October 1, 2014 | 1030 users online

Skincare - Face - Boots - Botanics Aromatherapy cooling gel - Lavender

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 5:37:00 PM More reviews by HEC1966

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this lavender gel as part of a gift box that Boots were selling and it was in my cupboard for ages before I tried it. I put it on my temples, frown lines and under my nose at bedtime. I had the best night's sleep in ages, dropping off straight away and sleeping solidly until morning. I recommend this gel to anyone who has trouble getting off to sleep.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2009 10:06:00 PM More reviews by 1Green

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great lavender scent. It is cooling and relaxing. As with all the Boots botanics, it has real lavender essential oil and is so much better than other lavender products other companies make (with the exception of L'occitane who has exceptional lavender products but nothing like this). Unfortunately this item is not available in the US and Boots will not ship items from their website to the US. Stock up when in the UK.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2008 8:02:00 AM More reviews by kekecat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This stuff is such a litle gem to have and so useful. I bought it initially because I love lavender in aromatherapy applications and thought it would be useful to have around. It is good for sunburn as it is very cooling (as named!) and takes the heat out of it. Also good on burns from my straighteners and a little on the temple relieves tension headaches. It comes in a medium sized tube of 50ml which lasts forever - at only 3.99 its a steal! It can be bought online.

I find it most useful for when my skin is breaking out in spots and I mix a little in with my moisturiser. It is antibacterial and helps to heal problems quicker but is gentle at the same time. If its really bad, a drop of tea tree oil works well with it too. Being in a gel base it is easy to apply and sinks in fast. When used on my face it leaves a matt finish and doesn't produce shine later. Its not going to get rid of acne though.

However, the smell is very lavender scented, so anyone who hates it is not going to love this product. Also please be aware that it is an aromatherapy product and contains real lavender oil (not just a perfume). Having said that, the quantities of oil are not going to be terribly high but just be careful not to apply too close to the eyes.