August 20, 2014 | 2042 users online

Bronzers - Sue Devitt - Gold Coast Bronzing Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2013 7:48:00 PM More reviews by danchung811

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm NC 15 Asian, and this is a neutral RED brown. Yes, it is too reddish even for a bronzer, though gorgeous in itself. What I use instead of this: (1) 'Taupe Shape' from 'MAC'; (2) 'Creamy Cocoa' from L.A. Colors (http://www.lacolors.com/Mineral-Pressed-Powder-1266.html).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

Let me start by saying the company I ordered this from sent me Gold Coast by accident- I ordered Sue Devitt's Beau Bronze- and I was angry that they sent me the wrong product! I tried to contact the company by email and complained, but I never got a response; and the bronzer was sent in an envelope- and oddly- with NO return address label. Don't know what the story with THAT was... but anyway, this error actually worked out in my favor! I figured since I couldn't send it back, I might as well try it... and voila! It's magnificent! If I had to throw out every blush & bronzer I own and keep only one... this would be the one! I could never say I had an HG blush/bronzer... but now, here it is! The color of this bronzer is perfect for my (MAC NW20) skin tone, and it is very natural-looking on me. It is one of those colors that brightens my eyes and makes me look healthy and my skin look nice. I can't really describe the color exactly, but it is a neutral tan with slight shimmer? I have some rosacea, so this tones down any excess pink on my cheeks and mutes the redness and makes my skin look healthy and bright instead of a sickly, fevered pink. I LOVE it! I have been using it everyday, and I hope it is still available when I use the whole thing up. The pigmentation on this product is excellent, as it easily picks up on my brush and applies in a few, short, strokes across my cheeks. Lasts ALL day, too! I would definitely repurchase this- as long as it's still available when I need it. GREAT PRODUCT!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by carray10

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Oh, my annual bronzer search is over, and in March! And when I say annual bronzer search, I don't mean that I find one each summer that I'm happy with, I mean that every spring/summer I decide I have to try again to find a bronzer that makes me happy and to replace my old favorite (now discontinued, of course) Estee Lauder Amber Bronze in Dark Duo, but I NEVER FIND A NEW ONE AND I GIVE UP AND START OVER AGAIN NEXT SPRING! Well, here it is, voila, Sue Devitt Gold Coast Bronzer. It is perfection - ZERO orange, very slight pearl effect - just enough to add life and just a little lustre. It can be used all over the face to add colour and blend in my concealer. It leans more towards a rosy colour, not muddy at all. I LOVE it! I don't know all the complexion lingo - NC---, but I am fair to medium with yellow undertones. Hope this helps!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2009 9:20:00 PM More reviews by niclyf

Gold Coast is definitely a great bronzer and one I'm sure I'll finish. On my MMM skintone, this is a great shade that has zero orange tones, and enough shimmer to prevent it from looking too matte, but not enough shimmer that it makes my face look like a disco ball. I've always loved SD anything for face because it has never caused a conflict with my skin, and this is just as reliable as anything else I've tried. Definitely a great bronzer in my stash!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2005 1:54:00 AM More reviews by juliah1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Just to let you know - they changed the color of the Gold Coast Bronzer recently to a darker brown (and also the square box to a round one, at least this is an improvement). I got the old one about two months ago, loved it and wanted to get another one as a gift for a friend. The tester was still the old color, but the actual thing is so much darker. I had to try it and really can't use it at all. So if you're medium or fair - watch out! I'm using mine now only to special occasions...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2005 8:53:00 PM More reviews by kawaiichan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yay! I finally jumped on the Gold Coast bandwagon! I've tried a few other bronzers before I bought this and I'm happy that this doesn't make me look fake/orange. It's muted, non-shimmery, soft sort of terracotta. You need a light hand when applying this because it's possible to overdo. A bit pricey [I paid $30 USD at Sephora] but at least I don't need to go searching for another bronzer [this and last summer's LORAC BEACH BAG bronzer are the best, imo]. I really want to check out the Sunkissed version of this but my Sephora didn't sell that one.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2004 3:25:00 AM More reviews by PredominantlyPurple

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this. I'm very pale, so I was looking for something to take the edge off my paleness rather than to actually make me look brown. This is perfect! It gives me a glow without looking fake or orange, it's really easy to apply, and as I only use a light dusting it will last me forever!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2004 10:22:00 AM More reviews by ziebam

Gold Coast is a great bronzer. This deep dark tan shade with slight shimmer gives a nice tan without any orange to it. Comes in a large black case, which i dont like. I find SD blush and bronzer cases slightly hard to open. Compared with my other two favorite bronzers, this one is the darkest. Nars Laguna is paler and a little more golden perfect for pale skin tones while my Laura Geller Bronze and Brighten is a tad lighter than this one with less golden shimmer and easier to apply. This product needs a light hand or you will get too much color. Its better for those looking for alot of color or those with darker skintones. No breakouts and lasts all day. and this is more of a straight bronzer compared to the Sunkissed Gold Coast bronzer which is more of an allover blush color. I really like this but it takes a light hand for golden brown tan color. No orangeness at all! retails for $30.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2004 10:57:00 AM More reviews by neblina

Wow, the reviews are true! Gold Coast gives out the best fake tan ever! And no one will ever know it's fake. A light/medium caramel shade, absolutely no orange in there, with a tiny bit of shimmer just to spice it up, this bronzer looks so natural it's mind boggling. I apply it with Bobbi Brown Face Brush: swirl the brush on the powder, then shake off the excess. The powder is very finelly milled, so it is essencial to shake the excess, since it does load up. Love this, love it, love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2004 11:08:00 AM More reviews by missdaisy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used Benefit's Hoola for years before I tried this. I like it just as much as Hoola and maybe even more. The color is natural and warm without making me look like I rolled around in dirt. I'm pretty pale right now and it still looks natural, so I can only imagine how much I will love this once I get the fake tan going. Make sure to use a nice big fluffy brush with this and you will be in love with this bronzer too!!