November 27, 2014 | 1723 users online

Sunscreen - Banana Boat - Sun Protection SPF 50 with Aloe Vera and Vitamin E

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2013 2:37:00 AM More reviews by delias29

Used this on holiday in Vegas & Arizona. Weather was excruciatingly dry and the sun was blistering.

Am on retin-a & should have temporarily stopped usage considering the weather conditions. Was using another higher-end sunblock by Avene at first, purported to be high protection but my retin-a'ed skin still burned in the desert sun and was flaking painfully.

Switched to Banana Boat in the middle of the vacation and boy did it come to my rescue! The aloe helped moisturise the dryness and calm the pain. As well as sun protect.

Not greasy, without the smell of sunblock, smells like aloe vera. Nice & light. Although my acne-prone skin did break out a little (but it always does with use of a sunblock). Recommend it for use in dry climates.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2012 12:07:00 PM More reviews by LilyMakeupEvan

This is FAR too greasy for my taste and I hardly ever use it. I would never put this on my face and am disappointed in it because it says 'non-greasy' and yet it feels like oil. Might use it while swimming but otherwise no. I love the Nivea one more for regular use. Would I repurchase this? No.
Check out my review on that and let me know if my review was helpful or not. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2008 4:21:00 PM More reviews by Jetaime

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had a much better experience w this sunscreen than I expected. My skin is oily and acne prone plus very sensitive to the sun since I use retin-a and take antibiotics. I've been trying all summer to find a sunscreen for my face that wouldn't break me out. Well, one day I borrowed this sunscreen from sister bc I knew I'd be in the sun a lot and had no other choice. This product gives *wonderful* protection from the sun, smells nice, and applies easily. It is greasy..I'll probably move down to SPF 30 or use the faces variety for daily use. This really can't be beat in terms of a strong, active sunscreen. I've been using it for awhile and have barely broken out. Just a few clogged pores due to the high SPF.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2008 6:10:00 AM More reviews by strawbit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this for swimming because it is water resistant and very easy to spread. Not recommended for every day use because it tends to be on the oily, creamy side of sunscreens. I like that it is fragrance free and contains aloe vera and Vitamin E. In my opinion, Banana Boat is one of the best sports sunblocks out there.