November 24, 2014 | 1036 users online

Powder - Korres - Multivitamin Compact Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2014 4:39:00 AM More reviews by ChloePappas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this powder. I just use a tiny amount of foundation that I add to my day cream, then I use this product on top. It gives a natural finish, and it doesn't really look like you have makeup on. It's not like those powders where you have to be careful not to use too much.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2013 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Xaephan

I think I have this product, though mine is white plastic instead of black. The powder works well enough, but it doesn't really control oil very well, but makes my undereyes look dry and cakey at the same time. I have oily skill all over, and normal undereyes (but oily lids, it's a gift). This is a light coverage powder that probably would work well as a finishing powder, but I use it as foundation since all I want to do is blur my pores and set my concealer.

Overall, not amazing so I can't justify the price. Finely milled, but works about as well as $5 drugstore powders.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2013 12:10:00 PM More reviews by ILikeCakeAndIceCream

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am not a fan of this powder at all. I was really excited to find something that I THOUGHT was going to be natural and easy on my sensitive an acne prone skin. I should have researched this product before buying it.

First the PROS: I love the packaging. Comes in a beautiful recyclable box and the compact is sleek and easy to open with a mirror and durable sponge inside. The color matched my skin well and the powder didn't wear off through the day. I'd say this would be light to medium coverage with a concealer when worn alone; medium to full with a foundation underneath. Product is free of Mineral oil, silicone, propylene glycol, and ethanolamine.

The CONS: I noticed my skin was having a few more breakouts than normal. This stuff made my skin so itchy I wanted to rip my face off. Ok maybe it wasn't that bad but there were some days when I had to wash my makeup off. Once I noticed it was worse when I got outside in the heat I realized it had to be reacting with a chemical in the product so I looked it up. Viola! Bismuth Oxychloride was the culprit and far from "natural." When I read reviews on Sephora's website I found that my reaction was common with many other women and this product has since been discontinued so if you find it on the shelves of a secondhand store don't be tempted!

Would I buy this again? Definitely not. But I love some of Korres's other products. My lesson has been learned: research before I shell out more than I can afford to lose on a product or on my skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2013 10:49:00 AM More reviews by keyelement

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This a good, finely milled powder that seems best suited as a finishing powder. Applied with a damp sponge or brush gets you a bit of coverage but not enough for me to use on its own. I use this to set concealer and liquid foundation and I'm happy I received it in a swap, otherwise I wouldn't have tried it! No complaints!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2013 12:46:00 AM More reviews by luineumaiel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's an underrated powder foundation. If you have relatively problem free skin and need powder just to mattify your face and even out skin tone, this is a great pick. Its:

- inexpensive compared to bigger brands
- very finely milled: works with both a sponge (heavier coverage) and a mineral powder brush (lighter coverage)
- very good quality sponge comes with the product

You might want to ask for a sample to take home because it does appear to be more suitable for those with pinkish or neutral undertones. Girls of South Asian descent could try this, but only if you're okay with super light coverage.

A great buy for me, satisfactorily hit the pan with this before I went in for another product. I'm taking a lippie off packaging because its really bulky for my make-up bag or even handbag to carry around. Not buying it again because it isn't a satisfactory enough colour match for my skin with golden undertones.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2010 7:15:00 PM More reviews by Poulheria80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This powder is really great if you simply want a mat powder to even out your skin tone. You can either wear it alone or over liquid foundation to set it. I personaly wear it alone and apply it with the sponge provided (it's good quality sponge by the way) to get more of a medium coverage. I don't think this will work for those who would like to cover blemishes or severe hyperpigmentation, but if your skin is in a relatively good condition, this is a really nice every day powder. I didn't find the scent too strong for me, I thought it was quite pleasant actually. I will definitely repurchase, only reason this gets a 4 is because of the packaging. Although it looks nice, it's a bit unsuitable for my make up bag.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2010 1:31:00 AM More reviews by SL2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this! I've been using mineral powders for several years as they covered my melasma, but since changing to a high PPD sunscreen, they haven't been successful in controlling the shine on my oily skin and I was worried about the interaction with avobenzone. This powder is wonderful for taking away the shine and white cast from my sunscreen and now that my melasma has faded, I find that it has enough coverage to use as a foundation coupled with the Korres concealer for a few blemishes left by a recent acne outbreak. The yellow tones of the Korres products(powder No.2 & concealer No.3) are perfect for my slightly lighter than NC25 skin, it doesn't travel around or collect in creases and looks very natural. The biggest downside is the packaging, which although attractive, is far too bulky for the amount of product it contains. After two months use it has not clogged my pores and I will continue to use it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2010 4:42:00 PM More reviews by TheSinfulSim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I like the idea of "natural" cosmetics. However, there are things about this powder that I really don't like. It's VERY low coverage which makes it useful only to blot away shine. MAC Blot powder probably has more coverage. I also don't like that this powder contains fragrance (rose scented). While it hasn't irritated my super sensitive skin, I can see this being a problem for others. I don't believe that slathering your face in "vitamins" does anything to improve your skin (most cannot be absorbed through the skin). The shade does match my skin tone well and doesn't have any chalkiness.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2009 3:42:00 PM More reviews by maomaouchi

This powder is pretty good. I like that it has all natural ingredients and that it has vitamins in it. I don't really know if those vitamins are doing anything to actually improve my skin but I figure it can't hurt! The powder gives you light coverage and I don't use it as anything but a setting powder for my concealer and to prevent any excess shine on my T-zone. I don't think there's really enough coverage for a full face to replace foundation if you need it though. This product gets three lippies from me because it has a very strong smell...almost like baby powder, which I hate. I have to hold my breath when I put this on and sometimes the scent even lingers and I get a whiff of it...ew! The other thing that REALLY bugs me about this powder is the unnecessarily HUGE compact. It's seriously big--it is about the size of the palm of my hand and about 1.5x as thick! However, it also feels flimsy at the same time because the part holding the powder swings up to reveal a sponge (which I don't use, I use a brush) and it swings open on its own just when I'm opening the compact because it's so light. It doesn't really make that much sense to have the powder be on such a flimsy platform while the sponge is safely hidden away! I like this product but I think there are others out there at the same price range that work just as well and have different packaging!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2009 8:54:00 PM More reviews by laughitoff123

I love it!!! You get to control the coverage you want. For light coverage, I apply it with a big brush and for a medium coverage, I use a sponge. My skin looks great after, but it looks best with time. I think the packaging is kind of bulky, but I'll deal!