Estee Lauder Sumptuous

on 4/13/2015 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I'm using the sample size I got recently. Really nice mascara. I can build a ton of volume. No clumps and the texture is great, not wet like some others or too waxy. Seems I always love the pricey mascaras!

on 3/28/2015 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I received this as part of a GWP and I really like it. It curls and volumizes my lashes. If you're looking for lengthening, look elsewhere, but if you want lots and lots of lashes, this is your mascara.

on 1/27/2015 7:25:00 PM

Got a generous sample of the stuff with a fragrance order. Wound up loving the mascara more than I love the fragrance! This is a long-lasting, non-flaking, non-smearing wonderful bit of something that makes my lashes look beautifully dense and delicious. $30 for a full size? I'll economize in other areas, because I will *have* to have it when I'm done with the sample. Very enthusiastically recommended (and hey, cosmetic companies: this is why you provide generous samples to your customers).

on 1/27/2015 2:35:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

i recently started to use it but i absolutely love it. first i purchased 'estee lauder concealer and mascara duo' because it was cheap. then i realized that this was the best mascara i've ever used. i naturally have long lashes and i don't like mascaras that makes my lashes appear longer than they already are. this mascara gives a beautiful fullness to my lashes and it definitely doesn't smudge. i have the most watery eyes yet it stays with me all day long. it gives a nice, natural look. but if you're looking for the false lashes appearance, this product won't satisfy you.

I use the short sample when my mom gets a 'package' from Estee Lauder. The BEST lifting and volumizing mascara I have ever used. I see a dramatic difference in my overall makeup application. Clumps a little if you don't take your time applying. If it wasn't $30 I'd buy it all the time.

on 11/10/2014 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is a very nice mascara that volumizes and lenghtens my lashes but it does seem to clump my lashes together making them look spider-legs like. The other thing I don't like is that it doesn't maintain my curl, on the contrary it un-curls my lashes. I did rebuy this once but ended up returning it because i found my ULTIMATE HG mascara from Cle de Peau 'The Mascara' which does it all especially curls and maintains the curl for my asian, stick straight lashes while separating them and making them look so full and luscious!

on 11/8/2014 10:09:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

This mascara does it all. Lengthening, defining, volumizing.

on 9/11/2014 11:05:00 AM

This mascara is waaaay too wet. So much comes out on the wand that, even if I wipe it down, it's still too much to work with. All I get is stuck-together dark lashes. The formula is very smooth and dark - I'll give it that. But it's not particularly volumizing or lengthening, and not worth the work. Will definitely not repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This came in an EL palette I got from Costco & it's wonderful!! I love EL products but I cannot often afford good quality makeup so it's a rare treat I do savor. I have been using this for awhile, I plan to extricate every last bit from the tube, even if that means holding on to it for a bit longer than is normally rec for mascara. I wish my little tube was waterproof, but it wears well, is dramatic & very black, very classy looking, I love this mascara! Separates, thickens, defines, & curls all very well. I can see why this is a best seller. I don't normally wear HE mascara so like I said this mascara is a real treat to wear :) :) :)

Like everyone else, I received a sample of this (in black) as part of an Estee Lauder gift-with-purchase. One swipe and wiggle through my upper lashes and my Diorshow Extase, Chanel Inimitable Intense, and YSL Babydoll mascaras became tragically and expensively obsolete. The Sumptuous mascara imparts weightless curled length, as if you just happen to have fluttery and immaculately spaced natural long lashes, and just enough volume without hard spidery thickness or ANY clumping, then wears all day without smudging or fall-out. I also apply to my outer bottom lashes most days. I hope you don't have to cry in public with this mascara on, but if you do, I can tell you anecdotally it won't run down your face. The formula doesn't seem to deteriorate or dry out over time, and I've been able to use my sample for longer than I care to admit. I plan to purchase the full-size in brown (my preferred color), and to try the waterproof version (only available in black). HG for sure.

Popular Mascaras