Guess by Marciano

4.2

What a strange scent! I just bought it today and cant wrap my nose around it and decide if I like it or dislike it really...its definitely not what I was expecting and miles apart from the scents I normally wear (fruity, fresh, green). Hoo whee this is strong at first! An alcoholic sweetness on first sniff, which then changes to pure baby powder on me, then changes to an "old spicey" scent, and then mellows to a sweet vanilla-ish musk which I enjoy, but then it fades so much I can barely smell it. A very warm winter scent I find...a sexy night time scent...a very 90s scent. I will continue to try this in rotation throughout the winter...but Im wishing I had picked up the pink Guess instead

This parfume by far is my FAVORITE scent. I have always had Chanel Mademo & Allure Sensual but was introduced to Guess by a sales woman who was delivering this scent to Macys. Thank god i met her because i ALWAYS have guess in my closet as well at all times! My disappointment is they discontinued this scent NOT long after i found it. Fortunetaly i can still buy it in the discount store BUT its not the same without the nice lotions and packaging like the rest buying it in Macys! BEST, SEXIEST,CLEAN SCENT OUT THERE & I get more compliments on it still. PLEASE BRING IT BACK TO MACY's or other stores! It would be a HOT seller... IF ANYONE KNOWS OF ANY NEWER SCENTS IN THIS TYPE OF FRAGRENCE LINE Scents I WELCOME ANY ADVICE!!!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Powdery Oriental Musk. I get 20 minutes of honeyed citrus top notes then powdery warm vanilla woods base. Its a strong and lasting sexy fragrance. I find it similar to Revlon Charlie Gold. Or the powdery Lancome Hypnose - but warmer and much more interesting and well blended because there's more vanilla + hints of spice + fruit. Or Guess Gold, but softer and more powdery.

I probably won't repurchase. I find it very strong so I only wear a tiny spray in winter. Any more and I get a headache. The gold bottle with the fishnet design is super luxurious to use and look at, and its a great price for the quality!

Notes as of Strawberrynet:

Top Notes - Grapefruit, Star fruit (Carambola), Curacao (Orange liquor), Cardamom
Middle Notes - Peony, Honeysuckle, Jasmine
Base Notes - Powdery Vanilla, Musk, Woody accords

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is a sweet warm golden sandalwood-vanilla with a note of pipe-tobacco ... and it's very nice, but it's a tad too sweet for me. Very beautiful though. Once upon a time, this was right up my alley (woods, musk, and vanilla are my fave!) -- but the older I get, the more I dislike big sweetness (in both my food and my perfumes).

I would lump Guess by Marciano in with a few other similar scents -- Prada Candy, Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille, Bath & Body Works Sensual Amber, the d/c'd Escada Collection, and a few others. I like them -- they're very pretty & golden warm -- but I just wish they weren't quite so sweet.

It came out in 2007, and here are its notes, per parfumo.net:

Top Notes: Grapefruit, Carambola, Cardamom
Heart Notes: Honeysuckle, Jasmine, Peony
Base Notes: Woods, Musk, Vanilla

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love this perfume, I like sweet soft bold scents!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I used to love this orange liquor "Cointreau" (maybe you've heard of it, Dita Von Teese does its advertising). This presume smells EXACTLY like it! I mean EXACTLY :-( I almost threw up b/c I was not in the mood for taking shots when I sprayed this perfume- that liquor is strong shiit! like 48proof

I smelled this from a magazine. I rushed right away to the Guess in the mall and bought the full sized bottle. Guess by marciano quickly became my second signature scent, this perfume is wonderful, it actually helped me to really be able to relax through some frustrating troubled times. Out of all perfumes i own Guess By Marciano Perfume performance is over the top smelling like Smoky Sweet Vanilla and Florals!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

My local KMart is shutting down and was selling all their perfumes for 40 % off... saw this little gem but it had no box and when I went to price check it...it came up at less than four bucks. Smells just like I remember and I snatched it up..smells sooo yummy!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I had an interesting experience with this perfume. My first sniff of it produced an overwhelming reaction of "ew!" and here's why: I am generally easy to please as far as fragrances go, but there are some combinations that have never worked for me. One of these is fruit and woodiness/spice. Fruit and sweetness, fruit and musk, fruit and floral, I can handle. But fruit and wood/spices have always produced a negative reaction from me, mostly in the form of several fragrances by Versace. And I get a lot of fruit and spices from Guess- a generic fruity smell (actual notes include grapefruit, orange, and star fruit) and cardamom and wood in the drydown. HOWEVER... as I kept sniffing this fragrance, and as I have kept wearing it on different occasions, it has grown very much on me. In fact, I'd say it's borderline addictive. It's very warm and something about it really draws me in and want to keep sniffing it- I literally keep bringing my wrist up to my nose when I have it on and I don't get that impulse frequently when wearing perfumes, even ones that I am very fond of. I wish I could pinpoint and articulate what exactly is so fascinating about this fragrance, but I can't, so suffice to say that I am borderline obsessed with it and highly recommend it as a fall/winter fragrance to anyone who enjoys warm fruity woody fragrances. Another bonus is that's not very expensive- I got a 3.4 oz bottle for less than $30 on ebay.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I sprayed this on at the mall and just loved it, lots of a cinnamony spell to it...BUT beware, this juice can turn because I bought a bottle at TJMAXX and it was BAD! It had none of the nice spicy sweet smell of the bottle from the mall. Those who thought this smelled terrible may have gotten hold of a bad bottle so maybe try it again at a reputable perfume store and not some OFF PRICE close out store!

Popular Fragrances