October 31, 2014 | 824 users online

Eyes - Avon - BIG COLOR eye pencil

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2013 1:58:00 PM More reviews by taralynn36

I purchased these years ago and wasn't impressed. Then I purchased two of the Eye Brightening LE that was in the outlet to round up my order so I could get free shipping. I immediately ordered the other Eye Brightening and a couple of the lighter normal versions. I think where I went wrong years ago was that I didn't use a primer. I now use these with a primer and as a base for a matching eye shadow. My shadow lasts all day and looks just as perfect at 6 pm as it did at 6 am. The Eye Brightening LE line is absolutely gorgeous. I have all 4 colors and I love them all. You can frequently get any of these for around $2.99 which is a steal compared to Maybelline Color Tattoo or even a MAC Paint Pot. I have both and I love the Big Color Eye Pencil just as much.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2011 6:53:00 PM More reviews by Betzy04

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i bought two shades of this jumbo pencils cream and cocoa mauve. I use them frequently on my tear drop, they work alright for that. When i use it as a base for a shadow i notice my shadows crease a lot faster. Their super cheap, but i would not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2010 8:15:00 PM More reviews by adamsboo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this in Eggplant and Slate. Love Eggplant. I must have had a better experience than those below --- it glides on great for me. Color is nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2010 8:18:00 PM More reviews by polalola

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Really like these favorite is in vanilla
i didnt like slate very much

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2010 2:54:00 PM More reviews by kahassen

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I received the big color eye pencil today and i LOVE it. I got in in the color 'vanilla' and it works great as a highlighter or a shadow or a nude eyeliner for the waterline (just don't over do it and put too much). Its so versatile. I would re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2010 12:43:00 PM More reviews by GeekyMcGee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

By far my favourite of these oversized pencils is Slate, a cement-y brown shade. It's my go-to eye shadow most mornings, I love how it applies and it lasts and lasts on me. I have tried a couple other shades, Vanilla and Eggplant and didn't like them nearly as well. I found the colour didn't apply evenly for those shades, but I do like to use Eggplate under Slate once and awhile.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/17/2010 12:07:00 AM More reviews by its4kix

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in Eggplant, which is a very nice deep purple. But the eye pencil is AWFUL. It does not "glide on" my eyelids - it tugs! Avon's Big Color "Dazzlers" were much better - those eye pencils are soft and creamy and glide on much more easily. And the sparkle is a bonus!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2010 10:00:00 AM More reviews by jennadev74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this in black, I love everything about it but the packaging, I know its pencil, but it softer and large, and hard to sharpen. You waste alot of product. I do love how it goes on and easy to smudge in and make a smokey look very easily. Even though I hate the packaging I would buy again. I am bad at applying eye makeup and this makes it easier for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2010 2:20:00 PM More reviews by BeautyAddict12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this eye pencil in bluesmoke and celadon(a green color) after seeing on of the models in the catalog wearing them together and I thought it looked so nice. It has a creamy texture and you have to blend it in after but I found that you have to keep apply and blending for the color to be seen. I think the blue and grren combnation loks better on blue eyes but I stil can pull if off. I use them seperately now and the only reason I use them if to finish them off. The only way I'd buy this product again is if I buy a white color and use it as a highlighter under my eyebrow but other than that I will stay away fromt this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2010 11:14:00 AM More reviews by MaLove

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have several of these and love them. Night Glisten is compareable to MAC's Sharkskin Shadestick...which is why I tried them to begin with. I don't use them as "eye shadow" but instead I'll use them over primer as a "base"...Vanilla and Night Glisten are my favorite ones, both as a base and to line my waterline. When I take the extra time to line my upper waterline too these stay put all day long and I don't have to retouch my waterline at all. In my makeup aresenal I have backups of these two colors at all times.