April 17, 2014 | 2008 users online

Eye Shadow - Everyday Minerals - Glass Bottom Boat

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2011 11:53:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

The color of GBB is beautiful but the quality is rubbish. Buy another brand. Two colors I think look similar that are easier to work with are Pure Luxe's loose mineral shadow "Cabana", is almost an exact match (even though it seems brighter in the jar it applies lighter). Also Mac's "Warm Chill" from the 2008 Cool Heat collection, is similar but more frosty and of course it's more richly pigmented.

Ok now I'll review. Like Batfat saya, Glass Bottom Boat is the prettiest pale green with subtle sky blue flash - but only concept. Practically it is extremely SHEER, goes on unevenly then blends away to almost nothing leaving barely there baby blue sparkles that seem to migrate to anywhere and everywhere. The only way I can get it to actually stick to my skin and show up for more than 5 minutes is to apply with a damp to wet cotton bud or Q-Tip. It doesn't work any other way for me, not with primers, brushes, buffers, fingers, eyeliner sealers, nothing. But I don't think I'll bother to try this difficult eyeshadow again I'll just buy another brand.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2009 4:22:00 PM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I normally wouldnt wear a color like this but I'm so glad I tried it. This is a beautiful pale green with this amazing blue shimmer in it. I changes colors depending on how your looking at it. I did have to wet it for it to really show up but once I did I loved it! I used w/ UDPP and it lasted all day.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2008 11:20:00 PM More reviews by BatFat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't know why the website calls this a tropical shade...it's a verrrrry pale green with a sky blue flash.

I don't really know how to use this...it hardly shows up on my skintone...perhaps i should just pat it over a blue or green shadow to create some effects.

would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2008 12:59:00 AM More reviews by tia347

This color is a nice color. It is a very light green with some shimmer. It is a nice color to pair with other colors but it doesn't do much for me all alone.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2008 4:34:00 PM More reviews by Dell126

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Even with primer this color is hardly noticeable.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2008 4:42:00 PM More reviews by bubbleheart

This is a very pretty pale turqoise green shade. Its got lovely shimmer of the same color that really makes this color - if it were matte it certainly wouldnt hold the same appeal. As lovely as it appears on its own it is a tricky color to wear and I'd suggest anyone who is interested try a sample size first to make sure you can find a use for it. I cant wear it very well alone - on my yellow undertones it doesnt work very well but overtop of my darker purple or brown eyeshadows it just looks absolutely stunning as a wash of greenish sparkle. If you are planning on wearing it alone - it is not a deeply pigmented shade and even foiled will not make a dramatic eye by any means. I would definitely but it again for the use I listed above - it is really such a pretty color when you find a way to use it that works for you.