November 27, 2014 | 949 users online

Powder - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish Duo in Light Medium Natural / Shimmer

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2012 10:48:00 AM More reviews by powersuit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A friend gave me this to try. Now I am doomed to buy this costly but amazing product for life! It is air light, and makes me look completely poreless and without a single skin flaw! I literally look 10 yrs younger, and that's a feat considering that I have discoloration, fine lines, and large pores! I do my regular makeup routine, but once I apply this as a finisher, the magic happens! I haven't stepped out feeling this confident about my face in yrs!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2011 12:41:00 PM More reviews by adikted2makeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this duo! I don't have bad skin so I don't really use foundation unless its for a special event, so I like to use this to set my foundation sometimes. I do sometimes also use it alone because it is not as cakey as other Mac powders and goes on smoothly. I have tried it both with powder brush and a pad on my face and it does an excellent job both ways. With the powder brush if you graze it over your foundation it will definitely set it, but if you want more coverage you can use the brush and pat down the powder on areas you need it. And then of course the pad gives you the most coverage.

As for the shimmer I love it and use it as a highlight over my cheekbones and as well as under my eyebrows. I use a very gentle hand with it because it is quite shimmery, so a little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2010 8:12:00 PM More reviews by hellomelia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I picked this up at my local CCO and boy am I glad I did. This on top of my Revlon Photoready makes my skin look FLAWLESS. I don't find the shimmer to be that overwhelming unless you really pack it on. I just use a brush to sweep it on lightly and its perfect. I'm even thinking of stocking up on this. I love love love this product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2010 3:20:00 AM More reviews by blatantdream

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like that this is 2 products in one. But I don't like that when I just want to pickup the natural side I sometimes get a bunch of shimmer. I actually have this in Medium and I use it to set my foundation most of the time. It's great for that purpose. The other use I have found for it is to use it on top of my BB cream to give me a bit more coverage. It's an alternative to using mineral foundation. The shimmer side I mostly use for highlighting. When you look at my compact you will see the done has flattened on the natural side but the shimmer side still has the dome. Maybe it would have been better to decrease the shimmer side and put more of the natural side in. When I'm finished with this I will definitely repurchase....just not the duo. I will only need to purchase the natural since I still have plenty of the shimmer left.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2010 1:30:00 PM More reviews by VintagePhoto

The MSF side is good for setting my liquid foundation, without providing much coverage. I use the shimmer side either for a cheekbone highlight, or to highlight my brows. Its shimmery, but not sparkly. This is LE and you can probably find it at your CCO, but i think it's worth it since you get a MSF + MSFN in the same duo.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2009 10:14:00 PM More reviews by xoxjulie21xox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Great to set your foundation, and comes with a highlighter? who wouldn't love it, it seems likes its a hit or a miss on here, I got mine at the cco, gotta love that store!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2009 10:49:00 PM More reviews by maddsox

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I am not a fan of the DUO. I bought this at my local CCO. My main complaint is that the shimmer is SUPER glittery and FULL of sparkle. I have to be super careful with using this as not to pick up too much of the shimmer.

I like this as a highlighter, but I reach for my other MSF's more often.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/30/2009 5:43:00 PM More reviews by fahzybear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree with the comments that the powder coverage is a bit too light for my taste. I bought this to cover up some light freckles I have on my cheeks and nose (I am asian). I feel that is does a semi ok job but that the powder definitely rubs off in a few hours. I just don't have the time at work to constantly monitor my makeup. Also the highlighter side is just way too glittery, I prefer prestige's sunbaked mineral highlighter. And the most annoying thing is that if you're not careful, you end up very easily mixing up the foundation and highlighter so you might end up with a glittery face at work. I am going to try to return this whenever I pass by my CCO (which won't be soon :( )

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2009 9:37:00 PM More reviews by jennerss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I use this during the summers because I'm more tanned because if you mixed these both together you get that sheen-y bronze-y look. Hence the shimmer side. Overall though it is a nice powder. I use it mostly as a powdered foundation during the summer because you want to have a light coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2009 6:09:00 PM More reviews by fashioneestahh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I also found this at CCS but i have a shade darker than this, the Med. deep. I really like how it gives me great coverage and shimmer! sometimes i really dont feel like putting on foundation if im just running to do errands, so ill apply concealer and this over to set it, and it works wonders!