Ole Henriksen African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser

Water, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl, Taurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Calcium Ascorbate, Ascorbic Acid, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil (Borago Officinalis), Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Oil, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Extract (Citrus Grandis), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Extract (Orange Yu), Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Extract (Citrus Tangeria), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Aspalathus Linearis Leaf Extract, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Fruit Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Larrea Divaricata Extract, Glycerin, PEG-8 Dimethicone, PEG-8 Ricinoleate, Citric Acid, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Benzyl Alcohol, Limonene, Linalool

on 7/16/2015 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I received this as a gift with purchase.
I have used it nightly for 2 weeks.
I like everything about it.
The skin on my face feels perfect after washing and ready for whatever i choose to apply next.
I would purchase the full size if I believed in spending $$ on a facewash but I don't.
I think spending a lot of money on something that you rinse off immediately is money wasted
But, if price wasn't an issue, I would buy this for sure..

I use this as my morning cleanser because it's light and citrusy. However, I don't find it to be anything special and don't notice any big difference in my skin, so I would not repurchase.

on 3/6/2015 6:23:00 PM

Love this cleanser. I have baseline combo skin with crazy flaky dry and REALLY sensitive patches around my mouth area from using Retin-A. Foaming cleansers tend to make my face feel the most clean, but I have avoided them the last five years because the sulfates that make it foam make my skin feel very stripped and dry afterwards. However this one has no sulfates and it is instead the pump that makes it foam.

One pump of foam spreads easily around my face and I don't feel like I need to work hard spreading my cleanser around like lots of cream ones. I always use eye make up remover, but do not use make up wipes/cleansing water on my face prior to cleansing and this cleanser has hands down done the best job of removing all of my foundation/base products compared to any other cleanser I have used. It has a nice citrus scent that is pleasant and not overpowering. Afterwards, my skin feels squeaky clean but not tight. It's done a great job of getting my face clean without aggravating my already super sensitive skin. Also love the one full pump dispenses the exact amount I need; great packaging. Price ($30 for 7oz) could be better but will definitely repurchase after using up my very large stash of cleansers.

on 2/26/2015 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

My skin tends to dislike foaming cleansers. I thought this one would be different because the foam is caused by the packaging more than by the ingredients. Still no good. Makes my skin dry and stripped. Not as bad as others but after 3 uses I can feel my lips are very dry (I get very dry lips when I use drying cleansers) and my skin is more oily (my skin goes on oil production overdrive when my cleanser is drying).

But if you like foaming cleansers, you might like this. It is a nice cleanser, smells nice, the foam is very soft... Works well as a morning cleanser and/or second cleanse at night for make up/sunscreen wearers... But only if your skin likes foaming cleansers in the first place. :)

on 2/26/2015 7:23:00 AM

Love this cleanser, its foamy and light. The smell is good. After the cleaning my skin feels refreshed, without beeing striped.

on 1/17/2015 3:02:00 AM

This cleanser is MEH. It does an okay job but honestly there's nothing special about it for the price. I'm willing to spend a little more for a cleanser if it's worth it, but this one is not.
My overall impression is that this cleanser is a little on the wimpy side. I prefer something that leaves my face feeling a bit cleaner. This one just doesn't do it for me. Won't buy it again.

on 1/9/2015 7:45:00 PM

This smells amazing and is super gentle for a foaming cleanser. Great for those times you want a squeaky clean feeling without your face feeling super tight after.

on 12/27/2014 12:54:00 AM

I really liked how foamy this product got with just half a pump. Half a pump seemed to be enough to get light make up off. Some people say the smell is too strong but I quite enjoyed the orange fresh smell. The bad thing is I couldn't finish the bottle because by the time I got to about 1/4 left, the smell started to turn bad...I was told this was due to the natural ingredients and absence of preservatives. I will likely not buy this product again but if I did, I would only buy the half size bottle.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I got a small version of this in a Ole Henriksen set and I liked it enough. I didn't find any cons in it but it also didn't wow me or make any positive difference to my skin. I have oily-combo/acne-prone skin that is prone to dehydration and it didn't dry my face out or cause any breakouts/clogs. I used this in the morning so I don't know how well it will remove makeup but the smaller bottle lasted a good long time so I suppose the full-size will be worth the money. I found one pump was enough for my entire face. It also has a pleasant, citrus smell to it.

on 10/24/2014 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using this for over 3 months, and I am pleased with this as a nighttime cleanser.

I have dry, acne-prone skin with permanent eczema patches under my eyes from years of using really drying soaps as a teen (the Neutrogena liquid one, I thought I had to 'dry out' my acne. Wish I could teach my younger self a lesson!). I only use this at night because I use a gentle cream cleanser in the morning.

This cleanser made my skin feel very clean, but also soft. I didn't experience any tightness after cleansing beyond normal. It takes off make-up very well. I currently double cleanse (for added measure) but even when I skip that first step, I don't find any residual make-up.

It plays well if you use your hands, washcloth, sponge, or power cleanser (e.g., Clarisonic)(I've tried all with this!). 1/2 a pump is enough for my face and neck. I'm about half-way through the bottle, should last about 7-8 months total.

Scent is typical OH citrus, doesn't smell horrible. Haven't noticed it turning bad. I believe it is also SLS-free, which I appreciate. Price could be better, but I'll pay for what works.

I'll update post-winter to see how it handles against my dreadful winter skin.