulfate, Acrylamide, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Isohexadecane, Phenoxyethanol, Rayon, Polysorbate 80, Methylparaben, Imidazoldinyl Urea, Sodium Dehyroacetate, Disodium EDTA, Silica, Ethylparaben, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben May contain: CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491/Iron Oxides, CI 77007 (Ultramines), Mica, CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide), FIL D32060/3.

on 8/31/2015 12:13:00 AM

I love this mascara and have used it for years. It's so great but you have to know how to use (and remove) it!! I've included some directions on application/removal based on my own experience with this product below.

It's not waterproof but it stays on all day and doesn't smudge or bulge for ANYTHING. I've slept with this on and gone to school the next day. Obviously not ideal, but the point is there is NO smudging. It gives beautiful volume without clumping and it lengthens lashes like crazy. Every single time someone has complimented me on my long and full lashes, I've been wearing this!

The only downside to this is that it doesn't last as long as other mascaras, i.e. it dries out and becomes thicker and more difficult to use. After about 4-6 months (of daily use) I have to throw this away even if it isn't completely empty.

I personally find it kind of expensive, partly because it dries out, but this is only because I've never fallen for the hype of high end mascaras. Compared to them it's not really that expensive at all, and I would pick this over every single one of them.

APPLICATION:
First apply the white primer, but be very sparse with this! One coat is more than enough. Seriously, anything more will show through the mascara and make your lashes appear gray. Volume can be built with several coats of the mascara part, NOT this.
Secondly DON'T wait for the white primer to dry before applying the mascara! I can not stress this enough, preferably do one eye at a time so the primer doesn't have time to dry on one eye while you're coating the other with mascara. Also; work fast. Once this stuff dries you can't keep coating without massive clumping. And again, be sure that you have coated/covered all the white so lashes dont appear grey. Some prefer to also brush through once from the top as well, but I personally dont find this necessary.

REMOVAL:
Removing this is so easy and gentile, if you know how to do it. Regular makeup remover won't do it, and most certainly not makeup remover wipes. The truth is all you need to remove this is water! I think I read somewhere that you are supposed to hold a cotton pad with warm water over the eye for 30 seconds and that will make the mascara come off. This is a lie, so I get that people are pissed.

What I find the easiest way, is to stand over the sink, and let the hot water run (not so hot that you burn yourself but it has to be at least luke warm, the warmer the water the faster the mascara comes off). Then I cup my hands to gather water and then I try to hold the water over my eyes for a bit (with eyes closed ofc). This sounds crazy, but it's exactly like splashing your face with water except you try to let the water saturate the mascara on the lashes for as long as possible. I do this maybe 3-4 times and when the mascara is soaked through, it literally slides right off in a massive clump. No tugging (if this occurs the mascara is not saturated enough), no smudging, no color on the skin of any kind.
This is a huge plus because you save so much makeup remover and there is no tugging or dragging over the eye area what so ever.

Alternately I have also found that my Take The Day Off Eye makeup remover from Clinique also dissolves this and takes it off very easily.

Conclusion:
Great mascara that gives volume and lengthens lashes with no clumps. More smudge-proof than waterproof mascara, yet super easy to remove. Do yourself a favor and try this. You won't be disappointed.

on 8/12/2015 3:34:00 AM

I bought and used this mascara few times. Very easy to apply, gives you nice long lashes look and holds great, doesn't smudge.

Unfortunatelly for me I found those wands far too long, which is not good for my small eyes. It's very hard to do inner corners without messing up the centre lashes, too easy to touch them and put extra coat which stick the centre lashes together. I guess it work well for those girls with more bigger/open eyes. I need just a wee wand to separate all lashes nicely. Due to this I take one lippy down of the overall rating.

on 6/10/2015 7:26:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I really wanted to like this product as it has been around for a while, and I liked the concept of the dual ended brushes with the conditioning formula on one end and the actual mascara on the other. That and the fiber bristle brushes (i.e. not the spiky plastic variety that seem to be all the rage recently) are the only positive qualities. This mascara made my lashes look extremely thin and sparse with zero volume. Worst of all, the "tubes" that the mascara forms around lashes are extremely difficult to remove. I use a very high quality gel based eye makeup remover and had to pull very hard on my lashes to get all the tubes off. Even then there was still residual mascara so I used my Bioderma to get rid of it. I must have gone through 4 cotton balls and 4 cotton pads in the process!!

on 5/31/2015 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I repurchased and that's how I know it's love. Superb tubing mascara, affordable and easy to find. I appreciate the primer option and use it before other formulas also. This removes easily and the tubing formula means no smudges ever. Appears to be water resistant, so tears are not a problem. My only complaint would be that it is not available in brown or even a black/brown option. That's my preferred shade.

on 5/31/2015 4:43:00 PM

I love this product, it is sort of fiber mascara comes with white mascara which does all the work bc it extends the lashes so long !the black mascara on the other side of the burgundy tube is obviously to cover the white mascara and it also extends. ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT WORTH THE PRICE AND I WILL BUY AGAIN!!

on 5/6/2015 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I'm a huge fan of L'Oreal mascaras. This mascara is great, the problem is the white side - the tubing. So the tubing part is great in the winter time, but in the summer it causes the mascara to clump at the ends and dries it out and makes it look funky. All through the cold season this is great, but when it gets hot and humid, it acts funky and makes the eyelashes look like they have balls clumped at the ends. I will not repurchase this after my hot weather experience.

on 4/23/2015 10:21:00 PM

Total gimmick and my lashes look so thin. Maybe a bit longer, but very thin.

on 4/23/2015 9:53:00 PM

Absolutely the worst mascara ever.. I have used other l'Oreal mascaras and I am a religious user of LancĂ´me. I was in need of mascara right away and this Was just terrible !!! I used this two times and it didn't do anything to my lashes.. I think I would have been better off w out this mascara.

on 4/22/2015 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This mascara is fabulous for women who already have full lashes but would like falsies-length and a mascara that holds a curl.

The primer really does almost double the length of my lashes, and the mascara part does not smudge (even when I nap with it on! or in the rain!). The black color is very black.

Redacted one lippy for volume, or lack thereof. Everything else about it has been fabulous!

**Will not repurchase because I'm more interested in length AND volume

on 4/21/2015 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

There's quite a few pros for this mascara, but there's also quite a few cons. Pros: stays put all day, but removes very easily with just a bit of water, separates/adds some length, doesn't flake. Cons: doesn't add volume, makes your top and bottom eyelashes stick together even when dry, and the price is a big higher than other drugstore mascaras although you don't get much product. I have to say, for the extra bucks I spent on this I expected it to work wonderfully, but you'll get the same results from any old $5 mascara from the drugstore.