July 28, 2014 | 2045 users online

Makeup Brushes - Smashbox - Shadow Liner #30

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2013 9:41:00 PM More reviews by nattiekins05

This brush may be a little pricey, but its a must have for those like me- who LOVE eye makeup! I love trying new things, new product, new types of application and new brushes to apply with. This brush is really well made, I have had it for about four years, and I have had no issues with the brush shedding, comimg loose or falling apart. It travels well and washes wonderfully with just some mild soap and water. It has kept its shape- with the fine ended point- perfect for blending, applying makeup on the crease, and in the corners of your eye. It does a really beautiful job giving you that finished look that we all want and hope to achieve. Give this one a try, and I am sure you will love it as much as I do! I use it for so many different looks, and does the job of like 3 different brushes in 1. 5 lippies for that! <3

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2012 4:40:00 PM More reviews by V8nightmare

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this brush!
I use it mostly for the crease and it works wonderfully. Bristles never shed and are very sturdy and packed, great for packing on color. I also love the color of the brush (weird, i know) but i get sick of plain black or white brushes. For the price, this brush is great! If mine ever gets ruined or misplaced, I will def. repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2011 6:32:00 PM More reviews by BarbItalia

I love this brush so much, I own two! One for cream eyeshadows/liners and one for wet powder/mineral eyeshadows. I use this to create a smokey line and contour at the outer V, and it's perfect for that - that's what it was created for. I've tried to use my smaller EoB crease brushes to achieve the same effect as this #30 but they just don't get it right. My eyes are small yet this brush works beautifully. Love it with Smashbox's Shadow Liners, ELF Studio Cream Eyeshadows in the deeper shades and even to apply my other cream/gel liners (BB, Clinique, Physicians Formula, etc) in a smoky fashion. And by dampening it I can get the same effect with any of my gorgeous pressed or mineral eyeshadows! After cleaning I do reshape the brush; I've owned my first one for a couple of years and it's just like new. I highly recommend you buy and play with this brush! Available on Ebay and QVC in a set.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2010 5:57:00 PM More reviews by bailuli

I got this brush in a SB set that I purchased at Nordstrom Rack. the set contained this brush, a waterproof cream shadow duo, a powder blush, a lip tech, a full size mascara, and a HD powder duo thingy, for a total of $30. The math comes out to be around $5 per item, which is a great deal.

I was at first disappointed by the brush because I already have something similar (pencil crease brush from Essence of Beauty) and so didn't reaaaaally need something like this. Until I found out I'm supposed to use this brush with the waterproof cream eyeshadow duo (which iwasn't sure how to apply since the pan is WAY too small for my fingers).

and holy crap I fell in love with both the duo and this brush. It is PERFECT. I've always had trouble with cream shadows because i haven't found a brush that provides good application and control. I usually singer my fingers, which is pretty crappy due to having tiny lid space. my fingers inevitably would get shadow way more spread out than what I wanted the color to be. I've read of people recommending synthetic brushes similar to concealer brushes for cream shadows, so i tried that, but it just gave me really patchy application.

however this brush was absolutely PERFECT, especially with the e/s duo. It picked up perfect amount of cream shadow and applied super evenly across my lid, and blended out the edges super well. there was no drag or issues what so ever. hell my e/s application that day (which was just the waterproof cream duo), was better than most of my other days using pwoder shadows (which i'm more used to). i was shocked at how well the edges were blended out.

i can't wait to use this brush with my stila kitten smudgepot (my fingers is too small to even get in there, and so far all other brushes were fails).

this brush makes a good pencil brush as well, due to the pointed tip. works similar to the small crease brush by EoB, but has slightly more bulbous overall shape. i can't remember if it was soft or scratchy, but since i don't remember, i would say it's probably not scratchy. i think i'd remember if it's scratchy. XD

this brush, the e/s duo, the blush, and the lip tech totally made that set worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/5/2010 4:16:00 AM More reviews by catherine112

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The bristles are prickly, not soft whatsoever. My ecotools brushes are much softer. This smashbox brush is also made in china.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2009 9:05:00 PM More reviews by blog_antagonist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I generally dislike eyeshadow brushes for application. I find the fallout to be a problem regardless of how cheap or expensive the eyeshadow. I get flecks below my eyes, in my hairline, in my eyebrow hairs in the hollows near my nose...I just think they're too messy to be worth the effort. I really prefer sponge applicators or q-tips. But this brush came in a set, so I tried it on a whim.

WOW. I absolutely love it. It's so easy to get a nice precise application and get whatever shape you're going for with a minimum of effort. The fallout doesn't seem to be a problem, maybe because the bristles are fairly short and don't "fling" product everywhere when you sweep the brush back and forth over your lid. I've only used it a handful of times, but it seems to be fairly well constructed. I haven't noticed a lot of shedding at any rate. This has quickly become one of my favorite implements. Color me surprised!

I took off a lippie because I know that purchased individually it would retail for around $30, which I think is pretty steep. Worth it, but steep.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2009 11:41:00 AM More reviews by MIJA_97

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this brush! it was odd using it in the begining..but as you get the hand of it - it makes it easy to achieve quick eye definition or a modern smoky-eye look!!! $20 are so worth it! ☺

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2008 6:11:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Excellent brush with the Smashbox shadow liner. This is excellent quality. red handle. The brush hair itself is somewhat long for eyeliner and tapers into a point. Really creates a thick smudgey eye liner. I love that you dont have to use a smudge brush to the eyeliner to get the look to soften. This brush does it for you. Works for crease work as well. A must have.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2008 4:41:00 PM More reviews by syeung2

Mine came with the new Waterproof Shadow Liner. Red handle and black (natural?) hairs. Seems too fat to be much of use for making a fine line, but great for broader lining. Shaped like an EoB crease brush or MAC 219 pencil brush (i.e., round cross-section which tapers from base to tip), but this is slightly denser and comes to a firmer point. Not as firm or pointed as the LM Smoky Liner brush though. It's like a hybrid of those types of brushes. Wasn't expecting to like it, but it is a nice addition to my brush collection. Works great with the shadow liners and for softer/smudged lines.