January 27, 2015 | 1187 users online

Cleansers - Ole Henriksen - African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2015 3:02:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

This cleanser is MEH. It does an okay job but honestly there's nothing special about it for the price. I'm willing to spend a little more for a cleanser if it's worth it, but this one is not.
My overall impression is that this cleanser is a little on the wimpy side. I prefer something that leaves my face feeling a bit cleaner. This one just doesn't do it for me. Won't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2015 7:45:00 PM More reviews by leftpalate

This smells amazing and is super gentle for a foaming cleanser. Great for those times you want a squeaky clean feeling without your face feeling super tight after.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2014 12:54:00 AM More reviews by mpb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really liked how foamy this product got with just half a pump. Half a pump seemed to be enough to get light make up off. Some people say the smell is too strong but I quite enjoyed the orange fresh smell. The bad thing is I couldn't finish the bottle because by the time I got to about 1/4 left, the smell started to turn bad...I was told this was due to the natural ingredients and absence of preservatives. I will likely not buy this product again but if I did, I would only buy the half size bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2014 4:08:00 PM More reviews by apowerfulbeat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a small version of this in a Ole Henriksen set and I liked it enough. I didn't find any cons in it but it also didn't wow me or make any positive difference to my skin. I have oily-combo/acne-prone skin that is prone to dehydration and it didn't dry my face out or cause any breakouts/clogs. I used this in the morning so I don't know how well it will remove makeup but the smaller bottle lasted a good long time so I suppose the full-size will be worth the money. I found one pump was enough for my entire face. It also has a pleasant, citrus smell to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2014 11:21:00 PM More reviews by abarton3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I've been using this for over 3 months, and I am pleased with this as a nighttime cleanser.

I have dry, acne-prone skin with permanent eczema patches under my eyes from years of using really drying soaps as a teen (the Neutrogena liquid one, I thought I had to 'dry out' my acne. Wish I could teach my younger self a lesson!). I only use this at night because I use a gentle cream cleanser in the morning.

This cleanser made my skin feel very clean, but also soft. I didn't experience any tightness after cleansing beyond normal. It takes off make-up very well. I currently double cleanse (for added measure) but even when I skip that first step, I don't find any residual make-up.

It plays well if you use your hands, washcloth, sponge, or power cleanser (e.g., Clarisonic)(I've tried all with this!). 1/2 a pump is enough for my face and neck. I'm about half-way through the bottle, should last about 7-8 months total.

Scent is typical OH citrus, doesn't smell horrible. Haven't noticed it turning bad. I believe it is also SLS-free, which I appreciate. Price could be better, but I'll pay for what works.

I'll update post-winter to see how it handles against my dreadful winter skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2014 2:28:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

I first fell in love with Ole Henriksen products after trying their CC cream. I hate the whole BB/CC/DD cream trend, but not only did I love the product and coverage, but I felt it the first product of its kind true to its description, plus most OH products have that beautiful citrusy vitamin C type smell. Since then I've tried more products here and there including the Truth Serum and now this one.

This product is gentle since it is a foam, yet does a nice job of making my skin feel actually cleansed. I also was able to use it with my MIA, which is always a plus for me. My skin has been VERY oily for the past few months/almost year now and didn't feel it made my skin more or less oily, but it also did not cause dryness or irritation. My favorite part of this was definitely the smell and luxurious feel of the foam itself.

I liked how there was an option to purchase the 1.5 oz bottle from Sephora for $9 instead of having to commit to the 7 oz. bottle for $30. (Benefit often does this too!) I would definitely purchase the full sized version of this in the future.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2014 6:46:00 PM More reviews by natadk

It's a nice wash, but did no wonders for me (compared with ole henriksen's on-the-go cleanser), and I was not fond of the foaming part, it felt as if the foam didn't wash well enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2014 6:39:00 PM More reviews by kellyh1022

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This face wash is great. I have combo skin with hormonal acne. It's tough finding products that don't make my acne worse. This cleanser hasn't caused any additional breakouts and it smells GREAT. It has a clean citrus peel smell to it. Doesn't make my skin dry after washing and seems to do a good job removing makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2014 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Amy622

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this cleanser. From the smell to packaging to how my skin feels. Only bummer: for the price, it runs out quick

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2014 12:51:00 AM More reviews by ayeshaluv

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been searching for a cleanser I was comfortable with for years. I walked into Sephora on a whim the lady swore by the red tea foaming cleanser. I am so happy now hands down its the best cleanser ever.

EDIT: At first this cleanser seemed like its good but it adversely made my skin bruised and beet red.