December 19, 2014 | 1515 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Electro Flash - Odd Couple

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2012 6:30:00 PM More reviews by saradancexoxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LOVE IT! The gold shimmery color is just gorg! and the purple looks great on the crease and lower lash line!! Will defiantly repurchase!!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2011 3:15:00 PM More reviews by LHBCU

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this shadow on a blog sale for 5 and to be honest I probably wouldn't have been happy if I paid full price. The glittery side is pretty to look at but covers you in glitter unless applied wet which makes the colour very bronzey as opposed to the gold you see in the pan. As for the purple, it's again pretty to look at but I can't find a way to make it work without looking too heavy and bruise-like! :( No amount of video tutorials have helped! If you find a great way to use this duo I'd love to hear from you as at the moment, it's just a pretty thing I pull out to look at now and then!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2011 4:22:00 PM More reviews by jnn78

I am loving this eyeshadow duo! My sister got this for me for Christmas and the colors are amazing. At first I was not sure if they'd look good together, but when I tried them on, it looked awesome. I love the shimmery gold all over my lid and the purple in the crease :) I don't use any primer on my lids and the shadow still shows up perfectly. I love this combination and would recommend it to my friends. I am not sure how much this was, but usual MAC eyeshadow is around $14. This is worth the money, especially since they give you a lot of product in the container. Wonderful product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2011 3:03:00 PM More reviews by Do8666

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This color combo is great! I love the gold shade most. You can wear this lightly for a natural look, or layer it for a night out. I also love to used the gold for an eyeliner under my lower lashes. They blend well together, and I have not had any issues with fallout. This is definitely one of my favorite shadows, glad I've stocked up. :-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2010 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Gailkey2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love MAC odd couple for the most part. Yes , you do have to layer it a bit but when done, the purple was gorgeous!!! I put ove Urban decay's PP. lined my eyes and put the gold glitter side in the inner corners and underneath my eye. Fallout happened but it was very pretty!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2010 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Clythie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Other

This was part of the Electro Flash LE collection in the US in Europe it is a P. It is in the usual black packaging and contain 2.2 g / 0.07 us oz compaired to 1.5g / 0.05 oz (normal MAC e/s which costs 15). I paid 18 for this e/s duo

The e/s is mineralized and backed giving it that extra bit of sparkle. Still unsure what makes it an mineralized e/s. But for 2 colours it is cheap considering you pay 15 for one e/s.

It consists of 2 parts: a glittery gold with lilac veining and a cold deep purple. Althought the colours aren't 2 you would usually put together the work well togheter as well as seperate.

Gold colour: the gold colour (that leans towards bronze) has lilac veining in it that makes for a nice purple glow on the lids. One side of my gold side has considerable more veining. So i can get a gold colour and a gold/purple colour. It looks amazing on the lids, it gives them a wet-look. The only con is that the fallout is quite a lot and can be a big deal breaker. But in my opinion it is worth it.

Purple colour: Has bluey undertones and complements the gold colour. The colour is buildable which in my opinion is a big plus as it can look to dark when overapplied.

These 2 colours make for an amazing every day smokey eye, that can be applied subtle (gold on lid and purple in crease) or dramatic (purple on lid and gold in crease). They blend very well but I would recommend using a primer.

I would get another one of these but also would be interested in the other colours.

Edited 12 feb 2011
I have been using this alot and have noticed that the purple fades really easily on the lid even with primer, I don't know if it is due to the fact I have oily lids or the pigmentation is off. It turns into a very pale purple nothing like it is in the pot

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2010 3:50:00 AM More reviews by soniawonia

The gold side is gorgeous, the purple is just ok. Not very pigmented, sheer. Needs a lot of primer to show up. Maybe I need to break into it way more? I'm not totally disappointed though since the gold is perfect. Pigmented and has different colors and textures through it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2010 5:11:00 PM More reviews by Rebeccajw

This is one of my favorite eyeshadows. The colors work beautifully together. I usually use Naked Lunch as a wash, or maybe Vanilla pigment, and then use the golden color on the lower lid (it's a little too glittery to use as a wash, IMO), and use the purple (which is a very pretty shade) in the crease and as a liner. My only complaint would be that it tends to fade a bit, but aside from that, it's perfect! It also works well with UD's Lust eyeliner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2010 11:38:00 AM More reviews by carrasco

I cannot say enough good stuff about this eyeshadow duo. I love neutral eye color shades so obviously the gold side is the reason I bought this but the purple is amazing as well. The gold has purple and pink veining through it and I use that on my entire lid dry. I do have to build it up to the color I like. I usually don't build the purple up too dark. I like it as a pop of color on the lower lash line and a tad in the crease over the gold. Would def re-purchase but this is gonna last forever.
Update: I have recently pulled this back out and I've been using just the goldish side and used mulled cider in the outter corner just for a little definition. It looks marvelous!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2009 8:54:00 AM More reviews by georginaflower

The purple in this is devine. It is nicer and stronger than the similar looking purple from the normal range. There is slightly more of the other colour in the pot unfortunately although it is a nice colour, it is goldy. i prefer a silver or white to compliment the purple which acts as a highlighter.