October 2, 2014 | 1784 users online

Eye Shadow - Make Up For Ever - No. 92

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2013 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Jen25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried this eyeshadow 2 different times. Both times I've been disappointed. I'm a major purple eyeshadow junkie and really wanted to love this es. Especially based on all the positive reviews here. My problems are:

1. It's way too patchy and not blendable. Maybe because of the super matte finish which gives a great color payoff, but kills the blendability. Looks like circus clown makeup if not careful.

2. It stains. Yep... it will stain your lids pink/reddish even with UDPP and MAC paint pot both layered underneath to prevent staining. Yuck! You wind up looking like you have the plauge or some creature from Resident Evil. No thanks.

So... great color payoff, long lasting opaque coverage... Yes. But, very hard to blend, patchy, and it stains your skin pink. No thanks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2012 9:15:00 PM More reviews by sll74

it's spendy but it's an awesomely pigmented purple. i love it. i pat (not rub) it on. it looks good with other purples or complementary colors. lasts long and doesn't turn. don't have to layer and layer and layer to get it to actually show up on my brown skin which i love.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2012 12:45:00 PM More reviews by LSButtercup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Purple, lavenders an lilacs are my favourite e/s colors when I'm not wearing neutrals, so I had to love this one. The only downfall is that it stains, so my eyelids get a little red when I remove my makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2011 11:16:00 PM More reviews by strangechild

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Simply beautiful. Wonderful color, great payoff, decent size for the price. Blends nicely, layers easily, a little goes a long way. Really not a whole lot to say. If you love bright colors and the color purple, buy this eyeshadow. You won't be disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2011 7:59:00 PM More reviews by menatasha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this has to be the Most beautiful purple e/s ever! I cannot stress or encourage you enough to try this color. Do keep in mind that this purple is a vibrant purple that should be built on so use a light hand. The color applies smooth & bright and it can be used for a full eyelid wash, the outer corner, an accent in the center of the eye, and as an e/l. I hope you try it & love it like I do.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2011 11:52:00 PM More reviews by ns4487

Where has this product been all my life? This is the purple of my dreams. Got nothing bad to say about it. Go out and get it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2011 11:22:00 PM More reviews by jessicawong57

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I Love the pigmentation and love mufe it looks great on my eyes btw love the pictures and i created a smokey eye with this and The Best

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2011 12:27:00 AM More reviews by Greengrasshopper4245

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I gotta agree with the raves about this color. Most product hype is just that: HYPE. But anything wonderful you hear about Purple 92 is true. Trust and believe...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2011 12:03:00 AM More reviews by yolyluv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has got to the best purchase I have ever made! I bought this after watching xsparkage on youtube frequently use this. Not every brand out there can put such a bold bright pigmented purple shade. Not even macs vibrant grape will live up to this color! It is phenom!!!! I have brown eyes and this color makes them pop! I recommend this shade to any and everyone who likes to do bold looks or even a subtle look....its possible with this. And the packaging is superb as well because the pot pops right out if u want to add it to ur shadow palette! Great purchase and I will def repurchase is need be! This is eye shadow CRACK!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 11:47:00 PM More reviews by kraftykaitie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm honestly shocked that the percentage of people who would repurchase this currently sits at 89%. I'm going to have to assume that part of that is people who say that simply because they know that they'll probably never run out of it. This is a HG product for me. If you like purple eyeshadow (or love it, like I do), this is a must-have! It is so incredibly pigmented, but, contrary to my initial fears, it is not at all hard to work with. It can be applied very sheerly, which gives an effect reminiscent of a newborn baby's eyelids, very fresh and beautiful. it can also be applied more intensely for dramatic looks.. and anything in between! I use it even as a wash over other colors. It really brings out the green in my eyes. Can't say enough about it! Love this one! It is expensive, but you can always do what I did and ask for it for Christmas! Even if you splurge for it on your own, you won't be sorry!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No