September 2, 2014 | 1295 users online

Shampoo - Live Clean - (Fresh Water) Moisturizing Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2014 10:05:00 AM More reviews by Ds011

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this shampoo twice or three times so far and I could definitely say that it is very moisturising and it will leave your hair super soft!! I like to use this especially near my ends because I want to clean my hair but also make sure the bottom portion of my hair is soft. This shampoo doesn't lather like commercial shampoos but that's because it doesn't have harsh chemicals like most shampoos you could get.. maybe if you're someone who doesn't wash their hair frequently because you want to keep your natural oils, wash your hair twice when using this shampoo because then you'll get a better clean. I really want to try the conditioner now because this shampoo already makes my hair feel really smooth and soft but also has this light, clean smell to it. The price is a bit expensive like it's around $10 which could add up overtime especially if you are buying this with the conditioner, but seriously, if you have dry or rough hair then try this shampoo to make your hair more softer. :D

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2014 8:53:00 PM More reviews by klseey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Every once in a while I like to switch up my shampoo and conditioner, but I ALWAYS end up coming right back to this one! It makes my hair feel insanely clean and soft, and its also very light! There is never any residue left behind, unlike a lot of other shampoos.
I use a lot of heat styling tools on my hair and this helps to keep my hair moisturized and soft! People can't stop touching my hair.
It makes it incredibly shiny.
In terms of packaging, the only downside is that I can't seem to find anywhere to purchase it in a larger bottle.
Absolute favourite shampoo.
However, this is the only shampoo from Live Clean that I have liked.
The damage therapy shampoo was awful and left a gunky residue in my hair, and weighed it down a lot.
Love, love, LOVE this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2014 8:38:00 PM More reviews by autumnsylver

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I tried the professional line, and it made my scalp insanely itchy. I decided to try the moisturizing line because now that it's winter and my hair is getting a bit frizzy, it needs a little extra moisture. I also thought that since it's moisturizing, it wouldn't irritate my scalp. Wrong.
This line made my scalp insanely itchy too, but this time, it also burned slightly after using it for about 3 weeks. I stopped using it over a month ago, and my scalp is still irritated and itchy.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2013 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Sky75

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When I came home for thanksgiving I noticed my sisters hair was twice as long as it was in August. I asked her how she grew it so fast. She told me to use this shampoo because it doesn't contain a lot of chemicals. She used this for two months and her hair grew tremendously. I dye my hair blonde so it use to be very damaged and dry. I took my sister's advice and starting using this shampoo. Now it's all I use, I will never go back to shampoo's that contain lots of chemicals. My hair grew super fast and became healthy. The price is very affordable and the bottle lasts a long time. You only need a little. I recommend this product to everyone especially if you are trying to grow your hair!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2013 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Kristine11

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First, let me say this product was pretty much my last attempt at fixing my HORRIBLY dry and damaged hair, before just giving up. I just did an at home avocado treatment which left my hair in much worse condition than when I started. I have a bathroom full of shampoo and treatments, all price ranges. Everything, I mean everything, has left my hair in its usual "straw" state. This morning I was even considering having it cut off. The length is well past my shoulders and cutting it is an extreme last resort. I was reading on the internet about hair that can be "protein sensitive." When you do a protein treatment and your hair already has enough protein, it will leave your hair hard, very dry, almost crispy. This is what has happened with each treatment I have done, so the article I read finally produced that "Ah-ha" moment for me. Everything I have been using has some form of protein, plus alcohol, which doesn't help either. This product has no protein or alcohol, mainly natural ingredients. Well, I have to say I was just shocked when I shampooed and my hair already felt softer. After the conditioner, the results were even better! Soft, silky. No more crunchy, frizzy. So I will be buying this product again...for sure! As with any product, everyone will have a different outcome due to different hair needs. Mine needs moisture, NOT protein, so this is a miracle product for me...finally!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2013 7:50:00 AM More reviews by candybum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This shampoo is Ok. I have kind of dry hair, but I've been growing out my hair color to return to my natural color, and this shampoo seems a bit too heavy for my virgin hair. I use it with the conditioner(which I like, but use sparingly) but even after I just wash my hair, it feels a tad heavy. It smells amazing, and it foams up nicely, and it has a lot of natural ingredients. I think if you have fine or normal hair, this might be too moisturizing, but if you do need some extra moisture, this might be right. I just feel like it leaves my hair a bit..."filmy". So I will use the rest, but I think I'll keep searching for my HG.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2013 5:47:00 PM More reviews by Bellona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'll never try any of these shampoos and conditioners again. You can read my reviews for the argan/restorative line as well. I tried this brand because its marketed as "clean" meaning no dangerous chemicals and environmentally/ethically responsible.
Both lines (moisturizing and restorative) irritated my scalp terribly. At first I thought it was just the restorative line, and so tried moisturizing. But now my scalp is beyond irritated. It's horrible. I've broken out in itchy hive-like spots all over the back of my scalp. It burns and itches like hell.
And now that it's so irritated and "rashy" anything else I put on my scalp just burns :( I don't know how to heal it without going weeks without washing my hair? And even then, I think the dirt & oil build-up would cause problems. I so wish I never tried this crap. I'm sure it was the extremely heavy use of chemical fragrance in this line that caused irritation. I have eczema on my hands and usually anything too heavily scented will bother my hands. It's almost like this shampoo & conditioner gave me eczema on my scalp!
I don't know how a company that sells itself as clean and not using harmful additives can use so much artificial fragrance????
NEVER AGAIN

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 8:29:00 PM More reviews by lilshaxter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After my first disaster with sulfate free shampoos I was tentative to try anything else that made the claim. As re-cap, I developed a really itchy scalp and had to switch back to my regular shampoo after using the organix brand.
Then my friend recommended how much she liked this and I picked it up - and I am so glad I did! There seems to be a lot of benefits - sulfate free, paraben free, 98% plant derived, vegan, etc so those were benefits in themself.
But I really like this shampoo because even though it's light it still manages to clean my scalp. It's also thick enough to be moisturising - and paired with the conditioner I don't really need to use my hair masks as often (use them about once every 12 days). It's a good shampoo and works well for me. I can manage to wash my hair and not have to do so again for another 5 days, but it's probably because I don't have a very oily scalp to begin with.
My hair is naturally brown, wavy and frizzy. My 2nd day hair after shampooing and conditioning is pretty tame. It doesn't look dry and that's what I like about it. Gives me that small kick of moisture that I need. It also smoothens out my locks a bit so that I don't look like a jungle cat.
Another thing I like about this shampoo is that it smells amazing. It's a light floral scent that smells clean. It's floral-clean smelling, not floral-sweet. You'll smell like girl when you come out the shower basically.
The price is pretty decent. I picked it up on sale for $5 at shoppers. I've seen them regularly reduced to $6 sometimes so just keep a lookout.
Normal packaging - slightly on the cute side with the bottle shape.
I would buy this product again because it seems to have worked the best compared to all the other products I've tried out there. Moving on to my 2nd bottle!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 6:09:00 PM More reviews by guitarheroine91

I am finally doing a review of this product, and I can most definitely say, this product deserves it!

I love the fact this is a natural, plant based and non tested on animals product. Those are all wonderful things, but what good are they if the product sucks?

I recently decided to turn my life into the (nature conscious ) side of things. I bought this shampoo as my hair is color treated and the ends can be dry. Did I say can be? They always are. After washing with this shampoo I was amazed at how well it lathered and how little I needed. I really needed only a quarter sized amount for my past the shoulders, incredibly thick hair.

The next thing that amazed me was that after rinsing this shampoo out of my hair, my hair felt as if it had undergone conditioning at well. It left my hair THAT moisturized.

So yes, I am in love with this product. It cost me 7 bucks, but for the tiny amount i use each time, it is well worth it! I am definitely going to pick up the conditioner, as I ended up using the Pink Fire color protect conditioner, and my review for that one isn't as glowing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2012 7:11:00 PM More reviews by viennah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried this as well as the argan line by Live Clean, both are wonderful in my hair! True, it's not as amazing as certain pricey salon products, but when the cash is tight, there is no other drugstore brand I will put in my hair! anything from the drugstore leaves my hair dull, dry, frizzy, rebellious... Live Clean is the exception! My hair comes out feeling stronger, shiney and more managable. I love that this is an eco-friendly company as well, and there is "no junk" in their products. After being constantly disappointed by drugstore hair products, and I've tried them all, I'm so glad I finally found this brand. LOVE it.