July 30, 2014 | 1000 users online

Top/Base Coats - Zoya - Armor topcoat/basecoat

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

While I really like Anchor (the base coat by Zoya/Qtica) I think Armor is just OK. It does not get as thick and "gloopy" as Seche Vite - but does not dry as fast either.

Armor is a shiny and perfectly passable top coat. Just not a HG.

That said - I feel that when I use Anchor first , then 2 coats of Zoya and then Armor on top - I do get a nice, long lasting traditional mani.

If you are on the hunt for your HG top coat - give it a try - it's nice - just not for everyone.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2013 10:02:00 AM More reviews by Pambryant

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got Armor and Anchor to use with Zoya polishes. I had no problems with drying.

But it seems to me the Armor tends to dissolve the polish (makes sense, like dissolves like), so you have to put a lot on the brush and just swipe once on the nail to keep from pulling the polish off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Best topcoat ever. Nothing, I mean nothing, stays on my nails for more than a day or two without peeling and chipping - ive tried tons of brands, nothing worked - until I discovered zoya. I use this topcoat with zoyas nail polishes and they do not come off until I take them off. It also works relatively well with other brand nail polishes, they don't chip and peel as fast as usual if I use this top coat.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by nailaholic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

never experienced bubbles, dries fast and made polishes last at least a week with no chipping. i went on a 3 day hike that including crawling my way up through rocky trails and none of nails broke off. was also carrying a 50 lbs backpack that is a pain in the rear to put on and would somehow make my nails feel like it would snap off but didn't. great product if used religiously,let the base dry first, then polish, let it dry, then this top coat to prevent bubbles. love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2013 11:08:00 AM More reviews by philomena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very disappointed, this topcoat somehow reacted with my polish and stained my nails. I use OPI base coat and colour and I didn't change anything else about my manicure except using this topcoat - my nails have never been stained by OPI before but when I removed the polish this morning my nails were completely stained red. I heard good things about Zoya and was looking for a less chemical-y alternative to Seche Vite, and I really wanted to like this product, but it was actually the worst topcoat I've ever used, I wouldn't even give my once-used bottle to a friend because it's that bad. (To be fair, it worked fine as a topcoat for me, I did get some tip wear but overall it had a shiny look without bubbles, but ruining my nails post manicure is a dealbreaker for me. Maybe if you used it with only Zoya polishes it would work better? But I am not going to get rid of all my other favourite polishes just to use one topcoat. Luckily I got this bottle on sale so I don't feel too bad about the money.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2013 7:34:00 PM More reviews by sarahcurll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been looking for an amazing top coat for such a long time. I have tried many different types - including many by Sally Hansen, Essie, Seche, etc..This one is THE best. I used it with my Zoya nail polish..On the 3rd day I added another coat, and I am on day 7 and my nails still look really good! very minimal chipping! And I work at a computer and type all day, wash my dishes by hand, and have been cleaning and getting ready for a move! Such a great product! I wish I could purchase it in stores though, not just online.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2011 9:14:00 PM More reviews by lalaland

I LOVE ZOYA!! Love love. I have mostly Zoya polishes but I never tried the top coat for some reason, probably because it's never on sale and I always get my Zoya polishes when there's a special and don't want to waste a polish on a topcoat if I can choose a color. I ran out of my current topcoat SpaRitual's fast dry top coat, and am trying not to use SecheVite because of the stronger chemical composition (I know some of you are thinking that all nail polishes are full of bad chemicals, which is partly true, but I still try my best). I really liked the SpaRitual, but it's real expensive and is hard to come by. So I got the Zoya Armor and I don't really care for it. For one, it takes forever to dry, if you are used to fast drying nail polishes. I messed up my toes and three fingers, even after waiting 15 minutes. The shine is okay, but definitely not very shiny. The good, however, is that it does seem to last as long as the SpaRitual and SecheVite...and it does seem to be a high quality polish (trust me you can usually tell if its cheap). I don't know if I would repurchase because I hate the wait time, but I do like it enough to keep using it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2011 11:38:00 AM More reviews by prettyseaeagle

The only top coat that works well with my Zoya nail polishes. I did not experience any bubbling issues as mentioned by others but that could be because I take care not to apply my polishes in direct sun or under direct air vent. I change my manicure once in 2-3 days so I cannot vouch for the wearability but at the end of 3 days I usually can only see minimal tip wear which is of no major concern.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2011 3:53:00 AM More reviews by alissss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I definitely like this top coat. Favorite along with poshe. I am rough with my nails and this makes my polish last a week or so.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2011 8:55:00 PM More reviews by adudle00

Great topcoat! This is definitely my favorite so far. Keeps my polish from chipping and I'm pretty rough with my nails. Would definitely repurchase!