December 18, 2014 | 1819 users online

Mascara - Estee Lauder - Sumptuous

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2014 11:00:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

This is a very nice mascara that volumizes and lenghtens my lashes but it does seem to clump my lashes together making them look spider-legs like. The other thing I don't like is that it doesn't maintain my curl, on the contrary it un-curls my lashes. I did rebuy this once but ended up returning it because i found my ULTIMATE HG mascara from Cle de Peau 'The Mascara' which does it all especially curls and maintains the curl for my asian, stick straight lashes while separating them and making them look so full and luscious!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2014 10:09:00 PM More reviews by SiiLLYxMEE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara does it all. Lengthening, defining, volumizing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2014 11:05:00 AM More reviews by 8ball

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is waaaay too wet. So much comes out on the wand that, even if I wipe it down, it's still too much to work with. All I get is stuck-together dark lashes. The formula is very smooth and dark - I'll give it that. But it's not particularly volumizing or lengthening, and not worth the work. Will definitely not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2014 6:23:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

This came in an EL palette I got from Costco & it's wonderful!! I love EL products but I cannot often afford good quality makeup so it's a rare treat I do savor. I have been using this for awhile, I plan to extricate every last bit from the tube, even if that means holding on to it for a bit longer than is normally rec for mascara. I wish my little tube was waterproof, but it wears well, is dramatic & very black, very classy looking, I love this mascara! Separates, thickens, defines, & curls all very well. I can see why this is a best seller. I don't normally wear HE mascara so like I said this mascara is a real treat to wear :) :) :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2014 5:10:00 PM More reviews by beetrootcheeks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Like everyone else, I received a sample of this (in black) as part of an Estee Lauder gift-with-purchase. One swipe and wiggle through my upper lashes and my Diorshow Extase, Chanel Inimitable Intense, and YSL Babydoll mascaras became tragically and expensively obsolete. The Sumptuous mascara imparts weightless curled length, as if you just happen to have fluttery and immaculately spaced natural long lashes, and just enough volume without hard spidery thickness or ANY clumping, then wears all day without smudging or fall-out. I also apply to my outer bottom lashes most days. I hope you don't have to cry in public with this mascara on, but if you do, I can tell you anecdotally it won't run down your face. The formula doesn't seem to deteriorate or dry out over time, and I've been able to use my sample for longer than I care to admit. I plan to purchase the full-size in brown (my preferred color), and to try the waterproof version (only available in black). HG for sure.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2014 1:12:00 PM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

I didn't quite like this mascara. I prefer a more natural defined look. And this product made my eye lashes stick together too much. Also too much mascara got layered on at a time; cleaning the brush was taking a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 5:51:00 AM More reviews by FATUME

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm a mascara junkie love them all be it a volumizing, defining or a lengthening mascara. This mascara is hands down the best of all the ones I have. It gives me beautiful defined voluminous long lashes without having them look too clumpy or over the top. It's perfect for casual and formal occasions. Funny thing happened to me when I bought it the first time, I initially got a sample and loved it so when I went to purchase it, as I was walking to the Estée Lauder stand I was going through my bag looking for the sample to show it to the sales lady, I didn't find it but before I could speak the lady handed me the mascara I wanted!! She said its their best seller and most of the customers rummage through their bags looking for the sample to show her so she knew what I wanted.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2014 3:45:00 PM More reviews by AlenaSara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Best mascara I have ever used. Hands down!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2014 11:43:00 AM More reviews by missxcindii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Received a sample as a gift from somebody. I will most definitely be purchasing the full sized. I love this mascara so much. So much better than the overly hyped mascaras at sephora. I have been reaching for this every day. It gives such a full, lengthy look to the lashes. I love it! It doesn't smudge, very easy to remove with water, doesn't clump, seriously in love.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2014 1:02:00 AM More reviews by GinaLeCupcake

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I bought this mascara on a whim while I was at a MAC warehouse sale(they also had Estée Lauder, Clinique, Bobbi Brown and a few other brands because I believe they are all somewhat family companies). I paid $12 for it and it is honestly worth every cent. I wish I had gotten more because this mascara is soo amazing! I work at a makeup counter and customers are constantly complementing my eyelashes: ) definitely give it a go!