October 24, 2014 | 1926 users online

Lipstick - Rimmel - Lasting Finish - Temptation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2011 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

Finally, a dark red lipstick that is bright and happy but not too blue. I am scared of wearing red lipsticks but this is the perfect combo for me. Majority of the dark reds are way too dark and not necessarily bright and cheerful. I am NC 30 and this looks great even without any eye mu. It goes well with my black hair and does not look tacky. The most important thing is that it lasts on my lips and when it fades, it does not look odd.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2011 9:55:00 PM More reviews by vampira428

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

this red has a orangey tone so if you are looking for a true blue based red this is not it (try the color in alarm). I gave it a 5 because its creamy and the smell is great

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2011 4:52:00 PM More reviews by mialovecupcake

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was looking for an inexpensive, drugstore BRIGHT red lipstick. The first one that caught my eye was "Alarm" because it was the brightest red but when I swatched "Temptation" right next to it, it looked too bright; so I went with Temptation. I really love this colour and the formula! I wanted a cheaper one because I figured I wouldn't wear it very often but I will probably end up wearing this all the time!! <3

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2011 4:40:00 AM More reviews by PurpleCupcake87

Works on my nc30 skintone. Has minimal shimmer in it so it gives off this shiny look which I love! Can get about 2-3 hours of wear before I have to reapply, and I am able to wear this either during the daytime or nighttime.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2010 6:26:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful, deep, Cruella De Vil-like red. I'm planning on wearing a lot of red LS this fall/winter, so I'm doing some "research." I found this at Walgreen, for $5, so I decided to get it. So glad I did. It's creamy, non-drying, has a very slight, very flattering shimmer, which prevents it from looking flat. I first looked at Alarm, and found it, uh, a bit alarming. This one is just perfect. Delightfully bad-ass. ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2010 8:39:00 PM More reviews by bumped

Ooooh, yes. This is lovely. A tinge blue, but I'm Asian, so it balanced the yellowness in my skin (and I'm light/med, tho I'm prob NC40-sth now because of summer).....I'd say even though it's a little bit cool, I think it's acceptable for all skin tones. Applied best with a lip brush, but now I have to buy a matching lip liner so that it doesn't feather!! Definitely worth it for the price--was looking for a drugstore red. Highly pigmented, creamy (no shimmer! yay!), gorgeous. Cannot wait to wear it out!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2010 7:13:00 PM More reviews by vivix

Finally, a red lipstick that works! I am a fair-skinned Asian (but my colouring is pretty yellow) with pretty big lips and so most red lipsticks made my big lips look even bigger and conspicuous (in a very bad way.. like a fish.) I was always under the impression that because I was Asian I should go for a more orange-red to better match my skin tone but of course this again made my lips look super conspicuous. This red lipstick is a little darker than a bright red lipstick and therefore looks a lot more glamorous and classy on me! Skin tone is everything -- it looks a lot different on me (more pinkish/true red) than it does in the other pictures. Please note that the flash combined with the fact that my room is really hot and I'm a little dewy (gross, sorry) makes me look paler than I am but I am a little bit darker and the lipstick is also a hair darker on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2010 1:22:00 AM More reviews by YouAREthefather

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay, beware--this is RED. It will work on most coloring, especially fair and medium, but it is extremely intense. And very shiny, too. if this is what you're going for, this is perfect. This is basically my first red lippie and it kind of scared me when I first put it on! My mouth just looked huge and bright. But after I kind of got used to it, I really started to like it. But this MUST be worn with lip liner, or it will just look like you're playing dress up. If you use this with lip liner, it will probably look very intense, and very pin-uppy.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2009 9:32:00 PM More reviews by middaysaregrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

love this color, goes on smooth and the scent is fairly nice, not too perfumed or gross-smelling. is a bit of a mess if you dont remember to blot or use lip liner underneath. i like to mix this with a bit of lip balm too when i want a little color, not a full on red lip. makes me want to try some other colors by rimmel!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2009 4:10:00 AM More reviews by minhchau88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Quick takes about the product:
- highly pigmented
- very very smooth and creamy
- similar finish to MAC creamsheen
- color: deep, glamorous red, works awesome for either a Hollywood or a Pirate look (I just used this for several Halloween looks). Compared to MAC Brave red: Temptation is deeper and richer, feels more reddish, MAC Brave red when standing next to Temptation feels a little bit more fuchsia.
- medium staying power - lasts 5-7 hrs (the high staying power I mean for more than half a day, like those by MAC)
- goes great with Rimmel Exaggerate lip liner 024 Red Diva

I will not buy this again because I have enough red lipstick, but I may try other colors by Rimmel.