October 30, 2014 | 1633 users online

Skincare - Body - Burt's Bees - Essential Body Kit

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2011 7:39:00 PM More reviews by Lotionaddict69

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this on a complete whim and although I was not completely in love with every single product in this kit I am glad I purchased it because...well, it's fun to splurge on unpractical things once in a while.
Over all there were only three things that I would repurchase from this kit
a.) replenishing lip balm - this stuff is perfect for applying lipsticks over. It
hydrates lips really well without being too sticky or waxy.
b.) Hand salve - This stuff is Hg material. I cannot rave enough about it.
Within five days of applying it religiously my scary disgustingly dry
elbows were smooth. It's incredible!
c.) Citrus and Ginger Root body wash - It smells amazing! After I finished
the sample provided I went and bought a full sized bottle.

Everything else I could pretty much leave behind, but it was fun trying them out.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2010 10:38:00 PM More reviews by MsSparkleArkle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Recently I had a voucher and I put it towards the Burt's Bees Essential Body Kit for AUD$24.95. This kit is a collection of Burt's most popular all-natural creams, lotions and salves and is a great gift, or an excellent way for you to try out the best-sellers from Burt's. The products are not tested on animals. I had never heard of the range before, so was keen to test out all the goodies.

The kit comes in a clear plastic zippered pouch and contains:

- Citrus & Ginger Root Body Wash (29.5ml)
- Peach & Willowbark Deep Pore Scrub (15g)
- Hand Salve (8.5g)
- Lemon Butter Cuticle Creme (8.5g)
- Radiance Day Creme (7g)
- Naturally Nourishing Milk & Honey Body Lotion (29.5ml)
- Replenishing Pomegranate Lip Balm (4.25g)
- Peppermint Foot Lotion (14ml)

I must say when I first opened my parcel I was a little disappointed at the size of the kit. Although the sizes of all items were clearly stated, I was expecting a larger sample in my mind. Note to self – read the details more carefully before ordering! The second thing I noticed was the smell. While all the goodies are locked in their bag together, the mish mosh of smells is quite strange and overpowering. As soon as I took the contents out of the bag and separated them, their own natural fragrances smell so good you could eat them.

My personal favourite from the kit so would have to be the Peppermint Foot Lotion. I was recently spotted sitting at my desk with my shoes off rubbing my feet with this delicious lotion. The refreshing peppermint smell turned heads, and my dry cracked heels were instantly transformed. I would definitely buy this product in its full size, however I believe adorebeauty currently only stocks the Coconut Foot Crème in the full size which is 123g and retails for AUD$24.95. I am sure this would work as well – but with a coconut smell in place of peppermint.

The other outstanding product is the Naturally Nourishing Milk & Honey Body Lotion. I suffer from terribly dry and angry red looking skin on my upper arms. After a few days of using this cream, the skin was notably less red and softer to touch. The lotion is paraben free and phthalate free and is unlikely to irritate sensitive skins. The full size product is 236ml and retails for AUD$24.95.

One item I found a little disappointing (from a packaging point of view) was the Lemon Butter Cuticle Creme. While the tin was adorable and its contents smelt so good I could have spread it on my morning toast, I found trying to get the product out of the tin and onto my nail bed frustrating. I resorted to scraping the top of the crème with the back of my fingernail to grab enough to cover my nail beds properly. I am not a fan of sticking my fingers into things, so I would love to see this packaged in a tube as an alternative - but not sure how that would work with the product texture. I applied this balm to my dry sandpaper like elbows and my cuticles and it softened them right away.

All in all this was a great exposure to the Burt’s Bees product line. There are also baby gift sets and travel sets available for purchase and this is a perfect way to try out lots of the products before committing to the larger size.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2008 3:52:00 AM More reviews by bluemelon

This kit is a great way to try a few of the Burt's Bees body and hand products at once. I have been using the lip balms for quite some time, which I love, so thought it was time to try some body products which my local department store has started stocking now. I picked up quite a few lip balms & also this kit. It contains 8 miniature versions of the following products:

- Aloe & Buttermilk Body Lotion
- Milk & Honey Body Lotion
- Hand Salve
- Lemon Butter Cuticle Creme
- Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme
- Beeswax & Banana Hand Creme
- Peppermint Foot Lotion
- Honey Lip Balm (full size)

I won't fully review each individual product here (I will review them under their individual reviews). However I will give my brief thoughts on the products in this pack I have tried so far:

- Aloe & Buttermilk Lotion: lightweight, easily absorbed, fairly neutral scent (not sweet). A bit iffy about the scent - smells a little 'medicinal' to me, but does fade after a while. Makes skin feel great.
- Milk & Honey Lotion: lightweight & easily absorbed - love the scent! Sweeter than the buttermilk & the fragrance definitely does linger for some time, so I can see some people getting annoyed with it, but I like it. I can smell a bit of the coconut coming through, which is unusual that I can't smell it in the buttermilk one (even though coconut oil is the 4th listed ingredient for both).
- Lemon Butter cuticle creme: fantastic - smooths the cuticles nicely & nice lemon scent.
- Hand cremes (almond and banana): I mainly use these on my knuckles, which are more drier and cracked, as the creme is more oil based (main ingredient is sweet almond oil & beeswax). However both contain kaolin in them, which dampens down the feeling of greasiness a bit, even though it makes my knuckles look shiny. I can't see myself putting this all over my hands because of the greasiness, but perfect for the very dry spots. Scents - almond smells very strongly of marzipan, but fades after a few minutes to a very subtle almond scent. I don't like it at all - it is too pungent an odour & I don't think almond is a very popular scent, so can't figure out why they would give a product this scent. Banana also very strong initial scent of bananas, but then fades down to a subtle fruity scent. I am not a fan of either bananas or almonds, so very glad that the scents fade away after a while. But the almond one is way too strong at first - I don't think I'll be using that one at all.
- Honey Lip Balm: Initially I didn't like the smell of the balm (sort of a sour piquant smell), but when applied, much nicer - very subtle & finish is semi-matte (similar to peppermint lip balm, but not quite as matte).
- Peppermint Foot Lotion: Thought it would be very runny like the other lotions, but it has more of a cream texture. Very nice - not at all greasy & leaves feet with a cooling refreshing feeling.
- Hand Salve: Treating this one like an ointment - only using on very dry spots. Fragrance quite strong - mixture of eucalyptus, rosemary and lavender.

Will update as I keep using, but good way to try several products at once. Great range made up of all natural ingredients. Great little kit!