November 26, 2014 | 1699 users online

Crème - Cover Girl - Aqua Smooth Make-Up - Creamy Natural 720

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2014 10:14:00 PM More reviews by TheMickster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this after reading reviews and hearing good things. I must admit I had high expectations. I have somewhat combination skin, oily t zone but normal everywhere else. Its also somewhat acne prone lately and can occasionally have dry spots. It is also quite sensitive.

Upon opening, I realized that the packaging was humungous for such a tiny amount of product. I was also questioning why the mirror was so small if the compact was so large...? Weird .
I noticed the sponge and thought to myself "bacteria".
I applied it with a clean foundation brush. I had to apply quickly because the product was fast drying.
It went from a creme to a powder finish. I looked fresh faced and healthy and it had a decent medium but buildable coverage.
My bronzer and blush blended well with this product.
So it DID look great upon application but this lasted about 3-4 hours tops.
I noticed after a while it had settled into my pores and My skin looked awful. It had a streaky, slick\oily look but also unbelievably huge dry patches. Now, I am currently combatting acne with bp (hello dryness!) But I had used a primer and moisturizing lotion previous to application, so my skin shouldn't have appeared to be this dry. It was literally flaking ew. I also noticed that it had enhanced fine lines around my eyes, making me appear much older than I am. The color wasn't the greatest match because I couldn't see the actual product before buying.
There was no off-putting scent to the product, which was a plus. A minus was the two huge cystic pimples that popped up while wearing this foundation. I don't know if the foundation was to blame 100% but I never changed anything else in my skincare routine, so to make an educated guess I am just putting two and two together.

In conclusion, I am not happy with the product. I am not the type of person that likes to reapply my makeup every 3-5 hours. I would not purchase this again. This may work well for some people, but it just wasn't right for me. Thankfully I was able to return it and grab another foundation a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2014 4:21:00 PM More reviews by naturalbeaut

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have used this makeup (in Ivory #705) off and on since my early twenties. I have a fair complexion with uneven skin tone (some redness, and some slight tone variations). I've gotten more comfortable with my bare skin and its imperfections in recent years, so I rarely use this product now, but it is still my go-to for special occasions. Aqua Smooth covers the redness beautifully and evens out my skin tone. My skin always gets compliments when wearing this makeup. I love how it doesn't make your face look dry, and it is one step and you are done! I'm a makeup minimalist, so that appeals to me.
The reason I only gave it 4 out of 5 on the rating, is that it gets on other people's clothing when you go in for hugs. That can be embarrassing! You could set it with powder though and possibly minimize that effect, but it definitely does not stay in place well on its own.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by shellykins

I like this product. It is full coverage. I am older and have dry skin so I don't find it very moisturizing. A plus is that it has SPF 15 as I live in Florida. I have been using this for a couple of years!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2014 10:57:00 PM More reviews by SamaelsMom

I'm not sure if I would buy this again. it says its supposed to be moisturizing,but I don't find it gives any moisture. it gives light coverage, more like a tinted moisturizer. it won't cover most dark spots for acne scars. it covers pretty evenly and goes on smooth. it would be great for someone who wants light coverage but doesn't have very dry skin

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by tm1999

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the makeup I use in the winter time.My skin gets very dry and flaky.I normally use Estee Lauder double wear foundation;but because my skin gets too dry in the winter time.I use cover girl aquasmooth
in creamy natural.It is a cream to powder finish.I like this better than Bobbi Brown's cream to powder foundation.Cover girl aquasmooth lasts longer than the bobbi brown foundation.This price for this is great 8.00
US$ at the drugstore. I highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2013 12:16:00 PM More reviews by runswthscissors

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wore this in high school for dance competitions where we needed full coverage and great staying power. I loved it then and I had great skin in high school but when I went to cosmetology school I decided I needed more "grown-up" or "professional" makeup so I dabbled in bare minerals and other mineral makeup, various liquid foundations including MAC, Sephora, Clinique, Tarte, etc. I wanted to like tinted moisturizers for the natural look but I disliked the coverage so I tried BB creams (both Asian and American) and I completely forgot about this until I was in Walmart the other day looking for an inexpensive concealer to carry in my purse. I noticed this familiar package and went home to read reviews to see if it seemed as great as I remembered. The reviews backed up my memories and it seemed to be what I wanted all along. I went out and bought it right away. This color is a really good match but the shade range does leave something to be desired. I'm pretty pale (for my standards) with neutral undertones and this was the second darkest shade at Ulta but there are way more colors available online. I also moisturize and use a primer so I can't say anything for those abilities but the finish is build-able and natural and feels very light on the skin. It's fragrance free and oil free so hopefully I won't break out but I'll update if I do. I do want to note that it smells like makeup though. Old-fashioned stage makeup, which reminds me of dance recitals and my mother so it brings back pleasant memories but it's worth mentioning.

UPDATE 5/3/13: I don't plan to repurchase this simply because the company tests on animals. I knew that when I bought it and I thought I would be okay with it "if it worked" but I won't be buying it again. I'm not changing my rating because it really works well as a makeup and didn't cause any breakouts.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2013 2:42:00 PM More reviews by asunta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this based on the reviews and watching you tube videos. I bought the buff because i have yellow undertones. Its ok, not better than revlon colorstay imo.I think you need to have amazing almost flawless skin for this to work well. I like the way it glides on but the colour has almost a greyish cast and the others would be way too pink. It doesnt cover fully, i still need to conceal and it lasts from morning till mid afternoon. And I still need to blot alot. The first time I wore it alone and it was too shiny, next I wore it with powder but I see alot of flakies. I will keep using for the winter as it is moisturizing. A little blush helps pick up color in my cheeks. I like the packaging too, its easy for touch ups, but I dont think i will repurchase

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2013 9:08:00 PM More reviews by crazyirishchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried this foundation due to the numerous positive reviews. I used to use Cover Girl when I was in college and never had an issue with it. In 2002 when the mineral make-up craze began I switched over. Now that the company that I purchase my mineral make-up through discontinued my color I decided to give this foundation a go. I purchased a Sigma F80 brush to use with the cream foundation. The coverage is very good in my opinion and I was easily able to blend it and it does look very natural. It is very creamy and does not feel overly oily.

But... My poor sensitive skin did not like it. I only used it 4 times (with clean tools every time) and I broke out very badly. I think it was because my skin had become used to the minimalist approach with the mineral foundation. I am very bummed. I was hoping to find a drugstore solution to my foundation but this is a total bust. I ended up emailing my mineral make-up company for help with what colors to blend to get the discontinued shade I used to purchase. I have ordered more of my Everyday Minerals.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2012 5:49:00 PM More reviews by Emily0816

First the good:
- this is better than the expensive Laura Mercier cream foundation
- blends easily for a cream (I'm pale and the ivory shade works on me)
- feels good on skin (not tacky)
- doesn't look matte or too shiny
- minimizes pores and fine lines, unlike some foundations that bring out lines I didn't know I had
- evens skin tone
For reference, I usually use La Mer TM.

Now the bad:
- you need to use a light hand to avoid getting the foundation caked into pores, which means that using enough to cover obvious discoloration or blemishes could leave you with peau d'orange (orange peel skin).
- it drags on and brings out dry spots (in fairness, I've never found a foundation that doesn't do this to some extent, but this is worse than a liquid foundation - it acts more like a powder and shows you EXACTLY where you need to exfoliate).
- turns powdery and can start to look like makeup and age skin,especially under bright light.
- I hardly ever break out from products, but I had 5 zits the morning after using this
- the packaging is bulky

Notes on contouring makeup technique:
I used ivory and soft honey (for contouring under the cheekbones, sides of nose, top of forehead, and jawline) and was... 80% successful. I blame my technique rather than the product for the somewhat streaky finish of the soft honey. I'd recommend first covering your entire face in the base shade, then blending contour over it. Some artists recommend starting with contour, but this makeup is too slippery for that. When you blend the contour shade, make sure you aren't blending it too aggressively toward the hairline or you could get balled-up foundation residue in your hair. Start with a thin line under cheekbones and blend down, not out.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2012 4:22:00 AM More reviews by retrochick101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's a really good product for my oily skin - I just lightly wipe some of this on and top it with a few pats of Maybelline Fit Me powder (115) and my skin looks absolutely flawless!

On my lighter days, I use BB Cream and some of this as concealer, which works perfectly.
My only complaints are that the packaging is a bit bulky - I would prefer a smaller compact style, and that on my skin it isn't ultra long-lasting without powder. And it is a bit expensive for my budget, but most makeup is pricier in Australia, so I'm rather used to it.