September 1, 2014 | 1845 users online

Lip Gloss - Everyday Minerals - Spring Berries

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2010 12:48:00 PM More reviews by empty8_box9

I bought this product along with the "lemon spice" lip gloss thingy from EM because i heard that for some they were gritty or dry. Haven't tried spring berries on its own, but paired up with the lemon spice (which moisturizes) i LOVE it!!! .. It doesn't look like i'm wearing anything because it looks like my lip colour, but just that much more fuller! The only downside I see is that it doesn't last too long on your lips :/ Regardless,I will try this product without the "lemon spice" to see if it works just the same, but so far I will DEFINITELY repurchase =)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2010 4:06:00 PM More reviews by honu66

I bought this with high hopes, but am kinda disappointed. It goes on
kinda gritty and dry, but after it warms up to your body temp, the formulation on the lips do seem to warm up and become a bit creamier.
I don't think there is any SPF to it cuz it doesn't say on the label and there's no scent. The color goes on kinda matted and muted. I like the color, but it feels strange for a "lip gloss" to go on dry and gritty, which then melts to a creamy consistency on the lips. Again, I don't know if I got an "old" batch or if this is how all of them are...just odd.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/26/2010 1:55:00 PM More reviews by cork2win

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just bought this and the natural color and am really disappointed. The fact they call these "glosses" is just so misleading. As others have said, I had to literally drag the product across my lips and it was dry and hard to apply, and made my lips look horrible and wrinkled. And I just ordered this so I'm guessing I got the "new" formulation. If this is improved, I'd hate to have seen the old stuff. Not good at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2010 9:18:00 PM More reviews by birdiecat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this tinted lip balm, not too much color but enough to tell your wearing something. I really like this darker shade, I ordered a lighter one that didn't work for me at all (it looked very chalky).

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2010 3:39:00 AM More reviews by veggiebetty

Maybe I lucked out, but the Spring Berries lip balm I received was much better than I'd anticipated. After reading some of the other, more negative reviews, I had my doubts, but was happily surprised with its quality.

The consistency is smooth and even - I wouldn't say it's at all grainy or hard - although it applies more like a lipstick than a lip gloss. The color turned out to be a well-pigmented reddish mauve, which was very flattering on my fair, warm skin tone.

The only issues I have are that it doesn't seem to be super moisturizing and, like others have noted, the packaging is less than ideal. Since the lip balm doesn't retract all the way, you have to be careful when capping it. I also apply another layer of clear balm over it for shine and extra moisture, which looks great.

Even though Spring Berries is not so glossy or balm-y, I'd definitely consider it a good buy for its color, cost, and vegan ingredients. Fingers crossed you get a good batch!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2009 12:10:00 PM More reviews by ellwing

I liked the swatches of this product, but I'm really not impressed with it. Whatever I do with it, it doesn't give off any colour at all. I've heard this complaint about a few of the other colours too (though not about this specific one) so I guess I had a bad batch or something, but still... I even cut off the top trying to get some colour payoff but to no avail.

The consistency is very hard and it does not melt. It's a bit grainy, too. I don't like the smell and taste; it has a chemical feel to me. And the sticker with the name is over the closure of the cap. It won't stay on after I removed it for opening, so I had to write the name on the tube with a marker to tell it apart from the other colours...

I emailed EDM about this failure twice but never got a reply. This is the reason I gave this product such a bad review.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2009 10:03:00 PM More reviews by brkrtxbrb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

**This is for the New formula and packaging in white!
***SEE EDIT
I own three of the new formula lippies and they are a serious improvement over the old! Extremely smooth, no graininess whatsoever, moisturizing and with just the right amount of colour payoff. The old tubes had stiffer product and uneven application. The new tubes are a dream to use! They really improved the formulas for all their lippies. Bamboo is another excellent colour. It is a good every day colour, more natural and such. Pink Lemonade is a frosty light pink. Most women are not going to find this wearable on its own and will need to use a light hand when applying, otherwise you will end up with teeny bopper lips. I find it applying a clear gloss with it helps.

The Spring Berries swatch on MUA is more accurate than the swatch on EDM's site. Theirs makes it look somewhat orangey for some reason.

It's important to note that while there is colour payoff, it's still sheer enough to be layered. So it's not heavy at all, in look or feel. It isn't sticky or wet feeling. There is just the right amount or hint of shine. Very appropriate for work or a night out. This would make a great lippie for brides.

In conclusion, EDM has greatly improved their lippies and the new ones are worth trying. If you can find swatches online, refer to those because EDM's aren't super accurate (still).

****EDIT: Uh oh, looks like lippie started getting a grainy texture. Sigh, why can't EDM figure this out? The colour and such is still good but the lippie now has a grainy thing going. I miss the smooth glide it used to have. Now it's like 'eh' when I apply, no longer a nice smooth feel.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2009 2:04:00 PM More reviews by KingTaco

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Really bad - the balm has a nice color, but it's hard and grainy and doesn't slick on at all. I had to tug it across my lips to get any color on, and then I had to pick off the grainy part from my lips.

It was difficult to open, too, since the label covered the cap and the label is almost like a security device, it's so cumbersome to remove.

I am NOT impressed at all. It's pretty much useless to me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2009 1:24:00 AM More reviews by JessyxLin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was also expecting a lip gloss rather than a balm when ordering. It was included free when I was ordering the products I purchased. I'm a yellow undertone and it also complements my skin and face. It's very moisturizing and sort of has an olive oil smell. The color payoff is very good, and wouldn't mind purchasing when i'm out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2009 11:52:00 AM More reviews by isabella0702

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

sure its not a gloss, its in a more chap stick tube. but it's inside what counts. i love this. its practical i can just whip it out of my purse and apply it w.o a mirror. its like a very pigmented tinted lip balm. it does feel gloss on the lips to me. give it a try