July 22, 2014 | 2334 users online

Eyeliner - Sephora - Keep Kohl! Waterproof Liner

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2012 8:44:00 AM More reviews by Maquillage33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this eyeliner when I was in France (there isn't a Sephora in the UK) and I love it!! I have only worn it a couple of times and it stayed on for the whole time I wore it! Unlike any other eyeliner I have tried! It's such a solid black (I use keep black) and it doesn't smudge, it stays put. It is very waterproof indeed!! You can't get it off without makeup remover! I think the only downside to this product was that it was a little bit pricey in my opinion at 10 I think it was. Which is probably about 8. But I had the money to pay for it so it wasn't really an issue.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2011 11:49:00 AM More reviews by annavee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I initially wanted to grab the 24/7 urban decay eyeliner, i thought it was an amazing eyeliner where it made my eyes pop! However, i was a lil thrown off about the price. Great eyeliner pencil for sure, but was veyr expensive for what it is. The sephora recommended a similar pencil, the sephora kohl pencil. I tried both to see the difference. The sephora liner seemed to come off more black or darker on than the UD one.
So i bought the sephora one juist to see if itll have the same or similar results as the UD one. Its not horrible, i like that it is soft and smooth, but it smudges. and it doesnt stay as DARK or bold throughout the day. I think the UD one stays very bold thoroughout the day. I regret it and should have paid a bit more for the UD one. I'm definietly going to get the 24/7 after i finish using my sephora one.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2011 1:05:00 PM More reviews by mindlips

I only sampled this product so I have no experience sharpening this product or what-not. My impression on Sephora's Kohl Waterproof eyeliner (I used 'Keep Brown'):

1) It is a real, stubborn WATERPROOF eyeliner
2) It creates some dramatically dark colors on the eyelids (think Cleopatra)
3) The eyeliner owns a creamy texture upon use
4) I made sure it was a healthy cosmetic product before I even thought about using it (applies to ingredients being safe and more proportionately natural than others)

This eyeliner is one of the tops of my selections that have made it through the WATERPROOF test. Potential HG waterproof eyeliner much!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2011 9:46:00 PM More reviews by cassiecate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This pencil rocks! Reminds me of 24/7 but for like half of the price.

Creamy, smooth, waterproof.

I echo the other posters who say to get a nice pencil sharpener (I got mine from MAC, it was $6). Haven't used the smudger. Love this liner! For some reason some shades are $8 and some are $9. The black waterproof is $9.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2011 7:04:00 PM More reviews by beautyinme

I did not like this eyeliner. It was not creamy like I thought it would be. It just seems like a mess when I try to apply it to my upper lid. The smudger was useless. It erases the eyeliner when I use it to smudge my lines. It was hard to remove as well, but I guess it's 'cause it's waterproof. I returned this product and I'm on the hunt for another eyeliner.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/26/2010 3:54:00 PM More reviews by brokencitysky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Hate it
Hate it, hate it, hate it.
I went to Sephora to get my beloved MUFE kohl eyeliner and they were out (no surprise), so the lady there basically forced this liner down my throat and showed me the till.
This is probably the worst kohl liner I have tried (out of MUFE, Annabelle, Rimmel and Lancome)
It's not even black (Keep Black, it's called), it's like a super dark blue which I can't stand because it looks bad with my blue eyes.
It wont stay put to save it's life, I put it on early in the morning on both of my waterlines and next thing I know its gone on the bottom and smeared all over on my upper lid / crease.
It tugs SO bad it *almost* hurts and doesn't apply well or smoothly at all. Calling it creamy is a JOKE.
But it is SO waterproof, it stays on no matter what which is what deserves it one star.
In a nutshell, this liner sucks, but it's good for people who want something to stay through, say, swimming.
I have also had no problems sharpening.
Will not repurchase. Ick.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2010 2:22:00 AM More reviews by dnlkhyyt

i dont understand why there are so many bad reviews on this product, i love it!!! i used to use urban decay 24/7 but this one is even more pigmented and even more smooth when you apply it! it stays on alllll day, like no freaking joke. i have it in black and the brown color and i will continue to buy over and over again. for the people who are saying it keeps breaking off, i suggest to go to mac and buy their pencil sharpener, its the best and never eats ur pencils!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2010 11:55:00 PM More reviews by Systematic

I expected it to be better since it was the Sephora brand, but the eyeliner smudge EVERYWHERE. I look like some goth chick or someone with really bad eyebags. It lives up to its name though, it's really hard to take off.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2010 3:18:00 PM More reviews by becca_anne38

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this! I've used so many eyeliner, specifically black. I have light blue eyes, and I like an intense color. I only line my upper and lower waterline. This smoothes on very easily, and is fast to do. It is VERY waterproof. I never fully remove it when I wash my face, and I like how it smushes into my lash lines for a "permanent" look, and some days I like it just like that when I'm in a rush.

I'm up for 16 hr+ days with this on. It doesn't smudge at all! no flaking, no dark circles, no fallout. I love it. I just use my estee lauder eye sharpener and it's very easy, no breakage. I really recommend it. It's better, in my opinion, than MUFE and U.D. 24/7. It's very cheap too. I want to try the retractable e/l now because it has more colors. hopefully it's the same.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2010 11:10:00 AM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised at the low reviews for this product, maybe it isn't the same as the product I'm trying to review? The liner I'm using is called Kohl and Liner Waterproof, it's very long and quite thick. I love it! I haven't had ANY issues with it not sharpening, I've already sharpened it a few times and had not even a tiny problem! Maybe it depends on the sharpener you use? I use a professional MAC sharpener, maybe you shouldn't use a drugstore sharpener. This liner is so great! It really is waterproof, as I have watery eyes I can testify to that. It also doesn't smudge on me. I have oily skin and usually I have to depend on pricey MAC liners for them not to smudge, but this much cheaper liner works great for me. =UPDATE= Gotta edit and say this is one of the BEST eyeliners I've ever tried and used! I use it almost every day, I have black and brown. It's one of the most creamiest liners EVER to put on and it just glides on like a dream, but it stays put through everything! You can go swimming and it won't budge! Oily eyelids? No problem, this stuff stays stuck on until YOU take it off. I don't even look at my MAC pencils anymore since I got these, these glide on more smoothly, their staying power can't be beat, colour is great too. Only wish they had more shades. Sigh! =UPDATE= So my friend was looking at it the other day, she's a makeup artist, and she asked was I wearing Chanel eyeliner? So I whipped out this Sephora eyeliner and cried oh no it's Sephora it's so cheap it's less than 10! It's such good quality and makes such a good quality line that it looks HE, like Chanel!