October 23, 2014 | 909 users online

Gels/Soaps - Burt's Bees - Radiance Exfoliating Body Bar [DISCONTINUED]

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2010 10:31:00 PM More reviews by Shawnahs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this to shave with! I paid about $3.97 at Wal-Mart for it and have yet to find anything better at slimming down irritation from shaving. My legs are super soft after using this and even have a nice glow. I love the way it smells. It's very fragrant and sort of reminds me of a clean/pantene shampoo smellish. I almost want to stock up on it because Burt's Bee's is notorious for discontinuing items I love.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2010 12:51:00 AM More reviews by mellowdali

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Someone gave me this, so I tried it.
I'm actually pretty impressed by how moisturizing it is.

I don't buy my regular bar soap from the store, I get it from a local shop that uses only saponified oils and essential oils, and this is Burt's Bees soap is about on par with that.

Though where I've seen it, it sells at 8.00 USD for two bars. I think that's quite expensive for their size, but if I caught this on sale I would definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2010 8:46:00 AM More reviews by janetrachel75

This soap lathers well and feels very silky on the skin. It really doesn't have a scent. Kind of bland-don't hate it or love it. Works well to remove oil, but it doesn't really exfoliate. I think it works well for shaving. I would buy again.

Update 5/26/10: The bar is totally gone. Just kind-of melted away. I guess it's highly water soluble. Decided I would not repurchase, because it seems like a waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2010 10:23:00 AM More reviews by Sorenini

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow!! I used this bar last night for the first time and I could tell a huge difference right after using it. I tried not to get too excited though thinking it would probably wear off. I bought this for my face after hearing all of the good reviews on BB soaps. I have tried what seems like everything lately (from proactiv to over priced department store brands and any ds brand in between) on my oily, very sensitive acne prone skin. If I continue to see results like this, then I have found my HG face wash!!! My face cleared up significantly after ONE use!! I will update if I see any changes, but for now I am loving this stuff. It will leave your skin SOOO soft and the smell is really good too!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2009 8:26:00 PM More reviews by sassypants

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This review is for the Radiance facial cleanser, not the bar soap. Although at first I was using the bar soap to wash my face as well as my body and it worked really well. But I wanted a product more intended for my face, and this is a wondeful product. It's more gentle on my face than the bar soap and has helped reduce the shine on my face (which is pretty extreme if I don't use products to help reduce it). FYI: the Radiance facial lotion with SPF 15 has really helped control the shine on my face, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2009 7:53:00 PM More reviews by rocknrollgrrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE IT!!! I'm about to run out of my HG Cleanser (BB's Soap Bark and Chamomile Cream Cleanser), and while I was at the store I picked this bar soap up because I'm also about to run out of my other BB's bar soap and wanted to try something new.

I've used this bar on my body and face and I'm very impressed so far! I'll update if something changes, but so far it works great for both my body and my face. My skin feels very, very soft but clean and it didn't irritate my face at all. Woo hoo!

UPDATE: One user wrote the following, and I've had this experience as well. Thank goodness I've found a natural, cheap product that really works!: "The first couple times I used it, it actually purged my skin of all the dried up gunk in my pores. You know, the stuff that Biore stuff pulls out. Yeah, it was rather gross seeing the little dried up oil "seeds". I thought at first they were the little exfoliating beads this soap contains but it wasn't. Everyone's skin is different though, especially with these natural products. So I don't know how and why it did for me or if you will have the same experience."

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2008 8:19:00 PM More reviews by Shaybeauty

I bought this soap because i was looking for an effective cleanser for the body that DOESN'T have sulfates. THIS IS IT! I actually enjoy the smell, it's light and natural; not off-putting at all.
THIS SOAP MAKES MY SKIN SO SOFT. it's unbelievable. I noticed a distinct improvement to the texture of my skin. If your looking for exfoliating along the lines of a scrub though, this isn't it. It seems to me that this soap exfoliates surface oils, not so much dead skin. But since i use this daily i didn't want a heavy-duty exfoliator any way.
All in all, i am incredibly happy with this purchase and will probably continue purchasing it for a long time!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2008 8:16:00 PM More reviews by Mere828

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I didn't think I'd like this because I'm not much of a bar soap type of person, but I have to say I love this for shaving! I really love how it's all-natural (it has a nice natural smell to it but not too "earthy") and it lathers up very, very nicely. I took off a lippie because while I think it's a great bar of soap, but it could do a little better job of exfoliating. Overall - a great buy!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2008 8:21:00 PM More reviews by smb55100

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used this soap on my body and the first word to describe it is "Rich". The soap itself and the lather are extremely rich and moisturizing. The fragrance is kind of a "no fragrance" type smell. Just smells kind of bland - not unpleasant enough to stop using it, but not great either.
I didn't feel like it was very cleansing for my underarms or other intimate areas.
Next time, I'll lather up a washcloth with this and use it on all non-intimate areas and stick with Dial or Lever for those areas.

I won't be buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2008 4:39:00 PM More reviews by mkeck

I found that the BB orange cleanser was a little heavy in the summer, so I've been using the Radiance Exfoliating Bar on my face instead. Wow! All this time, I've been wasting money on over-priced, chemical based, department store products. For a couple years now, I've had tiny little bumps on my forehead right next to my hairline. I tried all sorts of products to rid myself of them. Just a couple days of using this radiance bar and they were gone. Poof! Follow up with the Radiance Day/Night Cream, and you've got it going on!

And the packaging is smart too. An eco-friendly wrapper made from a "stone" base. Very simple and clean. Speaking of packaging, BB sells a sampler Radiance kit with a little bit of everything in it. I buy this instead so that my products are always fresh. It's great for travel too. I clean and re-use the old pots for other skin care products, or to store vitamins, jewelry, etc.

I just can't get over the price of BB. Who knew you could buy such a marvelous product at a drugstore for so little?