September 16, 2014 | 2007 users online

Fragrances - Guess - by Marciano

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2014 1:47:00 PM More reviews by sillage

This is a sweet warm golden sandalwood-vanilla with a note of pipe-tobacco ... and it's very nice, but it's a tad too sweet for me. Very beautiful though. Once upon a time, this was right up my alley (woods, musk, and vanilla are my fave!) -- but the older I get, the more I dislike big sweetness (in both my food and my perfumes).

I would lump Guess by Marciano in with a few other similar scents -- Prada Candy, Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille, Bath & Body Works Sensual Amber, the d/c'd Escada Collection, and a few others. I like them -- they're very pretty & golden warm -- but I just wish they weren't quite so sweet.

It came out in 2007, and here are its notes, per parfumo.net:

Top Notes: Grapefruit, Carambola, Cardamom
Heart Notes: Honeysuckle, Jasmine, Peony
Base Notes: Woods, Musk, Vanilla

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2013 8:35:00 PM More reviews by Impeccablebliss

I love this perfume, I like sweet soft bold scents!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/15/2013 3:58:00 PM More reviews by NumberSixBiitch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used to love this orange liquor "Cointreau" (maybe you've heard of it, Dita Von Teese does its advertising). This presume smells EXACTLY like it! I mean EXACTLY :-( I almost threw up b/c I was not in the mood for taking shots when I sprayed this perfume- that liquor is strong shiit! like 48proof

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 4:12:00 AM More reviews by Missconsistency

I smelled this from a magazine. I rushed right away to the Guess in the mall and bought the full sized bottle. Guess by marciano quickly became my second signature scent, this perfume is wonderful, it actually helped me to really be able to relax through some frustrating troubled times. This perfume is also very compatible with my chemistry.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2012 12:09:00 PM More reviews by sillyjulie18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

My local KMart is shutting down and was selling all their perfumes for 40 % off... saw this little gem but it had no box and when I went to price check it...it came up at less than four bucks. Smells just like I remember and I snatched it up..smells sooo yummy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2011 10:20:00 PM More reviews by pxcrunnercat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I had an interesting experience with this perfume. My first sniff of it produced an overwhelming reaction of "ew!" and here's why: I am generally easy to please as far as fragrances go, but there are some combinations that have never worked for me. One of these is fruit and woodiness/spice. Fruit and sweetness, fruit and musk, fruit and floral, I can handle. But fruit and wood/spices have always produced a negative reaction from me, mostly in the form of several fragrances by Versace. And I get a lot of fruit and spices from Guess- a generic fruity smell (actual notes include grapefruit, orange, and star fruit) and cardamom and wood in the drydown. HOWEVER... as I kept sniffing this fragrance, and as I have kept wearing it on different occasions, it has grown very much on me. In fact, I'd say it's borderline addictive. It's very warm and something about it really draws me in and want to keep sniffing it- I literally keep bringing my wrist up to my nose when I have it on and I don't get that impulse frequently when wearing perfumes, even ones that I am very fond of. I wish I could pinpoint and articulate what exactly is so fascinating about this fragrance, but I can't, so suffice to say that I am borderline obsessed with it and highly recommend it as a fall/winter fragrance to anyone who enjoys warm fruity woody fragrances. Another bonus is that's not very expensive- I got a 3.4 oz bottle for less than $30 on ebay.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2011 6:45:00 PM More reviews by MarianNorris

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I sprayed this on at the mall and just loved it, lots of a cinnamony spell to it...BUT beware, this juice can turn because I bought a bottle at TJMAXX and it was BAD! It had none of the nice spicy sweet smell of the bottle from the mall. Those who thought this smelled terrible may have gotten hold of a bad bottle so maybe try it again at a reputable perfume store and not some OFF PRICE close out store!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2011 3:48:00 PM More reviews by internetgirl

LOVE this. At first spritz, it has a fruity smell but it dries like a woody, amber smell. It is a very classy and luxurious scent. I found the 50ml one cheap for only $20 in shoppers drug mart. It stays long. The packaging is okay; its pretty.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2011 9:13:00 PM More reviews by amnahp12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I CANNOT believe I'm the lowest rater [thus far] for this perfume. I saw the good reviews and wanted to give it a sniff [after Brit Red, NO MORE blind buys for me!], especially after I found it for the crazy price of $30 at Winners today [no, seriously ... EDT for 20). So off I went to Shoppers and had the girl spray my arm ...gave it a sniff...okay, okay, WAIT WHOA. I have no idea what any of the notes in this are because the only thing that got through to me was the massive headache this smell gave me! Which has NEVER happened from any perfume, and I like heavy, sweet, rich perfumes. Neither have I ever gotten a 'scrubber,' but here's my first! I don't know what it is about my chemistry, which makes most everything smell fairly decent, but all that came SCREECHING out of this was the smell of burnt wood. Not the nice, smokey, Chrismassy yule log smell -- the bonfire burnt log's ashes rubbed directly onto your skin. It's not immediate, it seems to register in my nose/head at the end of the sniff [like an aftertaste for smells, weirdly enough]. Burnt paper might be a more accurate description. Either way, the most rank and awful stench I have ever had the foul displeasure to find selling popularly as a perfume. I say, leave it to those it smells good on. I'll take my Brit, Guilty, The One, and Amour le Parfum in the 'sweet' department anyday. I don't even want to give it the one lippie MUA is forcing me to give, sigh..

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2011 11:57:00 AM More reviews by missmshl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

the bottle is so misleading to me. i expected a very heavy, cloying, dark, woodsy scent, but it's really not. it's light for an oriental fragrance, but it has GREAT sillage and also lasts 10+ hours. the drydown smells like viva la juicy to me. it's not such a unique fragrance; there are a lot that smell *similar*, but this one is perfect.. a lot of other orientals tend to have a little too much of this and that or lack that oomph, but this has it all! good example, i hear often that it smells like lancome hypnose.. and it does except lancome hypnose is more 'flat' and has less character (probably because of the lack of fruit notes). other fragrances that smell similar include armani code, carolina herrera 212, viva la juicy, britney spears fantasy. i've tried nearly every 'popular' floral oriental, and i've finally found the one that has a balance of everything! try this one out; you won't be disappointed!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No