October 23, 2014 | 933 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Roman Holiday

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2014 5:24:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I've been on a pink lip kick lately and Roman Holiday is the latest addition to my growing collection. It's not too pink, not too milky or cool-toned, but just pink and cool enough that it still goes with my warm-neutral skintone and pigmented lips. I wonder how this compares to the lipstick and want to try that next.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2013 12:26:00 AM More reviews by MzCat

I received this in a swap, and I do love it. I'm a huge fan of milky pinks and the NARS velvet matte lip pencils. It does show up matte, but I like how it looks really natural on me. It's great to balance out intense eye makeup. A quick swipe of gloss with shine it up, but if you're not a fan of matte lips, I would just get the Roman Holiday lipstick instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2012 11:52:00 PM More reviews by rexiep

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a matte pale pink lipstick similar to what some of the jcrew models had on and this was perfect. It is not very moisturizing - it is a matte lip pencil after all - but it is not overly drying. The color is not chalky either but a nice pale pink. My lips are pretty dark too but this color shows up well. It was exactly what I was looking for.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2010 9:42:00 PM More reviews by JoSummers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This color just does not do well as a matte pencil in my opinion. It looks weird and unnatural on me. It's a brighter pink once you put it on than it seems in the pencil. I dislike this product. The color does last a long time, though.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2010 4:21:00 AM More reviews by bluenote

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This pencil dries powdery matte. The color shows up but is surprisingly light and pastel, which is the point, I suppose. Be sure to keep the pencil well-sharpened because the wooden part is super hard and thus can be super sharp (ouch). This is supposedly tasteless, but to me it tastes like metal. Would not repurchase as I prefer creamier lip products.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2009 9:22:00 PM More reviews by candycanefaery

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This pink is very soft but shows up lovely on my medium skin tone. I'm a NC30 in Studio Fix, and a medium-beige in Bare Escentuals. This was the first pink color I used on my lips and since then I love pink lipsticks and glosses. It lasts a lot time. The only downfall is you have to sharpen it a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2008 12:44:00 PM More reviews by fairywings

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am have insanely attracted to hot pink lip colors lately but I have had a very hard time finding a flattering one. NARS has such an amazing color selection to choose from and Roman Holiday is a beautiful bright pink. I am not a believer in lip pencils, but I fell in love with them after choosing this shade. I love the Velvet Matte Lip Pencils because they're smooth, you can fill your lips in with them instead of getting the harsh line, and they last a long time. I wear this under a clear gloss or under Roman Holiday Lipstick and I get my perfect bright pink color. I'm a lip pencil convert now...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2008 9:23:00 PM More reviews by Figure88

Being the total Nars addict that I am I collect the Velvet Matte pencils like a chipmuck hoarding nuts for the winter. I love them! This one however slightly misses the mark. I find that this is smoother than the others leaving a slightly liquidy feeling, like it is sitting on top of my lips in a funny way...like at any minute it is going to slide off. The color pay off is very sheer and it can look a bit chalky if applied too heavily. Baby pinks are a hard color to pull off. I would purchase this again though because when I apply a bit of gloss over it it is gorgeous, it is also great for lining the lips prior to applying a pink lipstick, and when applied lightly looks like a nice pink stain. Make sure your lips are smooth though of this will look horrific.