February 1, 2015 | 2035 users online

Foundations - Bare Escentuals - bareMinerals SPF 15 Foundation - Golden Medium

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2015 7:55:00 PM More reviews by elenakwan

I have yellow undertones, therefore it is really hard for me to find the right shade that will match my neck, and will not oxidise - but Bareminerals really did a good job.
The application is very easy: I just tap some product into the lid, swirl, tap off the excess and buff it into my skin, after I have applied primer and liquid concealer. The foundation leaves my skin looking like real skin, like as if I haven't applied any foundation. The texture is really fine and velvety. I have combination skin: super oily in the T-zone, but occasionally very dry on the cheeks leading to dry patches and rashes. I found that this foundation doesn't irritate my skin at all, but does leave my nose shiny after about five hours. I've fixed that problem after using a mattifying primer on my nose. After I apply the foundation, I use a smaller brush to get under my eyes and smaller places to conceal any more spots. The finish is very natural - almost dewy and gives me a highlighted-look on the highest points of my face. I set my makeup with matte finishing spray to complete the look, and it is done.
Very easy to use, very affordable and doesn't break me out at all. I should suggest those with oilier skin should use a mattifying primer before the application, and translucent powder and finishing spray to control the shine and oil.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2014 11:03:00 PM More reviews by mangobun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Who the heck is this yellow??

I don't usually fault a product for not being the right color match, but I can't imagine who has a skin tone this yellow. I am about as yellow as they get and can only assume that Bare Minerals thinks that Asians have a Simpsons-like skintone.

The powder is difficult to use and not long-lasting. I was going to use it as a finishing powder, but preferred not to look like I have jaundice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2014 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to agree with the rest that this is a great shade for some of us yellow skin tones in the medium category. It does not make me look sick as other yellow foundations, including MAC, do. Also, majority of bronzers look great on this. Highly recommended!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2014 3:13:00 PM More reviews by zoeclare1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've had this for over a year or so and at first I didn't like it. Left clumps on my skin set into patches and highlighted my pores. But that was with the full coverage brush..... So I now have the brush u apply the ready with (flat top brush) and wow wat a difference!!! I just apply it in strokes and then dab on to give more coverage!!. Only thing I find is that I get oily and doesn't stay on my nose or forehead and is a bit shiny. I now have samples of the matte one to try out

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by demonempres

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation has the most natural looking finish I've ever come across! It stays on well if my skin is dry or oily, and I get the extremes of both. I would say it applies better with primer. You can achieve a fuller and/or more even coverage. Overall love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2013 2:41:00 PM More reviews by mamojo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this beacuse the "golden fair" became to light for me, and I really liked it. Now as my skin is going back to fair again due to the winter darkness (I live in North of Norway), I mix this shade with the golden fair, and it works really well.
It doesn't dry out my normal-dry skin, it just evens out my skintone and gives a really healthy, glowing look to the skin, which lasts for hours. I highly recomnend this, unless u have oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2013 3:43:00 PM More reviews by Nikkinichole333

This is the very first time in my life that I have repurchased a foundation. I have tried just about every foundation out there, but will search no longer. The key to this foundation is buffing. You absolutely have to buff and buff just a little more once you think you've buffed enough. I have truly combination skin that swings easily from dry to oily with the wrong products. Bare minerals keeps me in check, as long as I don't over do it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2013 7:04:00 PM More reviews by Givz

First, I think that this foundation color is not for all medium tone skin. If you're medium with pink undertones, you'll look very yellow and the color would look bad on you. Having said this, I recommend this foundation for people that have olive skin. This foundation will make your skin glow and will enhance your skin tone. However, if you're a little bit lighter for example, in winter time, I would recommend to mix it with a little bit of medium beige foundation to make it more light.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2013 5:05:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i've been using bare minerals since its inception and i switched to liquid foundation somewhere in the mid 2000's. i can get away with Golden Medium when im around NC40-42. i love that it has a yellow base, perfect for my tan, southeast asian skintone. Unfortunately i always break out from wearing BM and it always gets reallyyyy cakey around the creases (i have SUPER oily skin). its easy enough to use and doesnt look streaky but the container is just so wasteful and gets all over my hands, the floor, the mirrow when i tap the excess off. i see that they invented a compact but i dont love this enough to try that version. i still have a container i need to finish through but wont be repurchasing. yeah, i just took a look at my face and no bueno-my skin looks crepe- y!!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2013 1:48:00 AM More reviews by flower805

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was my first love