November 23, 2014 | 2015 users online

Palettes - Bobbi Brown - Mauve Face Palette Fall 2008

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2013 11:56:00 PM More reviews by sandrap0209

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this palette, it's very wearable day or night, looks amazing, I love palettes that comes with blush, eyeshadows and lipstick because looks beautiful all together, it's perfect especially in autumn-winter season. And really last forever I bought this palette in 2008 and its 2013 and I still having all the colors, the quality it's excellent you only need an small amount each time because its very pigmented you don't need a lot of product.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2012 4:07:00 AM More reviews by beardpapa

I think this palette is OK only. It gives a very soft, neutral look. I guess it is Bobbi Brown after all. Having said that, I loved the lip colours in it.

I would actually prefer some more pizzazz in terms of the eyeshadow colours...that wasn't there....so I don't think I would buy again (esp. when there's Naked 2)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2010 12:59:00 PM More reviews by violetmist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Even though this is discontinued I thought I'd kick in on it because it has amazing shadows that are not found in the basic line. One is called Vintage which is a warm taupe with a touch of plum. I savour this colour because it makes my blue eyes look out of this world. I am on the hunt constantly for something like it. The other is a dark shadow which I use as a liner called Chocolate Mauve. Once again that little touch of barely perceptible plum makes it amazing. Navajo is a highlighter but that is available from the basic line. The blush is called Mauve which works for me in the winter; not so versatile. It looks like an amped up Sand Pink. The lipcolours that come with it are forgettable which is why I gave it a 4 lip rating. If you can pick this up someplace at a discount since it is no longer sold by BB, I would recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2010 9:27:00 AM More reviews by Samanthazahra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Even though it is inspired by love story i think this palette is perfect for a corporate look rather than anything romantic. When I wear it, it reminds me of Jan Levingston (Michael's boss) on the office haha. (i always noticed her makeup for some reason)

The entire palette is quite matte & cool toned. ull see the tiniest shimmers if you hold it up to the light but the finish on the face turns up matte. I'm 24 and the colours are a bit flat so they do seem to make me look older. Not typically something I want, but then again I would describe the look as more classic and sophisticated, without looking unnatural or overdone.

Less is definately more with this palette! Do not go overboard with the blush or eyeshadow, i really think subtle is the key to making this work. Just wash the colours where u want them.

Eyeshadows:

I use navojo as a hilight, vintage all over the lid and chocolate mauve on the outer v to open up my eye. Chocolate mauve is also fantastic as a soft liner and is actually the perfect colour for defining my brows. As it is a cool brown, it comes off looking much more natural.

Blush:

The mauve works great as a contour as it is a bit darker than typical blush colours. I feel like applying this on the apple of ur cheeks would make you appear clownish. So use a good blush and sculpt out ur cheekbones with it.

Lip colours:

Nothing exciting, just mauvy browns to finish the look. Use a good lip brush to get the most out of it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2010 5:30:00 PM More reviews by nemona7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the colors in this palette- the 3 shadows, lip colors & mauve blush. I was afraid the blush would be too heavy on my light/medium skin tone but after i apply it on my cheeks, i blend it out a bit with my makeup sponge and it looks lovely. Great palette to carry around or take on trips. My only complaint is the smell of the lip colors! :(

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2010 10:21:00 PM More reviews by pel2iwinkle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this palette! I own about 6 Bobbi Brown Palettes and this is the one that I love, will probably use every last bit of it up, and would repurchase. The eye shadows are flattering and can be used to be appropriate for work or intensified for a more dramatic look. The blush is gorgeous and I hope she makes it a part of her permanent collection. And the lip colors are beautiful as well. All of these are winners! I've received compliments from wearing this palette and was very tempted to buy a back up when I saw it at a CCO, but my bf stopped me due to my large cosmetics collection. But I may still purchase it if I come across it again when he's not looking... ;) I only wish it came with a brushes like most of her palettes, but it's not necessary since I prefer my full sized ones. But it'd be nice when on the go. I've had this for over year now, and I still love it!

This is one of the best BB purchases I have ever made. I reach for it almost everyday solely for the blush. And when I travel I make sure I have this palette with me. Again, highly recommended. (For reference, I wear BB's Warm Beige but I think this would be flattering on most skin tones). I may purchase one for my mom because I think she would enjoy it as well.

Saw it at another CCO and I got my backup! :) Honestly, I want another and I wish Bobbi would put the shadows and blush in the permanent line. Sadly the hinge my original palette cracked while I was traveling and is being held together by tape :( Be careful when traveling - precious cargo!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2009 2:37:00 PM More reviews by bawangbieji

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have light skin with warm undertones. The blush suits me perfectly, it's a warmer pink shade that looks totally natural if applied with a good brush. Lip colors Dusty Mauve and Mauve are a bit too light for me, though. When I use either of them it looks like i have only lipbalm on my lips. Vintage Mauve works better to create a very natural shade that matches perfectly with the eyeshadows included in the palette, and can also be used in combination with darker eyeshadows. The lip colors are neither pinkish nor peachy on my skin. I like that.
The Navajo eyeshadow barely shows on me, I apply it on the inner corners only. Vintage and Chocolate Mauve shades match perfectly with each other.
To me the best thing about this palette is that the colors are matte. This was my first Bobbi Brown make up, and I'll definitely check out more of their stuff now.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2009 1:35:00 PM More reviews by mcpatty

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i love this palette! i usually don't buy ones that contain blush, but this shade is great. the lip colors are dreamy, and the eyeshadows soft and natural! sounds corny, but i must say this product is MAUVELOUS!! : )

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2009 3:18:00 AM More reviews by Lilian11

This is quite possibly my favourite BB palette of all time. I am quite a BB fan and bought and did not like the other face palettes like Pink and Bridal. Somehow all the colors in Mauve suit my Asian warm and medium complexion (BB beige or warm sand). I like natural looking makeup and this gives me a polished and understated look. Texture wise the finishes are matte which I don't mind. There is visible fine shimmer in the e/s pans though. I love all in one palettes so I would definitely repurchase but I don't think I'll ever run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2009 2:11:00 AM More reviews by LittleEwe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My absolute HG pallete! Bobbi Brown has outdone herself with this palette, which is recently released in Australia for the upcoming cooler months. I am a fair, cool-toned (pink undertones) redhead & the colours suit me beautifully. The mauve blush is cool enough for me to wear on my cheeks without looking ruddy; I can also apply it very sheerly or amp it up for greater depth at night. The lip colours are gorgeous worn alone or together, my favourite is the middle one. My only complaint is that the palette doesn't house its own brush, which is standard for BB palettes.