Everyday Minerals Sparkle Beige

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

on 9/10/2010 2:49:00 AM

this is neither sparkly nor beige but more of a frosty off white. it is a very pretty highlight for the cheks and eyes and i will wear it often. if you want something with more shimmer check out champagne. everyday minerals is a crruelty free vegan company and i love their products.

on 11/25/2008 4:40:00 PM

Another happy customer here. Grabbed this in my latest sample kit to see what it was like, and it's nice and sparkly. Super neutral, and I'm not sure people with a tan could wear this too well, but I'm ghosty pale, so it works well for me. This is quite neutral, but has enough frosty color in it that it might show up as a pale smear if you're not careful. I used it on my cheeks and eyes today, and it's still visible. I can cleary see the sparkles on my cheeks when I look in my compact, so if the word "sparkle" in the product name didn't warn you enough, take heed. Really nice simple highlighter - I wish their light pink blush still had this much sparkle. This will probably become a regular in my makeup routine.

on 8/16/2008 10:33:00 PM

LOVE this product! It's a great highlighter, blends wonderfully onto my cheeks and brows, and still looks natural! It adds that "dewy" look without overwhelming shimmer, and is a great everyday highlighter for me. Unfortunately, the picture is very inaccurate on EDM's website. The actual color is very neutral, not too warm, not too cool, and goes on quite sheer. I would compare it to "Fresh Air" but less bright and warm. I also use it as highlighter for my bottom eyelids instead of a white eye pencil, and it definitely opens up my eyes!

on 7/12/2008 6:49:00 PM

Sparkle Beige is described on the EDM website as "a very light cream-coloured fine white sparkle that's to be used as an all over face or as a mixing powder to lighten and glow", and I'd say the description is very accurate. The swatch on the site is not, though - in the pot Sparkle Beige really is beige, not even close to the plummy grey the website shows.

It shows up on my fairly pale skin as a discreet, off-white shimmer. The overall effect is not glittery or even frosty, as the sparkle really is very finely milled, but more of a natural-looking glow, which is exactly what I was hoping for. It's perfect as a subtle highlighter.

I've been wearing it as a browbone highlighter for a couple of days now, and the lasting power is excellent on me. I put it on over twelve hours ago, on top of my regular sunblock eye cream with no base or lid primer, and it's still there, looking pretty much as it did when I applied it. The consistency is smooth, almost creamy, it doesn't look in the least chalky on me and it's easily applied where you want it without making a sparkly mess over the rest of your face.

I imagine that Sparkle Beige would suit almost anyone. It's a fairly neutral off-white, neither icy white nor very warm-toned.
There's nothing terribly special about it, it's very much a boring basic kind of colour - it's just so darn good at what it does, better than any other highlighter I've tried, and so inexpensive at that. I will definitely buy a full-size of this as soon as my sample is running low.